Author Topic: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.  (Read 286259 times)

atomic

Sounds like they'd make a great wedding band.

They did a country album that paled in comparison to the county acts they were mimicking, but it's album is tolerable.

I honestly don't think I've heard any of their other albums.

Some people kept telling me how great they were so I listened to one of there albums and it was awful.  So I figured I would give them another chance as maybe I picked the wrong  album and that album was even worse..Something to do about chocalate or something.  But I guess their gimmick is they suck but we stuck in a different style of music each album. 

Seeing as the venue's they play in keep shrinking they probably would make more money as a wedding band.

azaghal1981

Thread not working out.

Sort of like the band.

It ran its course like every band does.
احمد

atomic

hutch

Seeing as the venue's they play in keep shrinking they probably would make more money as a wedding band.

you are gravely misinformed..the venue sizes were increasing to the end...

gene (Or aaron) walked away from a lot of money to save himself from his heroin addiction.

atomic

you are gravely misinformed..the venue sizes were increasing to the end...

gene (Or aaron) walked away from a lot of money to save himself from his heroin addiction.

They were headlining festivals then a couple of years later they were headlining Sonar.  Now they are playing at the Ottobar.  Next month it will Metro Gallery.  After that they will probably opening up for Puppet Shows.

hutch

^now when you just make shit up you get very annoying amigo...

the venue sizes got bigger... not only that the places they were playing.... at the beginning it was a northeast thing with maybe NC...they spread out bigtime across the US..

the bands following grew..the legend grew...the boognish asserted itself.. towards the end they were drawing pretty young crowds unlike say bands like GBV, Luna which are bands that did lose their base as their fans turned into 30 somethings that got married, had kids, and started posting about their kids college fund on the 930 board..and younger people don't go near them without a 10 foot pole... see dean wareham playing U St Hall for $15.

unfortunately the drugs took a toll on Ween... and the bond between Gener and Deaner broke... also Deaners interest in leading fishing excursions didnt help... they became a live act to finance their respective lifestyles.. in the 90s they were getting together and fucking around with the 4 track machine and recording recording recording....

any more questions?

atomic

^now when you just make shit up you get very annoying amigo...

the venue sizes got bigger... not only that the places they were playing.... at the beginning it was a northeast thing with maybe NC...they spread out bigtime across the US..

the bands following grew..the legend grew...the boognish asserted itself.. towards the end they were drawing pretty young crowds unlike say bands like GBV, Luna which are bands that did lose their base as their fans turned into 30 somethings that got married, had kids, and started posting about their kids college fund on the 930 board..and younger people don't go near them without a 10 foot pole... see dean wareham playing U St Hall for $15.

unfortunately the drugs took a toll on Ween... and the bond between Gener and Deaner broke... also Deaners interest in leading fishing excursions didnt help... they became a live act to finance their respective lifestyles.. in the 90s they were getting together and fucking around with the 4 track machine and recording recording recording....

any more questions?

They headlined Lollapalooza.  I choose to see Manu Chao instead of them or was it Death Cab for Cutie?  Not sure but they were headliners.  After that time they played Sonar.  Are you stating that Sonar isn't smaller than Lollapalooza. Now one weenie is playing Ottobar.  Is Ottobar not smaller than Sonar? 

hutch

They headlined Lollapalooza.  I choose to see Manu Chao instead of them or was it Death Cab for Cutie?  Not sure but they were headliners.  After that time they played Sonar.  Are you stating that Sonar isn't smaller than Lollapalooza. Now one weenie is playing Ottobar.  Is Ottobar not smaller than Sonar? 

1. Festivals are totally different animals but I can't take your word that Ween headlined Lolla because you just make shit up left and right.. yourself admitting you don't even know who you saw
2. Is Ween playing the Ottobar? Damn I need to get on that... wait a minute you're talking about Deaner....welll I'm not going ... and even on percocet I'd go see Ween at Ottobar..wait a minute...I'd really go on percocet..... you getting it? Ween does not equal Deaner. Deaner is the guitar player.. Gener is the singer...

anyways I watched it happen... Ween would play the 930 every year... a big part of the crowd where people driving from their home base around Pennsylvania.... they got bigger and things changed... the 930 shows  got less frequent..they expanded their base and started playing across the country..ocassionally they would play smaller places, i'm guessing for shits and giggles (ie, bottle and cork), but overall the crowds got bigger and more importantly they stayed young. the end.

atomic

1. Festivals are totally different animals but I can't take your word that Ween headlined Lolla because you just make shit up left and right.. yourself admitting you don't even know who you saw
2. Is Ween playing the Ottobar? Damn I need to get on that... wait a minute you're talking about Deaner....welll I'm not going ... and even on percocet I'd go see Ween at Ottobar..wait a minute...I'd really go on percocet..... you getting it? Ween does not equal Deaner. Deaner is the guitar player.. Gener is the singer...

anyways I watched it happen... Ween would play the 930 every year... a big part of the crowd where people driving from their home base around Pennsylvania.... they got bigger and things changed... the 930 shows  got less frequent..they expanded their base and started playing across the country..ocassionally they would play smaller places, i'm guessing for shits and giggles (ie, bottle and cork), but overall the crowds got bigger and more importantly they stayed young. the end.

Well it is easy enough to look up.  I did see Manu Chau and Death Cab for Cutie as headliners.  One day I picked one of them over Wilco and another day I picked one of them over Ween.  Two years after that they did headline Sonar.  Once again that is easy enough to look up.  930 club is not a huge venue.  Dwindling fan-base.  They had that song everyone loved yet they couldn't back it up. 

atomic

I like how this thread is developing. It might go over 100 posts.

atomic

In tribute to Ween should I start a one-hit wonders thread?  I don't want to clutter the board but I think it would be appropriate if you guys responded to it with Ween comments.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
You must feel so much better about the board.  I mean, this thread alone might just drive away the unpleasantness you've been talking so much about.

Yada

hutch, why are you feeding this gigantic thor troll?

atomic

hutch, why are you feeding this gigantic thor troll?

Weren't you guys trolling my threads with Ween talk?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 03:47:37 pm by atomic »

atomic

You must feel so much better about the board.  I mean, this thread alone might just drive away the unpleasantness you've been talking so much about.

I was just giving you a thread to discuss your favorite band.  Since you were putting it every thread.