Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602864 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2014, 04:57:14 pm »
I have no idea in hell who these women are but I bet you that if we saw them without there 3 hour, multi-thousand dollar, air brushed make up jobs that none of us would recognize them.  Not saying they are ugly by any means, but I really don't find that all that attractive.  I prefer someone who is comfortable enough with who they are that they do not need to paint on a fake persona every day.
Just making sure I understand you correctly: you "have no idea in hell who" Taylor Swift -- the highest selling musical act in the country by a wide-margin -- is? You find this person unidentifiable in photos?

BTW which one is Swift?
FUKIT

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2014, 05:08:24 pm »
Nope sorry but I am not into pop crap that is so over polished and tweaked with protools that if we ever had to listen to the 'performer' actually sing our ears would probably bleed from the terrible sound.  Let alone that all they do is sing other peoples songs.  Just not into it at all.
I didn't ask if you liked Taylor Swift's music or were into it. I find it borderline unbelievable that you presumably have a TV and occasionally go shopping and am completely unaware of one of the biggest celebrities in America. It's like not knowing who Barack Obama is or what football is.

BTW which one is Swift?
Let's see: you've already been "informed" Taylor Swift is a pop singer. One person is holding a microphone and singing in the photos, and the other is in lingerie. Which do you think is Taylor Swift, if you had to guess?
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2014, 05:33:16 pm »
I like what Taylor Swift does.

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2014, 05:38:58 pm »
Nope sorry but I am not into pop crap that is so over polished and tweaked with protools that if we ever had to listen to the 'performer' actually sing our ears would probably bleed from the terrible sound.  Let alone that all they do is sing other peoples songs.  Just not into it at all.
You would be surprised, you might like her. 

And she writes her own songs.

hutch

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2014, 05:40:36 pm »

She's the most important country musician of the past decade.

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2014, 05:48:08 pm »
With every album, her list of "co-writers" increases exponentially, to be fair.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2014, 06:39:00 pm »

Ah that one, what she does (while being passed off as country) has nothing at all to do with country music.  She is not alone in this realm though.  99% of what is being marketed and sold as these days county is nothing more than glammed up pop coated with a very thin coat of pseudo country (a la FGL, et al).
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2014, 06:42:05 pm »

Ah that one, what she does (while being passed off as country) has nothing at all to do with country music.  She is not alone in this realm though.  99% of what is being marketed and sold as these days county is nothing more than glammed up pop coated with a very thin coat of pseudo country (a la FGL, et al).

hey I thought my post was pretty good sarcasm coming off of my brilliant Ace Frehley riposte..

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2014, 07:19:46 pm »

hey I thought my post was pretty good sarcasm coming off of my brilliant Ace Frehley riposte..

Do you not recall that Dr Cooper does not easily recognize sarcasm? :)
FUKIT

vansmack

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2014, 08:51:11 pm »

Everybody jumping on her coat tails....
27>34

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2014, 12:02:02 am »

Everybody jumping on her coat tails....

More like everybody trying to keep the facade alive.
FUKIT

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2014, 12:38:43 pm »
I would like to see ANY of you write a decent pop song.  I can wait. 

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2014, 12:45:35 pm »
I was just scant major label support away from my ballad "You Got AIDS From Me (...And Maybe Gonorrhea Too)" being the Wonderwall of the 2000s.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2014, 02:20:03 pm »

'Decent' and 'pop song' are mutually exclusive.
FUKIT

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2014, 09:54:10 am »
Looking for a quality X-mas sweater to wear to your next family gathering

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:55:41 am by Sidehatch »
slack