Author Topic: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.  (Read 286621 times)

walk,on,by

Re: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2015, 12:49:12 pm »
the lube.

yeah . . . goodtimes.

Yada

« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2015, 12:51:18 pm »
nice looking like a DC show in April!
man...but what venue...3 shows at club would be fantastic!

TERMINAL 5 in NYC has a 3000 capacity :(

could be echostage...

killsaly

« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2015, 12:52:36 pm »
the lube.

yeah . . . goodtimes.
They wont play there or MPP.

hutch

« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2015, 05:50:30 pm »
Have Ween gotten that much bigger? It seems like 2000 capacity is what they could do Lincoln seems like the best bet.. if they've gotten much bigger we could be looking at Echostage..

They have always gone with IMP so I'm not sure they would go with Fillmore.. also you got to think Deaner owes them for his fiasco show

Yada

« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2015, 05:59:34 pm »
Have Ween gotten that much bigger? It seems like 2000 capacity is what they could do Lincoln seems like the best bet.. if they've gotten much bigger we could be looking at Echostage..

They have always gone with IMP so I'm not sure they would go with Fillmore.. also you got to think Deaner owes them for his fiasco show

I'd say the demand is a tad higher than normal, so they should strike while the iron is hot. The last time they played DC was at DAR, not the club... That was 07' or 08', I can't recall.

hutch

« Reply #200 on: December 08, 2015, 06:00:47 pm »

I'd say the demand is a tad higher than normal, so they should strike while the iron is hot. The last time they played DC was at DAR, not the club... That was 07' or 08', I can't recall.

well yah but how did it sell? I was under the impression that not that great...

Yada

« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2015, 06:31:42 pm »

No idea, bought 2nd row seats on the secondary market for like $12. Thanks scalpers!

hutch

« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2015, 01:04:42 am »

No idea, bought 2nd row seats on the secondary market for like $12. Thanks scalpers!

No idea? I think that tells you a lot about how it sold....I could see them passing on DC entirely.. they have done so many times....in the 1990s they always hit DC.. .in the 2000s no longer.... I think they only played 3-4 shows that decade in DC...3 times at the 930 and once at DAR...meanwhile they started playing places like Colorado over and over and over again..

Yada

« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2015, 10:54:54 am »
Dave D may be the hardest working bassist in rock.

I find it interesting he'll be playing the 930 club with JRAD just a few days before the Ween reunion gigs... maybe he won't be playing this run of JRAD shows?

EDIT: Well, there's the answer. That kinda sucks.

"When Boognish calls, you answer. As one could assume, it is quite difficult to wrangle the schedules of the five members of Almost Dead with all of the different projects, bands and family commitments. These freshly announced February dates had been on the books for a while when Dave got the call that WEEN (holy shit!) was possibly getting back together in Colorado. We couldn?t be more excited for Dave and Ween.

Rest assured, Dave?s post will be kept warm in the fully capable hands of Mr Jon Shaw (Shakey Graves, Cass McCombs). Jon is an incredible musician and much like our dear Dave, one hell of a human being. We are super excited for Dave. We?re super excited for our Feb shows! We?re just plain excited all around. Thanks all, for the incredible support!"
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:57:52 am by Yada »

« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2016, 09:12:29 am »
When Boognish calls, you answer
no truer words have been said.
slack

« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2016, 09:16:37 am »
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ongjs
had to endure a 30 second ad to see a 45 sec clip of with about 10 seconds of TransD M
but...HutchTV...is this a thing now?
slack

hutch

« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2016, 10:24:28 am »
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ongjs
had to endure a 30 second ad to see a 45 sec clip of with about 10 seconds of TransD M
but...HutchTV...is this a thing now?

tough crowd of ONE.

I though the build up was awesome..it was those seconds where the electricity in the room is so huge before the band starts and then you're winning.. winning so much....It made me want to see Ween all over again... also I love the fat deGENERate
(I did not realize they made people watch ads..I guess them's the breaks)

Yada

« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2016, 11:13:23 am »
hutch, is that the 04' or 05' Ween show?

Have any more footage?