Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1593722 times)

vansmack

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #3600 on: November 04, 2016, 07:17:47 pm »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/cops-overwhelmed-by-excessive-calls-to-walmart-there-are-days-i-run-out-of-handcuffs/ar-AAjRJT0?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

90% of Americans now live within ten miles of a Walmart. Nearly four out of five of them shopped at Walmart last year. That means its customers outnumber the voters in America?s presidential election in 2012 by almost two to one.

I am proud to say I am part of the 10% that does not live within 10 miles of a Walmart.
27>34

walkie,talkie

« Reply #3601 on: November 04, 2016, 08:10:32 pm »
i have not shopped, once in Walmart . . . i am pretty sure, in all of 2016.  and I do, not live within 40 miles of a single one.

ooh, look at me.

hutch

« Reply #3602 on: November 04, 2016, 08:16:12 pm »
apparently there is one about 7 miles from me.. i dont' know where it is though.. might as well be in swaziland

I have tried to shop there and failed cause i couldn't find anything I wanted

walkie,talkie

« Reply #3603 on: November 04, 2016, 08:37:40 pm »
but you are Donald trump . . . do you, even shop?

Yada

« Reply #3604 on: November 05, 2016, 08:04:29 am »
but you are Donald trump . . . do you, even shop?

I guarantee Donald has an amazing collection of pleated pants.

bob72

« Reply #3605 on: November 05, 2016, 07:49:08 pm »
 I bought a gallon of milk today for 64 cents from Walmart. Yes, seriously I did. And no, it wasn't expired. Maybe the cow was mad, but for 64 cents who cares really?

I now live 1.2 miles from WAlmart
PENIS

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3606 on: November 07, 2016, 04:26:19 pm »
A question to the board:

I recently discovered that my credit card's reward program allows you to trade points for concert tickets.  There's a disclaimer that you're "purchasing" tickets with points through a reseller, and are "paying" more points than actual face value.  Most of the listed shows are not sold out, and I could pay actual face value money (plus fees) for actual tickets.  Is it better to trade virtual money for actual tickets that essentially cost me nothing but virtually cost me more than I would or should have to pay, or do I pay actual money (plus fees) and save my virtual points for I have no idea whatever else you can get for points?

Space Freely

« Reply #3607 on: November 07, 2016, 04:36:52 pm »
A question to the board:

I recently discovered that my credit card's reward program allows you to trade points for concert tickets.  There's a disclaimer that you're "purchasing" tickets with points through a reseller, and are "paying" more points than actual face value.  Most of the listed shows are not sold out, and I could pay actual face value money (plus fees) for actual tickets.  Is it better to trade virtual money for actual tickets that essentially cost me nothing but virtually cost me more than I would or should have to pay, or do I pay actual money (plus fees) and save my virtual points for I have no idea whatever else you can get for points?

I don't know the answer to that one. But I do know our family of three is going to Italy next summer with free airfare. And almost all of our airline miles were credit card rewards rather than actual flights. I guess it really depends on the person. For me, I've always done the airline miles route.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3608 on: November 07, 2016, 05:54:16 pm »

vansmack

« Reply #3609 on: November 07, 2016, 06:21:04 pm »
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:27:24 pm by vansmack »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3610 on: November 07, 2016, 07:27:49 pm »
Is it better to trade virtual money for actual tickets that essentially cost me nothing but virtually cost me more than I would or should have to pay, or do I pay actual money (plus fees) and save my virtual points for I have no idea whatever else you can get for points?

Only if your miles are about to expire, otherwise best to get the most dollar value out of them.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3611 on: November 08, 2016, 12:44:32 pm »

"Personality matters more than looks. . . that said, how much money do you make and do you fit my list of required physical characteristics?"
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #3612 on: November 08, 2016, 03:14:24 pm »

"Personality matters more than looks. . . that said, how much money do you make and do you fit my list of required physical characteristics?"
"Also, don't even try blacks or chinamen."
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3613 on: November 08, 2016, 03:19:40 pm »

"Also, don't even try blacks or chinamen."
Right, it's almost as though she does not like the physical appearance of certain people!
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #3614 on: November 08, 2016, 03:25:49 pm »
A question to the board:

Assuming you can use the points for something else, this seems like a no brainer.