Author Topic: Random thoughts for the Modern Era!  (Read 15007 times)

hutch

Re: Random thoughts for the Modern Era!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 02:30:42 pm »
 ;D

wow looky at sidehatch.. he doggone all grown up on us now..how time flies...I remember whe he was a wee beet lad of 38 posts..

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 02:38:17 pm »
Getting banned from this forum puts one in an very "elite" group, just ask Julian...
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 04:43:27 pm »
Guy Fieri, before.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2014, 05:18:23 pm »
Getting banned from this forum puts one in an very "elite" group, just ask Julian...
Who even considers me a prior "banned" member? A moderator having a personal beef with someone is not the same as what Rhett or Atomic did. That's like identifying Nelson Mandela as a felon. Ok, technically...
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 11:33:07 am »
power move by America's first hispanic president last night!

ggw

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 11:51:59 am »
power move by America's first hispanic president last night!

Really?  I don't want to turn this into a political discussion thread, but "power" is the last word I would use to describe the move.  I mean, he wussed out on immigration reform in September because he thought it would hurt Dems in the mid-terms.  Then the Dems got crushed anyway and now he's scrambling to cover his ass.  More of a "desperate" move than one of power.

All that being said, I think the ideas being floated on immigration are fine.  So do many Republicans, but they can't admit it because everyone's got to hew the party line and oppose whatever the other party advocates.  Politics -- Yay!!! 

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 12:02:26 pm »

All that being said, I think the ideas being floated on immigration are fine.  So do many Republicans, but they can't admit it because everyone's got to hew the party line and oppose whatever the other party advocates.  Politics -- Yay!!! 
This really dives me crazy too
Come up with an idea that is a compromise to what you really wanted to do, so the other party can get behind it.
But it doesn't matter, they are against anything you say... even if they agree

If Obama said "the snow is white" I'm certain there would be at least 20 republicans calling him a reverse racist and that this is just what Hitler did before exterminating the jews
slack

ggw

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 12:06:53 pm »
It cuts both ways.  Neither party will admit the other party has a good idea because that may strengthen the other party and, at the end of the day, the party system is simply all about maintaining and expanding your own party's power.  Should any actions actually be beneficial to the masses, well that's just a coincidental bonus.

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 12:12:07 pm »
I agree it does cut both ways...but just seems like the party of the Elephant really has a hard time with any sort of compromise on anything.  They seem to view it as a sign of weakness, god forbid you do what the founding fathers explicitly stressed we should do
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 12:33:49 pm »
http://dc.suntimes.com/dc-entertainment/7/82/30202/best-djs-washington-dc/

our very own dfa

con,grats!
Thanks! There was a LOT of negative feedback on this. It was cool. My Soundcloud got hundreds of hits because of it so whatever lol.
‼‼?‼‼

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 02:39:36 pm »
I don't think it is fine to reward anyone who, by their very first act of entering the country, broke the law.  If someone does not have enough respect for the laws of the country they are entering to do so legally, they ought to be made to leave and re-enter legally.  What Bammy is doing basically is saying 'well since you got away with being a criminal for so long we will let you get away with it'.  I'm all for anyone entering the USA as long as they do so by the rules that the law of the land has set. 
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 02:40:03 pm »
I agree it does cut both ways...but just seems like the party of the Elephant really has a hard time with any sort of compromise on anything.  They seem to view it as a sign of weakness, god forbid you do what the founding fathers explicitly stressed we should do

You mean like follow the constitution?
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 02:41:34 pm »

This really dives me crazy too
Come up with an idea that is a compromise to what you really wanted to do, so the other party can get behind it.
But it doesn't matter, they are against anything you say... even if they agree

If Obama said "the snow is white" I'm certain there would be at least 20 republicans calling him a reverse racist and that this is just what Hitler did before exterminating the jews

#1 There is no such thing as REVERSE racism.  Racism is racism no matter who is being the racist.

#2 I know you are not silly enough to think that any one party has a monopoly of holding to their values and wanting more give form the other side.
FUKIT

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 02:55:54 pm »
Yawn.  You should not make a thread with an exclamation point in the title, and then allow this boring drivel.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 03:58:50 pm »
Yawn.  You should not make a thread with an exclamation point in the title, and then allow this boring drivel.

I didn't think any of the drivel was boring.  Amusing maybe, but not boring!
FUKIT