Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 611835 times)

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1290 on: December 07, 2017, 03:25:41 pm »
The Punisher which might be the bloodiest TV show of the year.... I'm assuming it has to be bloodier than TWD.... There's just..... so much blood.
I can't take TWD anymore...I just am not interested in the whole concept

but the Punisher has been awesome, that dude does some damage
I really am impressed how much character development is done instead of 50 mins of blood and fights
most episodes it only seems like at the most there are 10 mins of bloody scenes
Love Amber Rose Revah as Madani
this is a good read

SMILF is great, but only got the first episode for free and don't have showtime
I thought fleabag was fantastic too

I've not dug into Mr Robot yet, but there is some high anticipation from me on that
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 03:33:25 pm by Brother Love Hatch🚀🚀🚀🚀 »
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1291 on: December 07, 2017, 04:16:40 pm »
I clocked out of TWD in like season 3 or 4. Honestly don't know how that is the most watched/popular show on TV.

I thought Punisher was great, probably my favorite since Daredevil. Went back to season 2 and remember how good Punisher was in that as well. I enjoyed the ending as well. Felt like a nice way to end at least this season. What more could they have for him? Wouldn't mind if it just stayed as 1 season.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #1292 on: January 03, 2018, 04:02:37 pm »
The Israeli series Fauda (on Netflix) is very good.  Homeland-ish storyline, but thankfully lacking Clare Danes overacting.

« Reply #1293 on: January 03, 2018, 07:55:50 pm »
I've enjoyed the first few episodes of shut eye.
The female actors are fantastic  (and dare I say hot)
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1294 on: January 05, 2018, 11:46:09 am »
I had hope for Black Mirror. Seems like more of season 3. Only watched the first 2 episodes though. Do they get any better?
‼‼?‼‼

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1295 on: January 05, 2018, 01:13:45 pm »
I thought the last episode was the only really good one.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1296 on: January 06, 2018, 10:54:46 pm »
The Detectorists is an understated hoot.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #1297 on: January 08, 2018, 05:53:58 pm »
I am so late to every,thing.  I just started watching Girls.  It's a hard to watch show already, and I get the utter appeal of it, already.  Like  how I felt when I first recently saw the movie Mean Girls with Lindsay Lohan.  We will see how much of Lena Dunham I can take.  But I am interested to see what Adam Driver does in it.  I also am about to watch the first season of Amazon's Long Strange Trip.  And some show I have only heard about called Orphan Black.  I hope it is good.  Will find out tonight.  Supposed to get ice here in the Valley tonight, so tv and popcorn movie night at home is in order.

K8teebug

« Reply #1298 on: January 08, 2018, 06:07:57 pm »
Love Orphan Black.

The only reasons to watch Girls are Adam Driver and Soshanna.

martinrob

« Reply #1299 on: January 08, 2018, 10:06:30 pm »
Girls is a good show.  Old man Ray is a trip.  And Elijah steals every scene.  Adam Driver is crazy good.  It is amazing that he is the face of the dark side in Star Wars.  There are some episodes that could have been cut, but overall a good show.

« Reply #1300 on: January 08, 2018, 10:06:58 pm »
I second the OB reco
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1301 on: May 31, 2018, 08:37:45 am »
The series finale of The Americans was one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #1302 on: August 27, 2018, 09:31:11 am »
Crappy shows I watched so you don't have to:

Goliath, season 2 - 5/10 - Doesn't live up to season 1, which wasn't a particularly high bar to begin with.  Billy Bob still has his good moments, but overall the story just doesn't really work.

Sharp Objects - 4/10 - Slow, plodding, disjointed and overall meh.  If you were expecting something equivalent to Big Little Lies you will be sorely, sorely disappointed.  Surprise ending not really a surprise.  Patricia Clarkson will likely get a (deserved) Emmy nod, but that's about the only positive I can report.  That and the fact that there's lots of Zeppelin on the soundtrack.

Yellowstone - 3/10 - I decided on the score of 3 because that was the exact number of episodes I could endure before abandoning this disaster.

McMafia - 1/10 - I finally got around to watching the final episode last week, but I couldn't tell you what happened because this series is as dull and forgetful as anything that's been on TV in the last decade.  The lead actor has the personality of a doorstop and the acting range of a gnat.  Supporting cast largely follows his lead.

« Reply #1303 on: August 27, 2018, 09:48:57 am »
Crappy shows I watched so you don't have to:

Sharp Objects - 4/10 - Slow, plodding, disjointed and overall meh.  If you were expecting something equivalent to Big Little Lies you will be sorely, sorely disappointed.  Surprise ending not really a surprise.  Patricia Clarkson will likely get a (deserved) Emmy nod, but that's about the only positive I can report.  That and the fact that there's lots of Zeppelin on the soundtrack.
couldn't agree more...only 3 episodes in with very high expectations
I did love all the Zeppelin and her step dad's stereo set up is killer
I'm struggling to find something good right now, was pleased that Real Time was back on so at least there was something to watch
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #1304 on: August 27, 2018, 11:02:51 am »
I actually really like Sharp Objects. I love all the women character studies. Still haven't seen the finale.

A show that's not amazing, but still pretty good...the Sinner. Anyone else watching?