Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1603284 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #375 on: December 30, 2014, 12:08:54 pm »
Anyone headed to the Winter Classic?
My Dad called me last night and really wants to go. I'm iffy on it. Went to it at the Big House which was one of the most amazing sports events of my life, not sure another one would touch it.

Are tickets even possible to get at this point? What would we be looking at pricewise?

Also, we have a hockey thread on the first page. Not random at all!
I must have missed the hockey thread, I remember the Caps one floating around but I didn't want to bump it.

Also, standing room tickets were at 197 yesterday on StubHub and today they jumped to 350. I was tempted at 200 for Standing Room...
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #376 on: December 30, 2014, 12:11:33 pm »
I would guess it is probably because college football is not worth a thread.
Pretty much just myself and Smacks ever seem to care about it on here so I agree: it is not worth its own topic.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #377 on: December 30, 2014, 12:12:35 pm »
...so we don't fill up the random thread unnecessarily with sports talk since there's a better thread for it...

I think you do not understand the word random.  Random draws from everything possible, however improbable.  

Like this list:  Mustard, Beets, 23481hjnnaov9, -901maschizno.

Even that's not quite random, but you get the idea.  If this were called "Miscellany - not otherwise categorized", then you would be correct in drawing our attention to a more relevant thread.  

« Reply #378 on: December 30, 2014, 12:13:32 pm »
My Dad called me last night and really wants to go. I'm iffy on it. Went to it at the Big House which was one of the most amazing sports events of my life, not sure another one would touch it.

Are tickets even possible to get at this point? What would we be looking at pricewise?

I must have missed the hockey thread, I remember the Caps one floating around but I didn't want to bump it.

Also, standing room tickets were at 197 yesterday on StubHub and today they jumped to 350. I was tempted at 200 for Standing Room...
It's oddly named to play off the soccer thread's name; it's On The Eve of the New Season: North of the Border Edition.

That's too rich for my blood. Had I not already been to a Winter Classic and was a Caps or Hawks fan, then absolutely yes, you'll love it, but I'm not paying $350 for standing room only tickets to see two teams I'm indifferent about play outside in cold weather.
LVMH

« Reply #379 on: December 30, 2014, 12:15:38 pm »
Even that's not quite random, but you get the idea.  If this were called "Miscellany - not otherwise categorized", then you would be correct in drawing our attention to a more relevant thread.  
Fair enough. I have always looked at the "random" thread as a "everything not covered elsewhere" thread, although you are correct, that's not the actual meaning of random.

I still maintain a post on a subject that we have a long running thread covering will have the best chance of being seen by an audience who cares about it if posted in that thread instead of here, but everyone should make their own decisions on such.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #380 on: December 30, 2014, 12:20:37 pm »
Julian has been getting owned all over this board in late 2014. Here's to hoping he comes out strong in 2015.

Happy New Year boardies!

« Reply #381 on: December 30, 2014, 12:23:22 pm »
Julian has been getting owned all over this board in late 2014. Here's to hoping he comes out strong in 2015.
How am I getting owned? I'm in a great mood and have been extremely conciliatory with everyone of late. People are trying to start arguments and I'm agreeing with them left and right today.

Can't lose if you don't fight, my brother.
LVMH

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #382 on: December 30, 2014, 12:30:33 pm »
...so we don't fill up the random thread unnecessarily with sports talk since there's a better thread for it...

I think you do not understand the word random.  Random draws from everything possible, however improbable.  

Ooh, meta-randomness!   :o
😐 🎶

« Reply #383 on: December 30, 2014, 12:50:48 pm »

Ooh, meta-randomness!   :o
Indeed it is. Excellent catch, sir.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #384 on: December 30, 2014, 02:14:07 pm »
I would guess it is probably because college football is not worth a thread.

Probably not seeing as it isnt even a sport! :)
FUKIT

« Reply #385 on: December 30, 2014, 02:14:14 pm »
Quote from: Julian, Community ORGANIZER link=topic=23933.msg399287#msg399287
(as a courtesy to the faction on the board who hates the mere thought that people on a music forum might want to discuss sports from time to time).
I mean who ever heard of such a thing...!
the audacity and the horror
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:31:23 pm by Sidehatch® »
slack

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #386 on: December 30, 2014, 02:15:21 pm »

My son is heading to the game.  I'll wait until early the day of the game and if the brokers are dumping tickets I'll go.
FUKIT

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #387 on: December 30, 2014, 03:29:52 pm »
Heard Nats playoffs tickets were dirt cheap on StubHub day of.

Only thing is that all the tickets are hard copies. So I'm trying to figure out how it works....
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #388 on: December 30, 2014, 03:45:46 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hmqkFYLY1fg
6 minutes of people in movies saying "I'm American."
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 03:50:33 pm by killsaly of the Clan MacLeod »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #389 on: December 30, 2014, 04:24:30 pm »
Lagunitas and Dogfish head are both now sold at my local Food Lion. Wow! You should hear these country bumpkins say things like, hey no f****** Way I'm paying $10 for a six pack of beer.

that's right, I posted about beer, in this thread.