Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 611742 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #885 on: March 02, 2016, 11:29:57 pm »
Somehow I am just now catching on to Portlandia.

walk,on,by

« Reply #886 on: March 03, 2016, 11:37:51 am »
somehow, I just am watching the first episode of its always sunny in Philadelphia.  it was great, cute, and funny.  i'm, in.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #887 on: March 03, 2016, 11:42:45 am »
somehow, I just am watching the first episode of its always sunny in Philadelphia.  it was great, cute, and funny.  i'm, in.
It gets much better once Danny DeVito joins in season 2.
LVMH

« Reply #888 on: March 03, 2016, 11:47:43 am »
Holy crap were the last 2 X-Files epic fails. We'll always have episode 3.
yeah I watched the first two and really was underwhelmed

Really watch the third one. It's everything that was ever awesome about the show. The rest of the episodes can be thrown out...
finally did and you are right, totally worth it
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #889 on: March 03, 2016, 12:17:40 pm »
It gets much better once Danny DeVito joins in season 2.
Really? I thought it was one of the few shows to hit the ground running. The characters and premises are absurd from episode 1. I just finished rewatching season 1 and didn't realize how many recurring characters were introduced immediately in season 1 [Waitress, Carmen, Artimus]. I think it kicks into overdrive in season 3 or so. By far my favorite live action comedy series of all time. It's insane how they've kept it up for 10 seasons. Need to catch up on season 11.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #890 on: March 03, 2016, 12:18:38 pm »
The characters are so grating. I absolutely love it. I haven't caught the last season they put up on Netflix, but it's a great show! The cameos on the show are great too.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #891 on: March 03, 2016, 12:27:39 pm »
The characters are so grating. I absolutely love it. I haven't caught the last season they put up on Netflix, but it's a great show! The cameos on the show are great too.
the one with Amiee Mann is priceless
Living in San Francisco...have seen all those characters in real life
The artisanal lightbulb one is still one of my favorites
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #892 on: March 03, 2016, 12:37:18 pm »
the one with Amiee Mann is priceless
The artisanal lightbulb one is still one of my favorites

Not sure when it comes in, but Jeff Goldblum and the knot store had me in stitches. The 'outdoor couple' who find the dog outside too, the womyn's book store, the hipster biker guy. Ugh. So many amazing character's.
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #893 on: March 03, 2016, 01:39:52 pm »

It gets so much better. It's amazing they've been ignored by the Emmys. They are like Seinfeld to the extreme, but smarter.

vansmack

« Reply #894 on: March 03, 2016, 01:42:25 pm »

I quit watching it for this reason. 
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #895 on: March 03, 2016, 02:30:40 pm »

It gets so much better. It's amazing they've been ignored by the Emmys. They are like Seinfeld to the extreme, but smarter.
I've been blown away multiple times by how their writers can come up with such insane stupidity lol. I've always wondered what kept them out of reach of an Emmy...
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #896 on: March 03, 2016, 02:44:54 pm »
that's simple...it's too darn vulgar and childish (which is why you love it)
it will never win an emmy

and who the hell cares about winning an Emmy (other than FOX so they can charge their advertisers more)
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #897 on: March 03, 2016, 02:50:06 pm »
Funny you mention their Emmy snubs, but I thought the episode they did parodying that was probably the "smartest" thing they ever did and the best possible response to never getting nominated for an Emmy.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #898 on: March 03, 2016, 03:03:03 pm »
that's simple...it's too darn vulgar and childish (which is why you love it)
it will never win an emmy

and who the hell cares about winning an Emmy (other than FOX so they can charge their advertisers more)
I don't care, I never even really thought about it until now. BUT, South Park has won multiple Emmy's and it's one of the most vulgar shows of like... all time... lol. Sunny also does a lot of great social commentary and is super tongue-in-cheek, but I guess it IS just childish for the most part. I feel like there's 100 violent ass TV shows that get Emmy nods but saying "titties" is where they draw the line. That seems.... childish. Lol. That's our culture though.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #899 on: March 03, 2016, 03:05:04 pm »
Vikings, anybody else watch it?  I am on episode 4 of the first season and am loving it.