Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612011 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #240 on: May 19, 2014, 11:03:35 am »
okay, I don't take a shit in the Orioles thread or the soccer thread. We can't just randomly decide that threads aren't about their stated purpose because one asshole doesn't like it, it's chaos. How about I decide just announced should really be about Starbucks and sexual fantasies and University of Michigan athletics? I think Hey Seth shouldnt be about requests for Seth, I think it should be about pruning and topiaries and how to build a greenhouse. How does that sound?

Just because you think some stupid show is prestigious doesn't mean anyone else does.  TV shows are TV shows.  Get over yourself. 
"Prestige television" is not my term. As I've explained in this thread at least once a month, it is an industry-standard term on websites such as AV club or any other place that reviews television. It refers to stylistic dramas with a few exceptions for shows like girls which are highly stylized dramas masquerading as comedies.

I, along with any other person with an IQ above 80, does not want to sit here and read analysis of big bang theory or other extremely broad comedies that - while entertaining - are devoid of any critical thinking. Those are not shows made for critical review or serious discussion of plot points. If you want to start an Idiots Jerking Off Over How Anti-Establishment South Park Is thread of inanities, go ahead.

Someone cannot go "I think this thread is stupid so I'm going to hijack it because it would be better if it was about ______ instead" and at the same time argue "Just Announced" or some other thread is sacred and we must stay fervently ontopic. It's an intellectual devoid, hypocritical, borderline narcissistic argument. If you don't like this thread, or any thread, don't read it. Start another.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:07:06 am by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

Hexenjagd

« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2014, 11:06:13 am »
If you dont like our posts, dont read them.

« Reply #242 on: May 19, 2014, 11:08:57 am »
If you dont like our posts, dont read them.
fantastically hypocritical advice coming from you, the most humorless person on here who has never seen a dissenting opinion you didn't act like a 5 year old having a temper tantrum in response to.
LVMH

Hexenjagd

« Reply #243 on: May 19, 2014, 11:09:23 am »
Get over yourself.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:10:55 am by Hexenjagd »

Hexenjagd

« Reply #244 on: May 19, 2014, 11:10:45 am »
And it isnt hypocritical; i skip plenty of people's posts.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #245 on: May 19, 2014, 11:11:28 am »
And I will shit all over your threads and responses at every chance.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #246 on: May 19, 2014, 11:12:09 am »
You are the biggest bully/jerk on here.  I imagine you are probably the only person who likes Julian.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #247 on: May 19, 2014, 11:12:51 am »
Anyways, I cant wait for the new season of South Park to start.

« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2014, 11:16:33 am »
And it isnt hypocritical; i skip plenty of people's posts.
Lol, tell me another one. Look at your behavior right now. You're incapable of not responding to things you disagree with. If I go post what a latently homoerotic nerdfest WWE is in your comic book thread or post anything other than a dry recitation of concert listings in Just Announced, you'll be decrying the fall of civilized society within 5 seconds, as always.
LVMH

« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2014, 11:17:36 am »
Anyways, I cant wait for the new season of South Park to start.
Im sure you're masturbating furiously over cartoons as you're wont to do.
LVMH

Hexenjagd

« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2014, 11:19:02 am »
You love throwing temper tantrums.

atomic

« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2014, 11:20:56 am »
okay, I don't take a shit in the Orioles thread or the soccer thread. We can't just randomly decide that threads aren't about their stated purpose because one asshole doesn't like it, it's chaos. How about I decide just announced should really be about Starbucks and sexual fantasies and University of Michigan athletics? I think Hey Seth shouldnt be about requests for Seth, I think it should be about pruning and topiaries and how to build a greenhouse. How does that sound?

Just because you think some stupid show is prestigious doesn't mean anyone else does.  TV shows are TV shows.  Get over yourself. 
"Prestige television" is not my term. As I've explained in this thread at least once a month, it is an industry-standard term on websites such as AV club or any other place that reviews television. It refers to stylistic dramas with a few exceptions for shows like girls which are highly stylized dramas masquerading as comedies.

I, along with any other person with an IQ above 80, does not want to sit here and read analysis of big bang theory or other extremely broad comedies that - while entertaining - are devoid of any critical thinking. Those are not shows made for critical review or serious discussion of plot points. If you want to start an Idiots Jerking Off Over How Anti-Establishment South Park Is thread of inanities, go ahead.

Someone cannot go "I think this thread is stupid so I'm going to hijack it because it would be better if it was about ______ instead" and at the same time argue "Just Announced" or some other thread is sacred and we must stay fervently ontopic. It's an intellectual devoid, hypocritical, borderline narcissistic argument. If you don't like this thread, or any thread, don't read it. Start another.

You are an idiot.  You watch a ton of TV that is probably why you are such a moron.  At least on HG TV you can learn something.  I am posting about TV on here because that is what the thread is for television.  You think that Big Bang Theory is less intelligent than some drama because it is on Pay Television?  Ridiculous.  Telling other people they are devoid of humour when you cant bother to watch comedies? Maybe you don't like comedies because you lack any sense of humor.

You used the words Prestige TV.  What I think is prestigious and what you think is prestigious is different. If you don't like that start a thread with the title boring dramas on Showtime.  And I will know not to open it up or post in it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:23:57 am by atomic »

Hexenjagd

« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2014, 11:23:53 am »
I never gave Big Bang Theory a chance because I read that it is more "laugh at nerds" than "laugh with nerds."  Am I missing out? 

atomic

« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2014, 11:26:39 am »
I never gave Big Bang Theory a chance because I read that it is more "laugh at nerds" than "laugh with nerds."  Am I missing out? 

It is pretty good at times.  I think it has improved from the begining.   Certainly now the characters are admired within the show.  Give it a chance...worse thing that could happen is you hate it.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2014, 11:27:29 am »
Hey Julian, do you realize your TV thread was inactive for over two months, before I resurrected it?

You are welcome.

Thanks atomic, I will check it out one of these days.