Author Topic: Your current musical jam?  (Read 3466 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: Your current musical jam?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 04:59:56 pm »
Grindcore. Trip hop.

Pretty much exclusively these days.

bearman🐻

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 05:06:46 pm »
I've listened to the Real Estate album a few times now and having a hard time getting into it... It's not bad... But just kinda boring.

I have to be in the mood for something like Real Estate. It's not going to engage me...it sort of transports me to someplace a little more calm. It disengages me. That's probably what I like about them. It's not music that is going to get me excited about anything...it's almost like music where I don't think to think. Maybe that's why I like them and need music like that from time to time.

Yada

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 05:17:04 pm »
I've listened to the Real Estate album a few times now and having a hard time getting into it... It's not bad... But just kinda boring.

I have to be in the mood for something like Real Estate. It's not going to engage me...it sort of transports me to someplace a little more calm. It disengages me. That's probably what I like about them. It's not music that is going to get me excited about anything...it's almost like music where I don't think to think. Maybe that's why I like them and need music like that from time to time.

I agree... However, there were certain melodies and hooks on the first album (which is a favorite of the 2000s) and the second that you just can't get out of your head. I haven't found that in the last few.

A lot could be because of the Ducktails guy that was me too'd.

bearman🐻

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2020, 05:21:54 pm »

I agree... However, there were certain melodies and hooks on the first album (which is a favorite of the 2000s) and the second that you just can't get out of your head. I haven't found that in the last few.

A lot could be because of the Ducktails guy that was me too'd.

Give the new one another listen again..."Friday", "Gone", and "The Main Thing" definitely are worthy tunes. "Procession" is great too. Whereas "In Mind" was bloated and totally hollow, "The Main Thing" grows on repeated listens.

Hutch

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2024, 02:06:53 pm »
Swedish rock…

Soundtrack of our lives right now….

I wish I had actually gone to see these bands back in the day…

Side question: did a lot of Swedes attend these shows?

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2024, 02:41:17 pm »
Side question: did a lot of Swedes attend these shows?
there just aren't that many Swedes here and their rarely wear their flag to identify them in a crowd

but you should check out the netflix show This Is Pop and the Stockholm Syndrome episode

it's kind of nuts how important the Swedes are in popular music since the 70s

I am always amazed when a small country can have such a big influence on music (like Jamacia)
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2024, 09:02:21 am »
Britti - Hello, I'm Britti

Much like with Yola, I've become smitten with Britti's voice.  Her influences run from Sade, Diana Ross and Dolly Parton among others.  Since it's a Dan Auerbach/Easy Eye Sound album, the musicianship, production, arrangements are all fantastic.  The sound is just so warm and inviting.  Someone described this is a solid bridge between New Orleans and Nashville.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2024, 10:26:43 am »
Another new musical jam in my life is the new Too Many Zooz album "Retail Therapy", I do enjoy it when the baritone sax is out from growling away

https://toomanyzooz.bandcamp.com/album/retail-therapy
T.Rex