Author Topic: How is there not a Serial thread yet?  (Read 43724 times)

miss pretentious

• ohai.
How is there not a Serial thread yet?
« on: November 25, 2014, 12:40:47 am »
I'm disappointed in all of you....

...but still want to chat about it.
nothx

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: How is there not a Serial thread yet?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 06:55:51 am »
At the urging of Kosmette so she has someone to talk about it with, I've listened up to episode five as of yesterday.

the background on Mr. S was hilarious and I know that the bit about the anonymous tip will bug me, still catching up though
T.Rex

brennser

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:25:04 am »
just started - LOVE it and it has the added bonus of most of the action happening right where I work on Security boulevard

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 09:58:59 am »
Listening to episode 9 RIGHT NOW!!!  WTF phone booth?!?

K8teebug

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 01:29:30 pm »
I used to work right near there.

Loving the podcast, but I still haven't made up my mind over whether Adnan is really guilty. One week I think "no" and the next "yes".

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 02:11:38 pm »
The first thing Kosmette asked was did I think we was guilty or not and I'm not sure...  And one truly needs to listen to without distraction because there are so many details.  I find myself rewinding all the time.
T.Rex

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 03:40:28 pm »
The first thing Kosmette asked was did I think we was guilty or not and I'm not sure...  And one truly needs to listen to without distraction because there are so many details.  I find myself rewinding all the time.

Agreed! I like to listen in the car when I'm driving a while. But I tried to listen just around my room and was like UGH NO. REWIND. I need pretty much zero distractions.
nothx

K8teebug

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 04:49:04 pm »
You do really need zero distractions! I have listened to each episode twice. So, what is everyone's opinion?

The thing I keep coming back to is...Why was Jay cleaning the tools and throwing them in the dumpster? How did he get the tools?

That just doesn't make any sense to me.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 08:16:56 pm »
Clearly I need to re-listen to episode three again about the Inconsistencies

and for those of you wondering what we are talking about here is the link, it's apparently the number one podcast right now.

http://serialpodcast.org/
T.Rex

radley17

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 12:20:57 am »
If you are into Serial there is a ton of stuff on Reddit about the story(maps,timelines,cell tower analysis) and I believe there are a couple of podcasts that have sprung up discussing each weeks episode(one is on Slate).
I have pretty much made up my mind on Adnan's guilt/innocence but I do think there are many strange unanswered questions and one can't help think that a more robust defense would have gotten him off regardless of whether he did it or not.

wml7

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 07:48:19 am »
Can't say I've ever listened to any podcasts but I do stream talk shows and what not while driving.  So, this is worth listening?
 ;D

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 09:17:00 am »
It's been compared to the Wire, but based on a real case.  I'm betting most people are hooked during the third episode. 
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 09:37:00 am »
I have a 7+ hour drive today and another on Sunday and I'm using the opportunity to jump into this and see how it goes. Very timely suggestion, folks!
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 09:59:50 am »
I have a 7+ hour drive today and another on Sunday and I'm using the opportunity to jump into this and see how it goes. Very timely suggestion, folks!

heh... I listened to the first five episodes last night thanks to this thread. I'm afraid to read through the thread though, any spoilers??

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 10:03:25 am »

heh... I listened to the first five episodes last night thanks to this thread. I'm afraid to read through the thread though, any spoilers??
I also have not read the thread extensively. Kosmo + Miss P overlapping on a pop culture item was a pretty good indicator to me I was out of the loop on something I'd enjoy.
LVMH