Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612489 times)

Got Haggis?

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Discussion of "boring" TV dramas predominately on pay cable
« Reply #375 on: September 02, 2014, 04:36:54 pm »
wasn't sold on The Strain after the first episode, but kept watching.  It just keeps getting better and better with each episode.  I love it.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Discussion of "boring" TV dramas predominately on pay cable
« Reply #376 on: September 02, 2014, 04:47:30 pm »
wasn't sold on The Strain after the first episode, but kept watching.  It just keeps getting better and better with each episode.  I love it.

interesting.  the first episode didn't grab me, and given how little free time i have these days i didn't bother with the second episode.  maybe i'll give episode 2 a try, via VOD.

edit: nevermind.  my service provider doesn't grant me access to FX VOD.  oh well.
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #377 on: September 03, 2014, 08:18:39 am »
Anyone else following True Detective casting reports on industry sites? Elizabeth Moss in talks for female lead with Michelle Forbes in talks for another character. Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch for big roles, and for some reason Vince Vaughn is in discussions too. Not loving Vince Vaughn, but the rest of that cast - the ladies especially - would be phenomenal.

Loved Elizabeth Moss in Top of the Lake, even if she is a weird Scientologist.

I don't see how they're going to top Woody and alright alright alright, but hopefully it will be just as good.

K8teebug

« Reply #378 on: September 03, 2014, 08:19:41 am »
Anyone else watching The Leftovers?  I can't decide if it's good, or if I'm just going to end up being duped like when Lost ended.

I also need to catch up on Rectify.  Only saw the first two episodes!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #379 on: September 03, 2014, 08:46:57 am »
if you, are not, watching vicious, on pbs . . . then, why not.

wml7

« Reply #380 on: September 03, 2014, 09:08:54 am »
Anyone else watching The Leftovers?  I can't decide if it's good, or if I'm just going to end up being duped like when Lost ended.

Haven't seen the Leftovers, but I loved Lost!
 ;D

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #381 on: September 03, 2014, 09:37:31 am »
Anyone else following True Detective casting reports on industry sites? Elizabeth Moss in talks for female lead with Michelle Forbes in talks for another character. Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch for big roles, and for some reason Vince Vaughn is in discussions too. Not loving Vince Vaughn, but the rest of that cast - the ladies especially - would be phenomenal.

Loved Elizabeth Moss in Top of the Lake, even if she is a weird Scientologist.

I don't see how they're going to top Woody and alright alright alright, but hopefully it will be just as good.
That Elizabeth Moss - the best actor on one of the best acted show of our generation, Mad Men - didn't get nominated for an Emmy in the season that was the most Peggy-centric is a crime. Someone should be arrested.

Elizabeth Moss is just a fantastic, fantastic actor, in everything she's ever been in. Top Of The Lake was a revelation. I don't even care if she's a Scientologist.
LVMH

« Reply #382 on: September 03, 2014, 09:39:24 am »

The Leftovers is so hit and miss. There are certain episodes that are some of the best TV I've seen all year, but the show goes nowhere and seems a red herring fest, much like Lost. Caveat Emptor. I'm still watching it.

Rectify might be my second favorite show behind Mad Men right now. Everything about it is so well done, aside from Tawney's husband whose name I can't even remember because he's such an awful character.
LVMH

« Reply #383 on: September 04, 2014, 11:27:12 pm »
Hell On Wheels stepped up their game in the first two episodes this season.
Couldn't agree more

Also came across a great show on Hulu: The wrong mans.
too bad there are only 6 shows, rumor has it another season may happen
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:52:03 pm by Sidehatch »
slack

James Ford

K8teebug

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #385 on: November 04, 2014, 09:25:49 am »
They're trying to make a story out of nothing.

« Reply #386 on: November 04, 2014, 09:59:06 am »
I honestly cannot decide how I feel about that entire thing.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #387 on: November 05, 2014, 01:37:40 pm »
I guess it didn't surprise me that she did this and wrote about it.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #388 on: November 05, 2014, 03:19:05 pm »
i enjoy watching stuff only on Netflix.  be behind in everything.  so i am falling out of love with the game of thrones.  maybe i should stick on, i am at the point where the 'imp' was locked in a castle at some crazy queen and her annoying son, and he gets out by some bizarro swordfight justice ritual.  it seems to be slow and draggy and not much on the "oh wow" stuff yet, i am assuming?

also, i found arrow to be bad, bones to be dumb, house of cards gets better and better, orange is the new black second season should have kept the other prison story line alive more, but i have not finished that season yet either.  bates motel first episode was good to ok, but not sure if i should give it a chance, dexter just got dumb, fringe is ok, in small doses, walking dead is like a great movie experience each episode.  cant decide whether to start scandal.  the end.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #389 on: November 05, 2014, 03:30:22 pm »
We just finished watching Manhattan, about the atomic bomb project, it was very well done
T.Rex