Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 273575 times)

Yada

Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2016, 05:21:36 pm »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2016, 05:28:29 pm »
LVMH

« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2016, 05:39:11 pm »
I really wish Shorts would sell their beer in VA.

I didn't think you liked beer?
I drink beer from Michigan.
odd criteria

do you drink this...

oddly enough a brewery I have toured (25 years ago)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:41:24 pm by Sidehatch 🍺 |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| 🍺 »
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
LVMH

« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2016, 04:20:53 pm »
classy move by the ottobar to still sell tickets.. .
and people buying them won't even get their processing fees back..
Good news...full refund including processing fees!
slack

hutch

« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2016, 06:13:32 pm »
good good

« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2016, 12:29:57 pm »
#‎GPotter930‬ Updates:

Tonight's show (1/22) will begin a few hours earlier, with doors at 5pm. There will be no opening act, and the show will start promptly at 6pm. This will give all attendees ample time to get home before the Metro system shuts down at 11pm. We encourage everyone to put safety first, and if you don?t feel comfortable venturing out in the weather, refunds will be available at place of purchase until 2/8/16.
 Tomorrow night's show (1/23) is postponed. A new date will be announced shortly and all original tickets will be honored. Refunds available at place of purchase until 2/8/16.
slack

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2016, 01:15:06 pm »
#‎GPotter930‬ Updates:

Tonight's show (1/22) will begin a few hours earlier, with doors at 5pm. There will be no opening act, and the show will start promptly at 6pm. This will give all attendees ample time to get home before the Metro system shuts down at 11pm. We encourage everyone to put safety first, and if you don?t feel comfortable venturing out in the weather, refunds will be available at place of purchase until 2/8/16.
 Tomorrow night's show (1/23) is postponed. A new date will be announced shortly and all original tickets will be honored. Refunds available at place of purchase until 2/8/16.

Interesting, because Grace Potter's Facebook page says here that tonight's show has also been postponed:
Due to the severe weather impacting the east coast this weekend, we are postponing both of Grace?s remaining 9:30 Club shows in Washington DC. The Friday Jan. 22nd and the Saturday Jan. 23rd shows will be postponed until a future date that will be announced shortly. Tickets for these two shows will be honored at those new dates, or refunds will be available at place of purchase by 2/8/16. We tried to make the best of the situation by moving the Friday show earlier in the evening, but with the storm now predicted to arrive hours before originally thought, we felt that in the interest of safety of the band, crew, 9:30 Club staff, and, most importantly, the fans, that we not attempt to put on the shows under these circumstances. We encourage everyone to be safe during the storm, and look forward to the opportunity to come back again to DC and the 9:30 Club. - GP HQ

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2016, 01:48:43 pm »
GP tonight officially postponed according to 9:30's twitter.

analogfossa

« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2016, 03:31:47 pm »
Editors have cancelled.

evilizac

« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2016, 07:52:57 pm »
What happened to Natalia LaFourcade at the Lincoln? Postponed and then cancelled. . . I thought she was getting a lot of NPR buzz.
WHAT?

« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2016, 12:03:23 am »
The Final Black Sabbath tour...

POSTPONED SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT

BLACK SABBATH:
 THE END
 THE FINAL TOUR BY THE GREATEST METAL BAND OF ALL TIME

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2016
 ROGERS ARENA ? VANCOUVER, BC
 Due to continued severe sinusitis, Ozzy Osbourne will be unable to perform with Black Sabbath as scheduled. The Vancouver performance has been postponed. Details regarding the rescheduled date will be announced as soon as it is available. Please hold on to your tickets until further details are available
slack

« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2016, 04:25:20 pm »
Landmark Music Fest
 Initially Landmark?s organizer and beneficiary, non-profit Trust for the National Mall, had registered for a permit to hold the festival at West Potomac Park on September 24 and September 25. Shortly after, they found out some news: the big grand opening of the National Museum of African American History and Culture is also happening that weekend.

?We felt that it wouldn?t have been appropriate to hold the festival during the same time as this historic opening,? said Trust for the National Mall?s director of communications MacKenzie Babb.

Landmark is now slated to return in 2017

this sentence sounds good until you finish it
Trust for the National Mall claimed to have raised nearly $600,000 from Landmark, with the money going towards the estimated $750 million-worth of improvements needed for The National Mall

so not quite 1% of what they needed
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 04:27:29 pm by Sidehatch ★ |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ❄️ »
slack

hutch

« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2016, 04:39:28 pm »
they should never have the festival on the mall again... the mall is not some for rent place for private events!.. it belongs to everyone.. even those that dont' want to pay to go to a music festival... unless the festival is open to the public the mall is the wrong place.. what's next? Hey, rent out the French Impressionism exhibit at the National Art Gallery to host your office Christmas Party!!!

a very bad precedent...

« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2016, 04:45:18 pm »
well first off...it was in Potomac park
and was billed as a fundraiser for the park...$600k isn't chump change

I agree if it was on the mall...that's different

But I totally disagree, I think Seth should put on a fest there
I thought it was well run and I could bike to it
you could enter and leave like 4 times and kids were free

slack