Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602401 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #1485 on: August 13, 2015, 01:56:58 pm »
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1486 on: August 13, 2015, 02:09:45 pm »
Fat people take up more of the finite space on the airplane and their weight requires more fuel cost to move. This should be standard everywhere, but fatties are an oppressive MAJORITY in this country so it won't happen.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1487 on: August 13, 2015, 03:38:38 pm »

How in the fuck is a doctor asking a medical question even close to whatever this mythical 'fat shaming' bull shit (whatever it even is supposed to be)?  I actually laughed as I read that garbage!
FUKIT

« Reply #1488 on: August 13, 2015, 03:47:28 pm »
How in the fuck is a doctor asking a medical question even close to whatever this mythical 'fat shaming' bull shit (whatever it even is supposed to be)?  I actually laughed as I read that garbage!
Because she's Healthy At Every Size. That movement is completely devoid of logic or science.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #1489 on: August 13, 2015, 04:49:58 pm »
Those doctors are also all about smoke and vape shaming. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 04:52:07 pm by killsaly »

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1491 on: August 13, 2015, 05:54:23 pm »
Because she's Healthy At Every Size. That movement is completely devoid of logic or science.

What 'movement'?  There is no 'movement'...  If someone is obese (and it is only logical to assume the person in the discussion in question is) then it is medically prudent for a doctor to ask if the patient has any issues related to that obesity.  In fact it would be unethical if not borderline malpractice for the doctor to not ask.  It has nothing to do with whatever the fuck 'shaming' is.  No one shamed anyone.  The person was asked a 100% legitimate question.  If that person is ashamed of their weight that is entire on them and has nothing to do with anyone else.  Maybe it is supposed to be a humorous story and I am just not getting it...
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1493 on: August 13, 2015, 05:58:13 pm »
Those doctors are also all about smoke and vape shaming. 

'Vaping' IS smoking.  In fact a lot of those e-cigs are extremely bad for humans.  Several of them use liquid nicotine which is a substance that requires the use of full hazmat gear when handled.  It is a known carcinogen.  While no one fully knows what the full effects of e-cigs are, saying that they are a 'safe' alternative to regular cigs is like saying snorting anthrax is a safe alternative to being hit by an atomic bomb.
FUKIT

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1494 on: August 13, 2015, 06:27:13 pm »
Which one is supposed to be Brady?

far right.
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #1495 on: August 13, 2015, 07:06:22 pm »
Now that Sesame Street will be on HBO, the crossover we all need:

'Vaping' IS smoking.  In fact a lot of those e-cigs are extremely bad for humans.  words words words
Of course they are bad for you (though don't tell a vaping enthusiast that).   I was making fun of people who think they are healthy, same as Julian was making fun of people who think they can be healthy at any weight.

hutch

« Reply #1496 on: August 13, 2015, 07:28:39 pm »
i don't know that we know vaping is bad for you.....we just don't know yet.... it can't be worse than cigs though...

frankly, i'm jealous..wish they'd existed when I was smoking more.....lots of benefits to them like not stinking up your clothes or place....

damn cigs are a tough addiction...this post is makin me want to have one and I've probably had a pack over the last year or two...

« Reply #1497 on: August 13, 2015, 07:35:20 pm »
i don't know that we know vaping is bad for you.....we just don't know yet.... it can't be worse than cigs though...

frankly, i'm jealous..wish they'd existed when I was smoking more.....lots of benefits to them like not stinking up your clothes or place....

damn cigs are a tough addiction...this post is makin me want to have one and I've probably had a pack over the last year or two...

I mean, I think it's safe to say it's not good for you. Nicotine is not great. I agree research is ongoing and we really don't "know", but I think it's probably fair to say it's not good for you albeit "less not good" than tobacco.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1498 on: August 13, 2015, 08:10:04 pm »
Now that Sesame Street will be on HBO, the crossover we all need:

'Vaping' IS smoking.  In fact a lot of those e-cigs are extremely bad for humans.  words words words
Of course they are bad for you (though don't tell a vaping enthusiast that).   I was making fun of people who think they are healthy, same as Julian was making fun of people who think they can be healthy at any weight.

Oh well I guess my SDU (sarcasm detection unit) was malfunctioning.  Perhaps it needs a rebuild of its flux capacitor! :)
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1499 on: August 13, 2015, 08:19:17 pm »

I do not think it is as simple as saying smoking ecigs is bad/good or safe/unsafe.  There is no control over them at all (whether there should be or not is yet another discussion) so if one device was to solely use 100% water based vapor (aka steam) it would seem that such a device would be harmless.  However once a manufacturer starts adding flavorings and whatever other chemicals to their products you might as well be drinking a glass full of those chemicals.  The example I gave of liquid nicotine is a good case in point.  When my dad was a research engineer for PM, the guys who handled the liquid nicotine were required to wear full hazmat suits even when they were carrying sealed containers of that crap.  Saying we don't know if smoking ecigs is dangerous when many of them use liquid nicotine is playing ostrich.  Even saying them are "less ungood" than smoking cigarettes is not grounded in logic, reason, or fact.
FUKIT