Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 285711 times)

hutch

Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2016, 07:55:21 pm »
Potomac Park is a part of the National Mall..

I'm surprised a self-professed progressive such as yourself doesn't see the problems with renting out National Mall spaces for private uses... but I guess if you could bike to it then its ok!

;D

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/music/2015/12/04/c3-presents-hires-firm-to-lobby-for-national-mall-concerts/

« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2016, 10:27:37 am »
While Potomac Park is in fact a part of the National Mall...I'm sure you had to look that up
As no one really considers that barren strip of land 'The Mall'
Yes the FDR & MLK memorials as well as the cherry Trees are on the sides of it....but all were accessible

That field that is rarely used by any tourists is typically rented out to sports leagues and major sporting events (polo, The Nation's Triathlon, softball and many other things)

I don't think the tax payers should fund free festivals...that my friend is just stupid
In fact by far the most idiotic thing I have ever hear a human utter
I think someone who says things of that sort should be tarred and feathered
(taking a page from your hyperbole book)

but if it raises $600k for the park it is using (as well as paying to rent it )
I don't think it's a bad thing

yes being accessible was great
Didn't have to spend money on parking or dealing with tons of traffic

they had local vendors serving good food (not some lame SYSCO crap)
and unlike any fest I've every been to, you could enter and exit multiple times
and bring your kids for free
Got to imagine that the local economy  benifited via restaurant/hotel as well as all the staff that got paid to work the event (although they did recruit a lot of volunteers)

Not sure why this has to come as a progressive argument
100 out of 100 times would I vote to NOT have the tax payers fund something like that

slack

Relaxer

« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2016, 10:37:52 am »
Looks like Grimes rescheduled.

Grimes (NEW DATE)
FRI 5/13/16
oword

« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2016, 10:47:24 am »
In my haste for vitrol on Hutch I didn't read the whole article and found this little gem at the bottom

C3 Presents' lobbying efforts could ultimately benefit other companies. I.M.P. chairman and 9:30 Club co-owner Seth Hurwitz previously tried to organize a similarly styled music festival on National Mall grounds, but his permits were turned down because he was told that they couldn't hold a ticketed event on that land. But with a lobbying firm taking up the cause, portions of the National Mall could see more ticketed events in the future.

HEY SETH...I'd love it you put on event there...screw hutch and his (get)high horse
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2016, 11:01:08 am »
HEY SETH...I'd love it you put on event there...screw hutch and his (get)high horse

You do understand the second it was Seth putting on the event, Hutch's entire viewpoint would change 180 degrees, right? His inner-suck up far outpaces any beliefs he has.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2016, 12:44:34 pm »
Nobody has spoken truth to power on this site more than I have...the record is public!

« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2016, 01:26:15 pm »
Nobody has spoken truth to power on this site more than I have...the record is public!

I'm soo impressed
are you using the metric system to measure your 'truth to power' penis?

queue yada posting a gif of toddlers fighting
slack

« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2016, 11:48:15 am »
The Shindig Festival
Hey Guys. After heavy consideration, we've decided to take a break this year. We're sorry, but the lack of quality, available headliners contributed to this difficult decision. If we're not truly excited about the lineup, it's simply not worth doing. THANK YOU to everyone who supported the festival the last three years and hope to see you again next year!
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2016, 11:48:47 am »
Have we reached peak festival?

Yada

« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2016, 02:00:33 pm »
The Shindig Festival
Hey Guys. After heavy consideration, we've decided to take a break this year. We're sorry, but the lack of quality, available headliners contributed to this difficult decision. If we're not truly excited about the lineup, it's simply not worth doing. THANK YOU to everyone who supported the festival the last three years and hope to see you again next year!

Never heard of it.

Space Freely

« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2016, 08:56:23 am »
No Sinatra show at Wolftrap this summer. Perfect timing, as tickets would have gone on sale tomorrow.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2016, 09:15:35 am »
Whew, dodged that bullet.  This might be just enough to make me grateful again!

blipvurt

« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2016, 01:06:53 am »

That sucks. I went the last two years and really enjoyed it. Low-key fest with at least 3 or 4 good acts each year.

The Shindig Festival

Got Haggis?

« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2016, 02:52:51 pm »
We are saddened to report that due to unforeseen circumstances, the Bedroom Community Whale Watching Tour scheduled at GW Lisner Auditorium on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 has been postponed.  We will be announcing rescheduled dates shortly. Unfortunately, the situation was beyond our control. 

:( that sucks....this is the thing ben frost was part of

blipvurt

« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2016, 08:57:39 pm »
We are saddened to report that due to unforeseen circumstances, the Bedroom Community Whale Watching Tour scheduled at GW Lisner Auditorium on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 has been postponed.  We will be announcing rescheduled dates shortly. Unfortunately, the situation was beyond our control. 

:( that sucks....this is the thing ben frost was part of

Noooooo!