Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1603101 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #2925 on: April 19, 2016, 03:20:22 pm »
that pic makes me sad, assuming it's real (those look like ducklings/goslings, not birds that live in trees).  those birds aren't ready to leave the nest, nor should they be attempting their first flight (no feathers).  so they are helpless animals that were either kicked out of their nest, or fell out accidentally.  they won't survive long on their one.

off to go listen to some depressing music.  THANKS A LOT, sideburn...
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #2926 on: April 19, 2016, 03:29:21 pm »
that pic makes me sad, assuming it's real (those look like ducklings/goslings, not birds that live in trees).  those birds aren't ready to leave the nest, nor should they be attempting their first flight (no feathers).  so they are helpless animals that were either kicked out of their nest, or fell out accidentally.  they won't survive long on their one.

Quite the timely post, in the past 20 minutes I executed/buried what looked to be a bird less than a few hours old that some how ended up in my yard. I nearly cried (I'm such a puss in my old age).

Space Freely

« Reply #2927 on: April 19, 2016, 03:36:11 pm »

Quite the timely post, in the past 20 minutes I executed/buried what looked to be a bird less than a few hours old that some how ended up in my yard. I nearly cried (I'm such a puss in my old age).

awww. you'll be ok. Go get yourself some of that chicken you like so much.

« Reply #2928 on: April 19, 2016, 03:42:04 pm »

Ok...I too was like "hmm...those look like ducks coming out of that tree....that is odd" but the looked happy!

but I did a little research and time to put on the happy music

Photos was from this guy
https://www.facebook.com/Aw3some.World/photos/pb.124442111058745.-2207520000.1461094469./574985086004443/?type=3&theater

first comment: Pacific Black Ducks and Mallards in Australia often nest in trees and the babies first flight can be a bit precarious

later comment:  Once saw how they leave their nest in my own garden. They just fall to the ground. Unharmed. Amazing!

slack

Yada

« Reply #2929 on: April 19, 2016, 03:44:03 pm »

I may.

« Reply #2930 on: April 19, 2016, 03:46:40 pm »

I may.
I think you should go with the fertilized duck eggs
slack

« Reply #2931 on: April 19, 2016, 03:47:13 pm »
ok...last pic was a little dark...so here's some happy

although out of frame you can't see the Red Tailed hawk getting ready to swoop down an pick this bugger off
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:51:48 pm by SideBurner |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| 🚀 »
slack

Yada

« Reply #2932 on: April 19, 2016, 03:48:01 pm »

I may.
I think you should go with the fertilized duck eggs

That's basically what the lil' guy/gal looked like, breathing heavy, hairless... no clue how a bird just ends up in the middle of a yard without trees around.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2933 on: April 19, 2016, 04:00:55 pm »
Jeebus I hope all these little babies can figure out what makes good music without their parents to make their choices for them.

« Reply #2934 on: April 19, 2016, 04:54:22 pm »
busey 78
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #2935 on: April 20, 2016, 09:41:20 am »
Do people, who smoke pot everyday and all the time, still get all that excited about today?  Maybe it is just me, but I really hate people that get all excited about today.

Bagley

« Reply #2936 on: April 20, 2016, 10:08:16 am »
Do people, who smoke pot everyday and all the time, still get all that excited about today?  Maybe it is just me, but I really hate people that get all excited about today.

Analogous to St Patty's Day?

Relaxer

« Reply #2937 on: April 20, 2016, 10:35:01 am »

It's more that you notice the date, think "Oh, look at that, huh" and then never think about it again. 
oword

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2938 on: April 20, 2016, 10:50:00 am »

Analogous to St Patty's Day?
Pretty much.
‼‼?‼‼

walk,on,by

« Reply #2939 on: April 20, 2016, 11:10:21 am »
I, again, enjoy the ying yang institutions in our reality, such as to counter balance the juvenile humor and harmless antics of today's date regarding pot . . . with the fact the date is also hitler's birthdate, and columbine.  I wonder, how that happened?