Author Topic: Grateful job for a Deadhead  (Read 4029 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Grateful job for a Deadhead
« on: November 09, 2009, 07:24:55 pm »
This is real. It was chain-forwarded to me through several library colleagues.

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SANTA CRUZ

Grateful Dead Archivist

The University Library of the University of California, Santa Cruz, seeks an enterprising, creative, and service-oriented archivist to join the staff of Special Collections & Archives (SC&A) as Archivist for the Grateful Dead Archive. This is a potential career status position. The Archivist will be part of a dynamic, collegial, and highly motivated department dedicated to building, preserving, promoting, and providing maximum access both physically and virtually to one of the Library's most exciting and unique collections, The Grateful Dead Archive (GDA). The UCSC University Library utilizes innovative approaches to allow the discovery, use, management, and sharing of information in support of research, teaching, and learning.

Under the general direction of the Head of Special Collections and Archives, the GDA Archivist will provide managerial and curatorial oversight of the Grateful Dead Archive, plan for and oversee the physical and digital processing of Archives related material, and promote the GDA to the public and facilitate its use by scholars, fans, and students.

Full listing here (pdf).
😐 🎶

walkonby

Re: Grateful job for a Deadhead
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 02:25:39 pm »
thank you for this . . . i know someone who would love this!!!

heather

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 02:36:54 pm »
not a deadhead, but that'd be an awesome job!

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 03:33:56 pm »
*drool*

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 03:52:21 pm »
lemme get this straight: you'll be paid to live in santa cruz and have to listen to the dead all day, while ostensibly organizing their massive collection and sharing it with deadheads?

i'm only so-so on the dead, but this offer would be enough to make me a fan.
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 04:22:15 pm »
Or, it could drive one crazy! But, yes, it does seem like the ultimate dream job for many.

This will be the official recognition of the one who is selected of being 'the ultimate Deadhead'! (Assuming the politics of the well connected don't get in the way as with so many other jobs.)

I know a woman in Manchester (UK) who has a job like that which involves the music of Manchester. The way she talks, it just sounds like another pain in the ass job. Still, it's got to beat most of the other crap out there!

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 04:23:00 pm »
lemme get this straight: you'll be paid to live in santa cruz and have to listen to the dead all day, while ostensibly organizing their massive collection and sharing it with deadheads?

And your starting salary would be somewhere between 52 and 69K.

The library's admin office is on High Street. I'm not making that up.
😐 🎶

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 04:26:00 pm »
The library's admin office is on High Street. I'm not making that up.

:o ;D

But.... is there a 'dispensary'?

edbert

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 04:43:52 pm »
Well the ultimate Satchmohead scored a similar job as professional Louis Armstrong archivist; just noticed his blog recently  http://dippermouth.blogspot.com/

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 09:15:04 pm »
Kosmette once saw a job listing that tops this one....  It was for a collections manager at Skywalker Ranch
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 11:06:58 pm »
If that work uniform is anything other than stormtropper armor, Skywalker Ranch's HR department is doing themselves a serious disservice. 

Kosmette once saw a job listing that tops this one....  It was for a collections manager at Skywalker Ranch

Relaxer

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 10:44:28 am »

its a great job except that once a week you have to get a mop and clean out jabba the hut's hut
oword

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2023, 07:40:00 pm »
Update: David Lemieux was selected. He's been doing a stellar job.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2023, 07:49:59 pm »
Lemieux? The hoser thread is over there.
LVMH