Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612241 times)

i am gay and i like cats

from a one person?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
I just read a synopsis on it (I do not have cable or satellite so I do not always hear about new shows) and it sounds interesting.  I also want to check out the Killing.
Kosmo also approves of The Bridge, I think.

The Killing is a really frustrating show. It does alot of things "right" as far as cinematography and decent acting but the show is horrifically paced. They take a story that was originally done in 10 episodes in Denmark or wherever and flush it out to 2 12-episode seasons by turning the entire thing into a huge stream of non-sequitor red herrings EVERY EPISODE and then finally cap the entire thing off with an out-of-left field new ending that strains credulity to say the least. I recall internet rage from alot of places towards the first season finale. By the end of season 2, I literally did not care who killed Rosie.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:35:31 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

Has anyone watched the new Fargo series? I've heard from a one person that it's good.
I'd rate it merely okay. The Americans and The Bridge would be way ahead of it on my "what is FX doing right" scale.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
The Bridge was very well done. The early seasons of Justified were good, season 2 especially. it's quality tapered off.

Fargo is good, but has too much filler. Billy Bob Thornton is very good in it.

The Fall from the UK was excellent and I always enjoy MI-5 aka spooks in the UK.
T.Rex

I went completely out of my comfort zone and gave Penny Dreadful a two episode tryout and while I absolutely hated it, it seems up your alley if you have Showtime, престижний Мисливець на відьом.

I think you have HBO since you watch True Detective. If you haven't seen In Treatment, Carnivale, Big Love or Deadwood, they're all available OnDemand/HBOGo.
LVMH

Hexenjagd

I love Carnivale.  I wish they didnt cancel it.

Yada

I went completely out of my comfort zone and gave Penny Dreadful a two episode tryout and while I absolutely hated it, it seems up your alley if you have Showtime, престижний Мисливець на відьом.

I think you have HBO since you watch True Detective. If you haven't seen In Treatment, Carnivale, Big Love or Deadwood, they're all available OnDemand/HBOGo.

Let's not forget Six Feet Under, the best show in the history of TV.

Hexenjagd

I think SG-1 was the best show of all time.

stevewizzle

Julian your entire persona has crumbled
Let me clarify: she was a trust fund dentist who was a master of saberage.

is saberage a NSFW term, or can i google it?

Hexenjagd

The internet lists a similar term, sabrage, which means to open a champagne bottle with a saber.

The internet lists a similar term, sabrage, which means to open a champagne bottle with a saber.
Sabrage is an anglicization of the original French study of "le saberage."
LVMH

Hexenjagd

Why would anyone want to be a master of that, no matter the Anglicization of the spelling?

That is probably one of the most useless things to be a master of in these modern times. 

Why would anyone want to be a master of that, no matter the Anglicization of the spelling?

That is probably one of the most useless things to be a master of in these modern times. 
You and I live vastly different lives.
LVMH

Hexenjagd

Do we though? 

I spend my summers gallivanting around the Chesapeake on a 37 foot 1966 CrisCraft. 

Do we though? 

I spend my summers gallivanting around the Chesapeake on a 37 foot 1966 CrisCraft. 

And you've never once came across a scenario where it would be apropos to open a bottle of champagne via sabre? Wow.
LVMH