Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1603280 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #1500 on: August 13, 2015, 08:34:26 pm »
To be clear, by saying they were "less ungood," I was in no way stating that as a fact. It was, simply, my impression as a lay person. It is based on no studies, etc, just simply my impression that few things are as deleterious to ones health as smoking tobacco.

I quite agree with you on the issue of e-cigs, RatBastard.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1501 on: August 13, 2015, 08:39:51 pm »
Here's a fact you can take to the bank:

When vaping liquid is vaporized, the particle size is much smaller than cigarette smoke.  It gets inhaled more deeply and coats the lungs without being metabolized.  Add in peach flavor and a bunch of carcinogens and it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

walk,on,by

« Reply #1502 on: August 13, 2015, 10:04:01 pm »
all of sudden, this jaded person.  why do they seem one of the ancient ones, but has now risen from beneath, to suddenly bring forth the posts in many threads.   

« Reply #1503 on: August 13, 2015, 10:04:25 pm »
grafulyjaded makes a good point,  a new and the only compelling one I've heard here

So few things
1. 100% with out a doubt I'm certain that using a e-cig/vape pen to get your nicotine fix  is less toxic/caustic than burning vegetable matter that combusts in to tiny little particles that you lung really can't do anything with but let just sit there and collect with the billion other little combusted particles that  sit in the air sacs in your lungs...until they can take no more little particles that don't break down.

2. I'm not a doctor or a shill for the tobacco industry, but my understanding is that nicotine does not cause any type of cancer.  Its addictive and a stimulant, but it doesn't cause lung, lip, tongue esophageal and what ever other type of cancer you get from smoking cigarettes...it's pretty much all the other shit(and the repetition)

3. Cigarette smoke to someone who doesn't smoke is really nauseating, the ashtrays are stinky and the smell in your hair (unfortunately not talking about mine as I have so little) and clothes.  I remember I had this hoodie I'd wear to bedrock billiards.  One night after getting home stuffed it in luggage with other clothes. Two days later I opened it up and the smoke stench was noxious and all of it now smelled like it.

I agree there are no standards or long term studies...that is a big unknown to confidently trust one's health on
those unknowns should make you think hard about something that you do 50-100 times a day!
I think that's the biggest problem with smoking, the repetition. The shear quantity of the one thing you keep doing. If you poked your arm with your index finger in the same place, the same amount of times you took a puff, over the years, I think the likelihood of that one spot getting cancer or something fatal is high.

One outlier is the 3rd party vape...that might actually have some merit if it is proven it is even a little toxic to other people close by. (especially with Jaded's point)
It's one thing to kill yourselves with your vices, I think you are an ass when you take others with it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:08:59 pm by Sidehatch |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| »
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #1504 on: August 13, 2015, 10:08:22 pm »
fas,cinating

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1505 on: August 13, 2015, 10:30:42 pm »
2. I'm not a doctor or a shill for the tobacco industry, but my understanding is that nicotine does not cause any type of cancer.  Its addictive and a stimulant, but it doesn't cause lung, lip, tongue esophageal and what ever other type of cancer you get from smoking cigarettes...it's pretty much all the other shit(and the repetition)

As I was alluding to earlier, my dad was an engineer in R&D for PMUSA for many many years.  Nicotine in a  liquid state (which is used in several ecig products) is and extremely nasty substance.  I would highly doubt that any company would require its employees to wear full hazmat suits when handling a substance that does not come with some pretty serious health impacts.  Liquid nicotine is not something to be fucked with at all.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1506 on: August 13, 2015, 10:39:00 pm »
fas,cinating

Hey man check your email!
FUKIT

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1507 on: August 13, 2015, 11:11:01 pm »
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1508 on: August 13, 2015, 11:26:51 pm »
^ lol
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1509 on: August 13, 2015, 11:49:42 pm »
To whomever it is on here that is a web developer and codes (flat) sites designed towards handheld devices I have a question.  In making a graphic that will be a touch control, what would you suggest the minimum size to use in order to make it usable.  Also, in developing such a page, do you normally set a wrapper div with a specific width to hold all of the content?  If so is there a convention as to what size should be set?

Thanks!
FUKIT

vansmack

« Reply #1510 on: August 14, 2015, 12:28:33 am »
27>34

« Reply #1511 on: August 14, 2015, 08:57:21 am »
this is for person who is going to pay $2mill for a penthouse condo across the street from the 9:30

slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #1512 on: August 14, 2015, 10:02:06 am »
i think, when it comes to location, people in dc, don,t care that their very nice property is located across from anything.  as long, as they don,t get shot or stabbed, it,s all good.  does, that still make norman a dickhead . . . yes, yes it does.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1513 on: August 14, 2015, 10:47:27 am »

As I was alluding to earlier, my dad was an engineer in R&D for PMUSA for many many years.  Nicotine in a  liquid state (which is used in several ecig products) is and extremely nasty substance.  I would highly doubt that any company would require its employees to wear full hazmat suits when handling a substance that does not come with some pretty serious health impacts.  Liquid nicotine is not something to be fucked with at all.
Vapes = mouth fedoras <- that has been my favorite insult on people. It's so dumb. My buddy said "It help me quit." and I said "You're probably melting your lungs anyway." and he argued back saying "It's JUST VAPOR how can that be bad for me?" to which I responded "Literally putting anything more than oxygen in your lungs is bad for your lungs." to which he just scoffed and rolled his eyes.

Personally, I prefer an e cig to a big stupid looking vape. I quit smoking about 2 years ago and rarely when I get drunk do I ask a friend for their e cig. I think they're just as nasty as cigarettes, but you know what they say, no one ever really "quits". Heh. Either way, I try to deter my friends from using vapes as alternatives because like everyone has said in here, we really don't know what they are doing to your body. WHEN the hell did vape snobbery become a thing. There are SO many vape stores now. It's insane how quickly it's taken off.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1514 on: August 14, 2015, 10:51:26 am »
Personally, I prefer an e cig to a big stupid looking vape.
What's the difference? I'm asking seriously; I have been using the two terms interchangeably.
LVMH