Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602324 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #1830 on: October 19, 2015, 09:33:00 am »
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/25343794/fan-suffers-a-heart-attack-in-the-final-moments-of-michigan-state-michigan

Julian?

oh no.. not Julian.....it was a harsh way to lose...
My favorite sports teams have had some brutal loses, but that one was the most unique by far. The swing of emotions in those last ten seconds were really like nothing I had ever experienced. I was at a watch party and 70+ people all just sort of went from ecstasy to dead silence over 15 seconds.

wow, i wasn't expecting to hear from you until thursday...
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1831 on: October 19, 2015, 09:34:53 am »
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/25343794/fan-suffers-a-heart-attack-in-the-final-moments-of-michigan-state-michigan

Julian?

oh no.. not Julian.....it was a harsh way to lose...
My favorite sports teams have had some brutal loses, but that one was the most unique by far. The swing of emotions in those last ten seconds were really like nothing I had ever experienced. I was at a watch party and 70+ people all just sort of went from ecstasy to dead silence over 15 seconds.

wow, i wasn't expecting to hear from you until thursday...
I'm not turning on anything sports related until at least Thursday. I'm listening to classical music at work instead of Dan Patrick.
LVMH

« Reply #1832 on: October 19, 2015, 09:44:04 am »
The only person I wish to apologize to was the Uber driver who saw my shirt and hat and innocently asked "Michigan, huh? How did you guys do today?" only to be told "Don't you fucking talk to me."

He is an absolute champion for not throwing me out of his vehicle right there. If uber would allow tipping via the app, I would send him $$ right now.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 09:46:16 am by Carlos Spicyweiner, a Julian®©? BRAND »
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1833 on: October 19, 2015, 01:58:19 pm »
Smeer Leader his Ben's Chili Bowl and plasters Kim Jong Un's face over Bill Cosby's

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2015/10/19/bill-cosby-mural-was-defaced-with-kim-jong-uns-face-in-d-c/
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #1834 on: October 21, 2015, 10:36:49 am »
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1835 on: October 21, 2015, 04:43:47 pm »
I know it's not Friday but @EveryICD10 has started an encore of "Tweeting every billable ICD-10 code (not necessarily in order) until we're done." Much weirdness among the mundane and dark. Tweets a lot so put it in its own column in Tweetdeck (or whatever client you use).
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1836 on: October 21, 2015, 05:45:26 pm »
yup, that's random alright.
<sig>

« Reply #1837 on: October 21, 2015, 06:33:22 pm »
I know it's not Friday but @EveryICD10 has started an encore of "Tweeting every billable ICD-10 code (not necessarily in order) until we're done." Much weirdness among the mundane and dark. Tweets a lot so put it in its own column in Tweetdeck (or whatever client you use).
The ICD-10 coding switch has been a disaster for the agency I'm with. Good lord, I nearly got PTSD just reading about this Twitter account.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #1838 on: October 22, 2015, 11:46:56 am »
TAN: Anyone see how South Park absolutely ripped into the concept of fat shaming last night? I hate South Park but I heard about the episode and made a point to watch it: it was excellent. Fat advocates really are scum.
You hate South Park?  South Park is and has always has been, great.  I need to watch last night's episode tonight.

« Reply #1839 on: October 22, 2015, 11:53:52 am »
TAN: Anyone see how South Park absolutely ripped into the concept of fat shaming last night? I hate South Park but I heard about the episode and made a point to watch it: it was excellent. Fat advocates really are scum.
You hate South Park?  South Park is and has always has been, great.  I need to watch last night's episode tonight.
It's like the Daily Show: it's a show that basically consists of going "look at these people who think/believe/do _____, they so dumb!" Taking potshots at people is easy. They never actually propose anything different or any ideas themselves, it's just bland snark. It's the GGW of television.

At some point, most of us get an emotional maturity in excess of 15y.o. and stop thinking that pointing out how everyone "sucks" is awesome.

But I'll make an exception for shaming hambeasts.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1840 on: October 22, 2015, 12:19:33 pm »
At some point, most of us get an emotional maturity in excess of 15y.o. and stop thinking that pointing out how everyone "sucks" is awesome.

we all have our "15-year-old snarkily pointing out how much things suck" moments, yours happens to be with the obese. 
<sig>

« Reply #1841 on: October 22, 2015, 12:39:43 pm »

we all have our "15-year-old snarkily pointing out how much things suck" moments, yours happens to be with the obese. 
Right, South Park's, however, is about everyone all the time. You wake up one morning and run across someone who "sucks," then you ran across someone who "sucks." You wake up every morning and run across people who suck, then you're the one who sucks.

I don't have a problem with someone saying _____ sucks. I find it tiring when saying "_____ sucks" about everything is that pony's only trick. The South Park-style cottage industrialization of pointing out who is stupid is what wears thin.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1842 on: October 22, 2015, 01:16:45 pm »
Trey Gowdy is an ugly little bastard...

« Reply #1843 on: October 22, 2015, 01:36:38 pm »
Trey Gowdy is an ugly little bastard...
are you talking about his soul or his outward appeareance
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1844 on: October 22, 2015, 03:58:13 pm »
It's like the Daily Show: it's a show that basically consists of going "look at these people who think/believe/do _____, they so dumb!" Taking potshots at people is easy. They never actually propose anything different or any ideas themselves, it's just bland snark. It's the GGW of television.

I love South Park, but it does get preachy. They do semi offer "solutions" to the "problems" they pose on the show, or at least shine a light on it, or point out the hypocrisy in certain situations. Earlier this season they went on about how Caitlyn Jenner isn't actually a hero, but it doesn't mean they think she's a bad person. And made a pretty scathing caricature of her lol.

It's long gone from the days of Satan vs Jesus in a boxing match, but it's still entertaining. Sometimes I wish it would go back to just being a funny show about foul mouthed 10 year olds and their quirky misadventures. I think their ability to turn around and write and produce a show within a week really hurts their overall product. If people look back in 20 years on the show they'll think "What the hell was going on in society then?"
‼‼?‼‼