Author Topic: How is there not a Serial thread yet?  (Read 44311 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: How is there not a Serial thread yet?
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2014, 04:51:12 pm »
I think the biggest loose end I'm upset about is we never get any closure on the issue of why that one girl cannot pronounce Chimp correctly.
LVMH

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2014, 05:02:10 pm »
one more thing, regarding the innocence project and DNA testing.....apparently 50% of the tests that are initiated by prisoners come back positive (as in they knew they were guilty but gave it a go anyway). this is just something i read on a forum, no idea where the stat is coming from or of its true.

To bolster your point, does no one even notice Adnan has DNA right in his name. I mean, look: aDNAn. The answer was right there the entire time between the A and the N.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2014, 05:34:45 pm »
I wonder if they'll cover the loose ends from the teaser and first episode, they just posted a couple regarding adnan's Hotmail account and Hae's computer
T.Rex

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2014, 05:40:56 pm »
I wonder if they'll cover the loose ends from the teaser and first episode, they just posted a couple regarding adnan's Hotmail account and Hae's computer

I saw that. I was wondering if we'd get another ep later with the appeal and maybe as a lead in to season 2?
nothx

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2014, 01:56:09 am »
i also don't think that jay shouldn't have avoided jail time.

So you think he should have avoided jail time right?
FUKIT

« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2014, 10:56:28 am »
I think the biggest loose end I'm upset about is we never get any closure on the issue of why that one girl cannot pronounce Chimp correctly.
I cringe every time I hear that?but I'm sure the people in the marketing dept were like "GENIOUS, everyone will hate it so much they will never forget it"

was he guilty beyond a reasonable doubt with the evidence
I have to agree (based on what the podcast reveled) the case was weak and to serve life in prison without conclusive evidence? just sucks.
That Jay knew where the car is makes the whole random serial killer was involved unlikely

Also, why would Adnan lie to protect someone else (as there is a running thread that someone else could be involved)...he is doing life.
It would be different if he was doing 10 years or something

That both Don or Adnan  didn't call her after she is said to be missing?to me is odd
Not one single attempt
Also that Don's mom owns the store that was his alibi?well makes him a little more suspect to me

Don's comment 'when the cops call and say someone is missing?you think hard about that day and the last time you saw that person and what you were doing'  so that Adnan can't remember much seems unlikely

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:58:07 am by Sidehatch »
slack

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2014, 11:37:16 am »
The Innocence Project Tells Serial Fans What Might Happen Next
http://time.com/3639655/serial-innocence-project-deirdre-enright/

If there?s a possibility that Ronald Moore or somebody else did this, then why would Jay say he?d helped Syed dispose of Lee?s body?

I have no idea. But I wonder about whether Jay somehow got involved with people who had some other entire scheme going on and it?s them he?s afraid of. Because even now he appears to be terrified, and Adnan is in jail so how could it be Adnan that he?s afraid of?

In Josh?s account in the last episode there are these people Jay?s worried about while he?s at work. It sounded like what they were trying to suggest is he?s worried about Adnan, but it makes more sense to me that there?s somebody else he?s worried about entirely that?s not Adnan. And he just realizes that [the police are suspicious of] Adnan, and he knows Adnan is this teenager who isn?t going to hurt him.

When Sarah spoke to Jay on the show, one of the comments she reported him saying was, ?Well if it?s not Adnan, who was it?? And I thought, ?Who says that?? It was such a bizarre comment.
nothx

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2014, 11:45:13 am »
There's a huge amount of confirmation bias or "seeing what you want to see" going on there. The Innocense Project would love a highly famous convicted person to be acquitted. What she's proposing is literally more improbable than the prosecution's general narrative by a factor of one hundred. 
LVMH

Rogue Riderhood

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
T.Rex

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2014, 03:39:16 pm »
I was laughing hysterically when her and her producer built a sled and attached a horse to it. "We just couldn't make it happen!"
LVMH

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2014, 11:48:33 pm »
Three cheers for Miss P for starting this thread and introducing some of us latecomers to Serial!!

#Huzzah #FemaleTouch #MailKimp??
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2014, 10:03:48 am »
I went to the Best Buy yesterday. Everyone there was buying burner phones. I kid you not.