Author Topic: How is there not a Serial thread yet?  (Read 43702 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: How is there not a Serial thread yet?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 10:27:22 am »
I don't see any particular spoilers here, just discussion of items that have come out that puzzle us.

I went down the podcast about podcast rabbit hole with the Slate one, which is also well done.  Kosmette has heard the a/v club and said it's not very good.  She has also gotten into the Reddit discussion, not sure I'm ready to deal with those loons
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 10:34:47 am »
She has also gotten into the Reddit discussion, not sure I'm ready to deal with those loons
Loons? They pretty much solved the Boston Marathon bombing...
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 10:55:28 am »
When do you all find time to listen to podcasts?

Had I not had a five hour drive last night, I have no clue when I would get to listen to these.

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 11:47:51 am »
When do you all find time to listen to podcasts?

Had I not had a five hour drive last night, I have no clue when I would get to listen to these.
I listen to them on my drive to work. Smackie's recent pointing out of The Economist in podcast form has, as he predicted, changed my life.
LVMH

Got Haggis?

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 01:46:42 pm »
i definitely think he's guilty.  jay probably should have been charged as well tho

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 03:09:20 pm »
Jay is def the main issue in this case. I just don't believe any of this "inconsistencies." Even that juror thought Jay went to jail - which jesus christ....

I've listened to most of them twice, each time I realize there is something I'm missing.

Julian - this will be perfect for your drive.

This is the reddit thread my friend had said I should read - but Im not ready for that rabbit hole yet. I think I'm going to wait until the entire season is over. http://www.reddit.com/r/serialpodcast/comments/2n3k65/everyone_seems_to_accept_adnans_foggy_memory_when/
nothx

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 03:13:22 pm »
Another read: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/splitthemoon/2014/10/life-plus-30-murder-lies-the-anatomy-of-a-wrongful-conviction/

It is the blog of Rabia Chaudry, who first brought the case to Sarah Koening
nothx

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 03:21:05 pm »
I'm on the fence,the lack of physical evidence plus the possibility of additional people concern me.  I also think the next episode involving the lawyer will be very interesting...
T.Rex

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 03:26:06 pm »
Are there any photos of Jay anywhere? It is driving me crazy I can't figure out what he looks like.
nothx

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 03:56:32 pm »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 11:40:30 pm »
Are there any photos of Jay anywhere? It is driving me crazy I can't figure out what he looks like.

Warning there are probably spoilers here and it is the daily mail but pictures of some of the parties involved are here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2830737/New-hope-convicted-murderer-brilliant-high-school-girlfriend-case-cult-podcast-hit-Serial.html
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2014, 11:56:27 pm »
Podcast?  No moving pictures with the story equals, yawn. Go back to the stone age, Marconi.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 08:48:57 am »
If there were moving pictures involved people would be crashing cars all over the world
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2014, 06:24:30 pm »
Now I'm getting addicted to Start-up, the guy from This American Life and Planet Money who is striking out with his own company to produce podcasts. It's following his progress to get his company up and running.  It like Serial is very well done..  Of course it will be interesting to see how in the wake of the success of Serial how investors will look at Alex Blumberg's Startup.

http://gimletmedia.com/

T.Rex

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2014, 08:12:17 pm »
This guy is clearly guilty. Jay was clearly an accomplice after-the-fact if not a true co-conspirator.
LVMH