Author Topic: Meta: Thread Clutter  (Read 20877 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Meta: Thread Clutter
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2014, 08:09:34 pm »
another sacred cow falls...

the hey seth thread isone of my favorite things about the board
just wait till my loyal army of followers calls for the end of the FAQ forum for April sweeps week!
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 11:24:23 pm »
I never understood the purpose of the "Hey Seth" thread.  I know he checks it, since i see him post in it, but i doubt he makes booking decisions based upon what a couple local area music nerds want to see.

How many promoters so readily make themselves to the general public? And once in awhile posts inside info. It's a fun little thread that you have posted in numerous times.   Like DJ setlists it's not going anywhere soon...

I like that Seth posts here I just don't like everyone stating things like "Nick Cave" 20 times in a row when we already know Seth is going to book him if he can.  Totally pointless.  Maybe Hey Seth shouldn't have any band requests in it.  Instead you could ask him things like drumming hints,  marital advice, and what automobile does he recommend for impressing chicks.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2014, 08:44:54 am »
atomic.blogspot.com

atomic

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2014, 09:59:23 am »
atomic.blogspot.com

Why the trolling today grateful?

ggw

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2014, 11:01:48 am »
what automobile does he recommend for impressing chicks.

Pretty sure he drives an SL500, but it may be the AMG SL55.

atomic

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2014, 12:16:03 pm »
what automobile does he recommend for impressing chicks.

Pretty sure he drives an SL500, but it may be the AMG SL55.

Nice he should post about that car.  Also maybe he should be the one giving life advice after all he owns the board and drives an AMG Mercedes while the other guy drives and 18 year old Saturn. 

Hexenjagd

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2014, 12:42:26 pm »
I thought the idea was to de-clutter this place. 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2014, 12:50:13 pm »
This ain't nothing like back in the day when Dupek was here... At least there aren't a bunch of threads that say Mary j. bilge
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2014, 01:04:32 pm »
thus, atomic, must be . . . this dupek you speak of.

atomic

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2014, 01:49:12 pm »
I thought the idea was to de-clutter this place. 

It is.  I can't stop people from posting in "Hey Seth" , "Just Announced", and "ShowlistDC".  This is a team effort.  We actually have two threads with "Comic Books" in the thread title.  I don't see a point to either.  You could just put that in the books thread. 

atomic

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2014, 01:56:47 pm »
thus, atomic, must be . . . this dupek you speak of.

Who is this Dupek character?  First you guys told me I was Julian who then came back and turned out to be a big boost to the forum.  So if Dupek is anything like Julian and I bring him back.

Really I don't know what you guys did after Julian stopped posting and before I started posting.    Well you had Walky which was good  but otherwise...... You know just copying bands playing somewhere from other sites or posting what you are listening to does not build a community.  I want everyone to feel part of something special. ..... Not just a site where people copy from ShowListDC's site and post in Just Announced and then reply in Just Announced Commentary that the accoustics suck at that venue.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2014, 02:10:16 pm »
we just like to confuse people, atomic.  the first rule of the forum club, is that you dont talk about realism.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2014, 02:16:08 pm »
Post DJ setlists duh...
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2014, 02:20:35 pm »
we just like to confuse people, atomic.  the first rule of the forum club, is that you dont talk about realism.

LO,L

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2014, 02:26:34 pm »

LO,L

good one, gurl