Author Topic: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.  (Read 286351 times)

atomic

ugh...is there a way to block atomic
his posts are truly cluttering the place up with useless drivel that really adds nothing
I guess it's just easier to make lame statements about bands you really know nothing about then actually write something about a band you like?
Atomic, Please create a thread of the bands you like and why you like them...then the rest of the board can go and rip your commentary/opinions to shreds.

Actually I started this thread so that Ween lovers would have a place to post their thoughts on their favorite band as they were cluttering up every thread with Ween nonsense.  I mean I don't care that you like a shitty band or not and wouldn't have commented on it.  I actually didn't comment the first thread they hijacked with Ween stuff but when it got to the point that every thread was trolled with Ween stuff.  Why are you blaming me for your cohorts actions?

fatskippy

ugh...is there a way to block atomic

+1. I'm amazed that people still respond to that troll.

I didn't see Chaz (never really made plans to meet)

I posted in one of the many other Ween threads on the board right now, but I thought the show ripped. Very exciting to see Deaner again!

Yada...sorry for mixing you up with Chaz (four letter names?)
but I did see your posts.  Glad to see Deaner is enjoying it as much as his fans are
slack

nkotb

This thread disappoints.

Cool write-up, Sidehatch.  Thought the show was good too.  Way better than those Gene Ween Band shows a few years back.  And ditto on Guy...how has that guy not fronted any band other than Moistboyz is beyond me.

Ok, back to exile.

Ween - Discuss your thoughts
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2014, 12:47:41 pm »
Nice article in RS interviewing Arron
Save your judgments for someone else
slack

atomic

This thread disappoints.

You only get what you put into it. 

Yada

Re: Ween - Discuss your thoughts
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2014, 01:16:07 pm »

Best interview I've read with him since the break up. Sounds like he's pretty much over it and they won't be back together. I kind of always assumed they would get together for at least a cash grab, but it sounds pretty dead.

i am gay and i like cats

i never knew about gene's girlfriend and how she played into the mix.

Re: Ween - Discuss your thoughts
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2014, 05:23:27 pm »

Best interview I've read with him since the break up. Sounds like he's pretty much over it and they won't be back together. I kind of always assumed they would get together for at least a cash grab, but it sounds pretty dead.

I'd say give it 5-7 years...he will find that he's not making that much cash from his shows/records and they will do a reunion tour and cash in

But I'd be happy to see him surprise me, but I saw his solo tour before the clouds and it was weak...unlike the Dean Ween Band
slack

Re: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2014, 10:02:26 am »

http://www.americadesigns.com/

America Antiques and Designs
 5 South Main Street
 Lambertville, NJ. 08530
 p 609-397-6966
slack

Yada

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2014, 10:21:59 am »
Would love to check that out.

Just got my ticket for Gener's acoustic show at Ram's Head in Annapolis.

hutch

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2014, 05:41:30 pm »
I dont know what Deaner is doing.. is he that broke???

I'd love to check it out too but its not going to be possible

I have always wanted that boognish belt buckle bad!

Yada

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2014, 05:42:35 pm »

That's my assumption is that they're both completely broke.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2014, 06:02:45 pm »
As long as there is U2, Metallica, and Boston, anyone else will be fighting for 4th worst band ever.
FUKIT

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2014, 10:40:12 pm »

That's my assumption is that they're both completely broke.
Hard to say, but both of them can still pack a small crowd in most towns they show up in
That has to be worth a few grand each night?
I can't imagine that the 'boys of Freeman' are getting paid a lot
If I was a musician, that would be ideal
the bands on Kilsaly's lists might make more than a few hundred per show.  Then after food, drinks, transportation and lodging...you are paying to be on tour.

I have to imagine they were starting to make some serious bank touring for the last almost 10 years of their career.  they were always selling out venues like 930 and getting great billings on festivals 
I would imagine other than C&C they didn't make a whole lot of revenue from their albums ... but they still get some revenue on their back catalog...(unless it's like  David Lowery said and the royalty checks are less than the postage they are mailed on)

I will say Dean selling stuff on ebay was a low I didn't expect.
I also think it hurt to see them add 'formerly of Ween' to the blowtel bill

I honestly think the both of them are doing great and doing what they love
I'm fairly certain that in a few years...hopefully not ten or so.  That there is no way they won't get back together and tour their asses off. Also would have to be with Dreiwitz, Coleman and McClelland and they are about as brown as they come...honestly don't think the show would have been the same without those guys, so they are essential in my book

I understand Aaron's need to just distance himself from the group of people and a scene that almost contributed to his death. 
But that rock and rock can save a man's soul...that shit is true.
Oh yeah it can certainly kill you too, I don't deny that

Those Ween shows (while often very much fueled by drugs and alcohol by the performers/crowd) were really goofy, hard rocking, rock opera style performances. The element of comedy, absurdity and musicality is unrivaled. Everyone in the audience was a rabid fan.

It seemed like there were two kinds of people: ones who never heard of Ween and ones who were massively obsessed with Ween and seeing them live. (oh yeah there is Atomic who we owe this thread to...who doesn't fall into either)

I 100% believe they can get in that groove with out drugs and alcohol...if that is what they want to do.

So I am most definitely still down with the brown, no matter what shade. 
slack