Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602143 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #690 on: February 27, 2015, 07:32:27 am »
I wonder where Julian stands on dressgate... I can't believe I'm actually posting this, stupid interweb is getting to me
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #691 on: February 27, 2015, 08:04:44 am »
In other news llamas!
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #692 on: February 27, 2015, 08:59:58 am »
None of that even matters, there's a brand new pizza theater in the area.  Think chef's table but at Domino's!
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #693 on: February 27, 2015, 10:31:48 am »
I wonder where Julian stands on dressgate... I can't believe I'm actually posting this, stupid interweb is getting to me
I think the dress is garish and looks like something an illegal immigrant would wear to a Quinceanera. Call me when there's some Givenchy to comment on. 
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #694 on: February 27, 2015, 11:05:06 am »
I thought I was too drunk [happy hour] to understand this dress thing. It's blue and black and the other picture has a filter, right? How can people not understand that?
‼‼?‼‼

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #695 on: February 27, 2015, 11:44:55 am »
I think the dress is garish and looks like something an illegal immigrant would wear to a Quinceanera. Call me when there's some Givenchy to comment on. 

You mean an American in waiting don't you?
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #696 on: February 27, 2015, 11:53:19 am »
lost the thread where this was at.. but congrats Ratbastard on your winnings!

« Reply #697 on: February 27, 2015, 12:47:44 pm »
Kind of in awe that a they can charge $29 for a cover band to do daft punk songs?

One More Time: The Tribute to Daft Punk
Howard Theatre, Washington, DC
Fri, Apr 3, 2015 09:00 PM
Type General Admission
Ticket Price US $29.00 x 1

Do they just get up on stage and press a button and wear robot suits?
slack

hutch

« Reply #698 on: February 27, 2015, 01:05:39 pm »
what amazes me more is how much Daft Punk is leaving on the table by not touring...

not that many people walk away from tens of millions of dollars guaranteed...

Yada

« Reply #699 on: February 27, 2015, 01:18:06 pm »
what amazes me more is how much Daft Punk is leaving on the table by not touring...

not that many people walk away from tens of million
ns of dollars guaranteed...

I don't have the slightest idea if this is accurate, but according to a very quick google search, each robot is worth $30 million dollars.

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/06/celebrity-networth-ranks-the-worlds-30-richest-djs

I feel like once you reach a certain level of richness, it's easy to say no.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #700 on: February 27, 2015, 01:48:05 pm »

they're already rich so they don't need the money.  they have the luxury of deciding what to put in front of their fans.  after the 2007 tour they know expectations are sky-high.  maybe they don't feel they have a good enough show, yet?  maybe they're too busy?  maybe they don't like touring?
<sig>

« Reply #701 on: February 27, 2015, 01:56:10 pm »
Funny, just saw this show played the club in 2013
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #702 on: February 27, 2015, 02:00:02 pm »

they're already rich so they don't need the money.  they have the luxury of deciding what to put in front of their fans.  after the 2007 tour they know expectations are sky-high.  maybe they don't feel they have a good enough show, yet?  maybe they're too busy?  maybe they don't like touring?
*obligatory comment dissing their "live" show and snarky suggestion they pay someone minimum wage to wear the suits and stand somewhere in their place*
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #703 on: February 27, 2015, 02:17:12 pm »

They did an interview not too long after Alive 2007 and said they were already working on another tour and that the pyramid was retired. They said their new live show would be better. But ever since 2007 they haven't teased anything in the slightest.

Fun tour in 2007? "Album of the year" in 2014? Maybe we'll get something in 7 more years?
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #704 on: February 27, 2015, 05:11:53 pm »
Bjork . . . really?