Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602261 times)

Space Freely

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #1785 on: September 25, 2015, 02:31:36 pm »
Sidehatch, you talk as if all white males (and only white males) are born rich. You must not get outside the DC Beltway much.
true...but I would think statically that 90% of the kids born in to rich families are white?
but not all white kids are rich, I think whites are the largest group of welfare recipients

I just think the whole..."work hard and you'll be well off like me" (typically said by some old white dude) is bullshit as we are not all playing by the same rules

What do you propose as a better alternative to working hard to get ahead? My Dad was the only one of six siblings who graduated high school. Paid his own way through college working nights pumping gas at a gas station. Was he playing by some different set of rules?

« Reply #1786 on: September 25, 2015, 02:39:25 pm »
Sidehatch, you talk as if all white males (and only white males) are born rich. You must not get outside the DC Beltway much.
true...but I would think statically that 90% of the kids born in to rich families are white?
but not all white kids are rich, I think whites are the largest group of welfare recipients

I just think the whole..."work hard and you'll be well off like me" (typically said by some old white dude) is bullshit as we are not all playing by the same rules

What do you propose as a better alternative to working hard to get ahead? My Dad was the only one of six siblings who graduated high school. Paid his own way through college working nights pumping gas at a gas station. Was he playing by some different set of rules?
nope, but I bet if his last name was Rodriguez, he probably would have had a hard time getting that job at that gas station and getting accepted to college and that would have changed everything

I don't have plan on how to fix it...so yes I'm part of the problem
I just feel that if you are white male and you work hard, you will most likely be rewarded
everyone else...odds are against them
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1787 on: September 25, 2015, 02:45:20 pm »

nope, but I bet if his last name was Rodriguez, he probably would have had a hard time getting that job at that gas station and getting accepted to college and that would have changed everything

I just feel that if you are white male and you work hard, you will most likely be rewarded

My sister-in-law is named Rodriguez, and she had no problem getting into a good college (paying for it herself) and subsequently gaining employment. She now earns more than her white male husband, fwiw.

There are plenty of white males who work hard and don't have much to show for it. Have you ever been outside the Beltway?

ggw

« Reply #1788 on: September 25, 2015, 03:02:08 pm »

Oh, that's just something losers tell themselves to feel better about their personal failures....

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1789 on: September 25, 2015, 03:06:43 pm »
There are plenty of white males who work hard and don't have much to show for it. Have you ever been outside the Beltway?

But instead of blaming their cash-hoarding boss, they blame the guy who works equally hard but doesn't look or pray like them. Then they cast their votes for a billionaire.
😐 🎶

Space Freely

« Reply #1790 on: September 25, 2015, 03:12:43 pm »

But instead of blaming their cash-hoarding boss, they blame the guy who works equally hard but doesn't look or pray like them. Then they cast their votes for a billionaire.

In that regard, they are pretty stupid.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1791 on: September 25, 2015, 03:22:55 pm »
I am disturbed by how much fun I'm having at this bike race in Richmond
LVMH

« Reply #1792 on: September 25, 2015, 03:32:17 pm »
I am disturbed by how much fun I'm having at this bike race in Richmond
we actually have a thread for that now...but I assume you are not participating
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1793 on: September 25, 2015, 10:10:43 pm »
😐 🎶

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1794 on: September 27, 2015, 12:36:42 pm »
they also come to kids with trust funds and white males
I remind the poor who have 3 jobs and work their asses off every day

the horatio alger mythos sounds great on paper, but working hard and being financially secure are two different things

LOL sexist and racist all in one reply...  Working hard and being wise with your earning are two different things as well as is choosing not to be a victim and blaming everything on someone else.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1795 on: September 27, 2015, 12:38:01 pm »
You should make your own rules.  8)

That is exactly what liberals do.  They make rules that everyone else but them need to abide by.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1796 on: September 27, 2015, 12:41:50 pm »

I have no idea what world you live in but with all the rules and laws that make it so that colleges and employers HAVE TO hire/enroll certain percentage of (pick whatever victim group you want) whether they are qualified for that hiring or enrollment, your statement is absurd at best.

You and anyone else who enjoys playing victim is all of the problem.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1797 on: September 27, 2015, 12:43:33 pm »

That post said NOTHING about "like me".  You are changing the entire meaning of it in order to make your absurd argument seem to have some degree of validity.
FUKIT

« Reply #1798 on: September 28, 2015, 02:16:13 pm »
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #1799 on: September 28, 2015, 05:12:34 pm »
the fact that the powers that be regarding all things 930 club and accompanying venues, put door times and stage times right on this site, is the greatest thing ever.  made my evening last night so much easier to navigate and be on time, with dinner and drinks and the such.