Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612474 times)

ggw

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #630 on: April 09, 2015, 03:07:39 pm »
Did no one else watch Justified?  A little inconsistent at times through the years, but when it was on, it was really on.  Like Olyphant's prior gig - Deadwood - it never really got its due during its run but will probably get noticed after its demise.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #631 on: April 09, 2015, 03:36:09 pm »
Did no one else watch Justified?  A little inconsistent at times through the years, but when it was on, it was really on.  Like Olyphant's prior gig - Deadwood - it never really got its due during its run but will probably get noticed after its demise.
This final season is being raved about by AV Club. I feel like the first season and this last one were very strong but it got so-so in the middle. I'll miss it; excited to see what the finale brings.

FX really has been killing it with Justified, The Americans, Fargo, etc but their positioning of their shows as "miniseries" keep them from getting an Drama Emmy nods that would make more people take notice.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:44:08 pm by Julian, Verified SHITLORD »
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #632 on: April 09, 2015, 03:44:45 pm »
Season 2 of Justified was definitely the best, they just never had a villain as good as the one Margo Martindale played since then.  Her pot queen pin role was the best.. Last season is kinda plodding along, with a couple good moments
T.Rex

« Reply #633 on: April 09, 2015, 03:45:03 pm »
  Like Olyphant's prior gig - Deadwood - it never really got its due during its run but will probably get noticed after its demise.
Deadwood was great and he was fantastic in it
First time I saw Tim O in GO, I knew he was going to be someone to watch

although, I couldn't ever really get into Justified
slack

« Reply #634 on: April 09, 2015, 03:47:42 pm »
Season 2 of Justified was definitely the best, they just never had a villain as good as the one Margo Martindale played since then.  Her pot queen pin role was the best.. Last season is kinda plodding along, with a couple good moments
I was always partial to the white guy who was kind of nuts and got his arms cut off by the hog guy at the end of the season.

Wynn Duffy will outlive us all, though.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #635 on: April 09, 2015, 03:53:40 pm »
Agree on season 2 being the best. 

Lots of great minor characters throughout the series.  Sometimes the show got a little too hokey/cutesy with the hillbilly stereotypes. Other times the dialogue spun its own fantastic vernacular, but not with the consistency that Deadwood did the same.  Boyd Crowder had his moments, but he was nowhere near the foil to Raylan that Ian McShane was to Seth Bullock.

And Olyphant seems only to succeed when playing the morally conflicted lawman.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #636 on: April 11, 2015, 10:01:59 pm »
Yeah season 2 of Fortitude already announced!
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #637 on: April 13, 2015, 10:36:23 am »
Would appreciate an HBO Go password! Unfortunately that new HBO service isn't available for Samsung TVs :(. Anyone catch Game Of Thrones last night? Gonna watch it after work! Very excited. Winter is finally here I think...
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #638 on: April 15, 2015, 09:54:28 am »
We dug coal together.

That's right.
LVMH

Got Haggis?

« Reply #639 on: April 16, 2015, 11:07:33 am »
daredevil is quite good, they definitely nailed the look and feel of frank miller era daredevil

« Reply #640 on: April 16, 2015, 11:15:03 am »
daredevil is quite good, they definitely nailed the look and feel of frank miller era daredevil

good to hear....haven't turned on the tube in a week or so, but this was high on the next to watch list
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #641 on: April 16, 2015, 11:48:21 am »

I just always thought he was a lame superhero. And I don't like any superhero shows. But Netflix is good...
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #642 on: April 17, 2015, 10:48:37 am »

good to hear....haven't turned on the tube in a week or so, but this was high on the next to watch list

felt it was a good night to deprive my self from sleep and watch the first episode
I think its awesome so far....very dark and violent
some hokey elements, but overall very good
slack

« Reply #643 on: April 17, 2015, 05:00:35 pm »
new orphan black starts tomorrow!

I kinda have the hot's for the Berkley College student one with the dreds
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #644 on: April 27, 2015, 11:22:20 am »
I was catching up on the Americans this weekend and wow have amped up the tension on this one. 
T.Rex