Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1593879 times)

walkie,talkie

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #3930 on: February 10, 2017, 12:46:46 pm »
I was not fully aware of the rampant overdose problem that is going on in the states of west Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania.  In the last six months or so, in the upper Shenandoah Valley, mainly Winchester, all of a sudden there were all these overdose reports on various facebook fire and rescue related pages.  People were using #enoughisenough. 

Evidentially, in Ohio, there is a morgue back up problem due to all the deaths . . . and I heard one podcast entertainer compare it to the crack epidemic of the 80s, but not heavily talked about because it is coming from such rural locations.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3932 on: February 10, 2017, 03:47:19 pm »
Let me tell you this is a big big problem!!! If they don't get their act together I'm telling you we are going to be sending the feds in like we did in Chicago where we eliminated all murder!!

ggw

« Reply #3933 on: February 10, 2017, 04:16:11 pm »
Most of the fentanyl comes from Mexico.  That's why you need to build that wall.

Yada

« Reply #3934 on: February 10, 2017, 04:30:42 pm »
I was not fully aware of the rampant overdose problem that is going on in the states of west Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania.  In the last six months or so, in the upper Shenandoah Valley, mainly Winchester, all of a sudden there were all these overdose reports on various facebook fire and rescue related pages.  People were using #enoughisenough. 

Evidentially, in Ohio, there is a morgue back up problem due to all the deaths . . . and I heard one podcast entertainer compare it to the crack epidemic of the 80s, but not heavily talked about because it is coming from such rural locations.

and it ain't just in the sticks old sport... a friend of nearly 20 years, worked at one of the largest law firms in the world just passed in mid January of H addiction. It's got the grips on everyone!

Space Freely

« Reply #3935 on: February 10, 2017, 04:33:46 pm »

and it ain't just in the sticks old sport... a friend of nearly 20 years, worked at one of the largest law firms in the world just passed in mid January of H addiction. It's got the grips on everyone!

Why would they call something that starts with an f, h?

Yada

« Reply #3936 on: February 10, 2017, 04:36:21 pm »

Your bad joke is failing miserably.

Space Freely

« Reply #3937 on: February 10, 2017, 04:47:16 pm »

Your bad joke is failing miserably.

Not sure what you mean. I thought the topic was something called "fentanyl" and then you called it "H addiction". I'm not sure why you would refer to something called fentanyl with an "H". What was my joke?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3938 on: February 10, 2017, 04:52:25 pm »
Not sure what you mean. I thought the topic was something called "fentanyl" and then you called it "H addiction". I'm not sure why you would refer to something called fentanyl with an "H". What was my joke?

I think only you read this thread as being only about fentanyl.  Go back and read it again, starting with walkie.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3939 on: February 10, 2017, 06:20:15 pm »

fentanyl and heroin are both highly addictive opioids.  some of what is sold as heroin is in fact cut fentanyl.  nowadays where you have one, you almost always have the other.
<sig>

ggw

« Reply #3940 on: February 11, 2017, 05:46:23 pm »

walkie,talkie

« Reply #3941 on: February 11, 2017, 08:12:19 pm »
Cash me ousside . . . How boh dah.

ggw

« Reply #3942 on: February 13, 2017, 11:31:21 am »

Say what you will about what led up to this, this is an fantastic photograph.

World Press Announces Photo of the Year

walkie,talkie

« Reply #3943 on: February 13, 2017, 12:11:32 pm »
it really is.  so much to take in, and so much raw emotion to process as you find the small things, interesting, such as the glasses off to the far wall, the angles of so many things, the three photos in the background and I wonder what their meaning is, the two ties, the bottom of the dead guy's shoe, how the shooter looks as if the kid from the wonder years became a special agent in twin peaks, and perhaps religious symbolism.

ggw

« Reply #3944 on: February 13, 2017, 01:32:51 pm »
it really is.  so much to take in, and so much raw emotion to process as you find the small things, interesting, such as the glasses off to the far wall, the angles of so many things, the three photos in the background and I wonder what their meaning is, the two ties, the bottom of the dead guy's shoe, how the shooter looks as if the kid from the wonder years became a special agent in twin peaks, and perhaps religious symbolism.

Not to mention the overt Saturday Night Fever symbolism.