Author Topic: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.  (Read 286589 times)

Yada

I think everyone is free to do what they want.. I just think that once you have smoked and drank and drugged for a long time .. and done them together.. they become linked.... so I feel like if you're giving up alcohol and drugs- and its been a serious problem for you- you really would be well advised to give up smoking too....

but then sometimes I think everyone needs something to hang on to...

You serious, Clark? Let the guy have some smokes!

There was no drinking on stage by any of the members for the past six shows, which says at least a little bit about trying to keep the Gener sober.

Deaner looked like he ran a marathon he was so hosed down in sweat, yet was just sucking away at cigs all night.

hutch

serious as a heart attack?

hutch

I'm sure everyone knows but Ween Penn is now on sale...

walk,on,by

It will be interesting to see if ween can complete a tour, but I don't think only playing festivals or multi-day shows back to back, is a smart move for them in their Elder years.

Yada

It will be interesting to see if ween can complete a tour, but I don't think only playing festivals or multi-day shows back to back, is a smart move for them in their Elder years.

seems easier than multi city tours over a long period of time.... let's say a few multi night runs a year (cap it at 10) and 10 festival appearances. I think that's a pretty healthy way for a band to live vs. touring non stop, living on the road, the constant temptation of droogz, etc.

You going to Lockn walky?

hutch

it must be so crazy for gener to virtually be on the dole beggin for handouts and now he must be seriously raking it in... no longer will he need to ask for money to fix his lute...

the no alcohol on stage was surely a stipulation of gener's people when they were negotiating....i wonder if gener has one room and the rest of the band has another where they sit around going party hardy..

walk,on,by

Yada, I myself, am approaching the Elder years, so everytime a chance of a festival appears before me I have to think that I am too old for such things, and it is so difficult and with life and work and everything else getting in the way and do I really want to do it and go through all of that hassle and camping multi-day?  I think at this point I would rather just either listen to the show afterwards or if they did a live on demand kind of Television thing. Wow, how sad for me.

hutch

Yada, I myself, am approaching the Elder years, so everytime a chance of a festival appears before me I have to think that I am too old for such things, and it is so difficult and with life and work and everything else getting in the way and do I really want to do it and go through all of that hassle and camping multi-day?  I think at this point I would rather just either listen to the show afterwards or if they did a live on demand kind of Television thing. Wow, how sad for me.

Penn Landing is on a sunday.. i find that show somewhat appealing particularly since i could spend the weekend at my sisters and see my nieces...but i have too much on my plate right now and need an infusion of capital to fund the little that is left of my rockn'roll lifestyle.. how do i afford my rockn'roll lifestyle? i don't.

but maybe if the show does not sell out i will get a ticket.. it has mucho macho appeal to me right now....

Yada

I'm bankin' on the single day tickets for the Friday show when Ween/Phish play back to back... only way I'd even consider it. I retired from camping at festivals many, many, many, moons...ago.

walk,on,by

Inter,esting.

so that was the presale right...it says sold out
slack

killsaly

I'm bankin' on the single day tickets for the Friday show when Ween/Phish play back to back...
I would definitely do that if it becomes an option.

FYI..presale was gone pretty quick for the philly show

The public on sale starts Friday, April 22 at Noon ET
slack

Yada

I'm bankin' on the single day tickets for the Friday show when Ween/Phish play back to back...
I would definitely do that if it becomes an option.

They've done that for all of their other festivals in the past, however, I could see ticket sales for this one being a bit higher than past, so who knows. Typically not announced until about a week before hand either.

Yada

Gener's last tweet from two days ago...hmmm...

https://twitter.com/GeneWeen/status/722584174448627712