Author Topic: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.  (Read 286474 times)

Re: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2016, 11:50:37 am »
so to be clear...no DC area dates yet?
with the poor showings to the gean and dean flops...hope they don't let that influence them
as they sold out the club many times
slack

Yada

« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2016, 11:57:07 am »
so to be clear...no DC area dates yet?
with the poor showings to the gean and dean flops...hope they don't let that influence them
as they sold out the club many times

Many = twice, and that was over a decade ago, however, I think they would sell it out in a heart beat depending on how extensive a tour is, if they have one.

At this point, they're playing all hamband festivals and Denver/NYC. If nothing is announced closer to DC by the time the NYC shows take place, imma gonna go up there for a show or two*.

*assuming Gener/Deaner are both still alive by then and the previous shows aren't a joke.

hutch

« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2016, 12:07:19 pm »
yada that footage  is from the 2007 dar show...

there is some more but not that much...

hutch

« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2016, 12:15:51 pm »

1998 Mollusk Tour show at the 930

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3oso3s

hutch

« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2016, 12:22:32 pm »
I love 90s ween.. we were so young back then.. now we are old broken down fat alcoholics with heroin addictions...where did it all go? up our noses looks like..

Yada

« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2016, 12:25:32 pm »
I love 90s ween.. we were so young back then.. now we are old broken down fat alcoholics with heroin addictions...where did it all go? up our noses looks like..

Have you seen Deaner's new low? Collecting paypal payments to play songs on Ustream and then bouncing his bank account due to too high of charges from Ustream for streaming for too long!! Poor guy.

hutch

« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2016, 12:55:10 pm »

Have you seen Deaner's new low? Collecting paypal payments to play songs on Ustream and then bouncing his bank account due to too high of charges from Ustream for streaming for too long!! Poor guy.

I just can't believe the guy.. they were making big bucks for so many years... what did he do with the money?? In Gener's case I get it.. he was a huge heroin addict... ok... but Deaner? He even had that boating operation going for a while...

walk,on,by

« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2016, 01:13:11 pm »
but hey, at least they can still say wsp sucks. 

Yada

« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2016, 02:11:03 pm »
but hey, at least they can still say wsp sucks. 

absolutely.

hutch

« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2016, 01:58:11 am »
must resist WSP bait (they really are an abomination)....here's some fun though! I love the way the crowd gets into it!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3p4tk0

Yada

« Reply #221 on: February 03, 2016, 01:00:46 pm »
Ween added to Austin Pscyh Fest... ah, yeah breah.

« Reply #223 on: February 04, 2016, 09:47:37 am »
http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/02/ween-promise-94-song-set-with-no-repeats-for-upcoming-reunion-concerts/

Ween shits on your 75 minute sets.
but are we going to get a F'n dc date....I'm not paying $150 to go to some shitty festival
slack

hutch

« Reply #224 on: February 04, 2016, 09:56:06 am »
i hate to be a bum ride but I don't think we are going to get a DC show....the new normal for reunions seems to be:

festival festival festival.as many as you can get..
multi night residency where more of core base is located.. in ween's case seems to be colorado and nyc... the west coast people travel to colorado the east coast people are to travel to nyc

and if you're lucky a few smaller scale shows.... later on after there is no more festival money left to take..

exactly what the Replacements did except they welched out on the last show or two of the smaller dates.. those are for the fans..the real money is in the festivals and the multi night stands

now if ween decides they like playing together and mickey and aaron (and aaron's wife) are all on good terms and aaron is not turning into a junkie again then maybe they will decide to play more shows and do a DC show but otherwise i don't think so....  even if they remain on good terms and want to keep playing nothing prevents them from not doing DC and other shows and just wait to be offered to be on festivals again next year..

moreover, given their history with the DC market...how many shows has ween actually played in the DC area (not counting baltimore)  since 2001 at the 930??? I am thinking THREE.. two at the 930 and one at DAR...for some reason at some point DC no longer became an area they played regularly.. I'm not sure why.... so I dont' think DC is a major market for them....add in the fact 10 people showed up for Dean Ween band, Gener did not sell out RNR Hotel etc...