Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1601952 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #2010 on: November 24, 2015, 12:15:13 pm »
[I'm sure no one could hear anything over the sound of that disgusting butterhuffer ingesting Bernie Sanders' weight in pancakes.

i'm positive that thanks to your hate, that person immediately put down his fork and headed for the treadmill.  congratulations, fat-fighter, you have totally made a difference in the war against obesity!!!
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2011 on: November 24, 2015, 12:20:20 pm »
[I'm sure no one could hear anything over the sound of that disgusting butterhuffer ingesting Bernie Sanders' weight in pancakes.

i'm positive that thanks to your hate, that person immediately put down his fork and headed for the treadmill.  congratulations, fat-fighter, you have totally made a difference in the war against obesity!!!
You don't think feeling bad about yourself and what you're doing doesn't serve as a motivator? Do you bring scotch to an intervention?
LVMH

« Reply #2012 on: November 24, 2015, 12:21:08 pm »
iBM?
an idea whose genesis is a pile of poo

I actually think you are on to something here...just don't think you could get good details from a photo
I think the device would have to actually be in your toilet bowl and it could bluetooth connect to your iwatch to feed the data to your iPhone and then upload to the icloud where it could be 'anal'ized by the iturd server farm
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2013 on: November 24, 2015, 12:31:27 pm »

You don't think feeling bad about yourself and what you're doing doesn't serve as a motivator? Do you bring scotch to an intervention?

So you're helping the obese feel badly about themselves by shaming them, thus adding to their motivation to lose weight?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2014 on: November 24, 2015, 12:33:28 pm »
You don't think feeling bad about yourself and what you're doing doesn't serve as a motivator?

possibly, and we can argue about different sources of motivation... however, the hate that you posted here won't motivate this person, since he will never read it.  so instead i must assume that the "strategy" here is to spread the hate far and wide, in hopes that someone makes a change?  really?

Do you bring scotch to an intervention?

at no point did i suggest providing this person with additional food.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #2015 on: November 24, 2015, 12:35:12 pm »
I think this would have been a fun table to sit at and listen to these two hash it out

although Bernie kept complaining that they didn't have a Ruben on the menu

Is that former American Idol Ruben Studdard dining with the old grump?

« Reply #2016 on: November 24, 2015, 12:38:51 pm »

So you're helping the obese feel badly about themselves by shaming them, thus adding to their motivation to lose weight?
Of course!
LVMH

« Reply #2017 on: November 24, 2015, 12:39:13 pm »
I think this would have been a fun table to sit at and listen to these two hash it out

although Bernie kept complaining that they didn't have a Ruben on the menu

Is that former American Idol Ruben Studdard dining with the old grump?
Learn to read: he said very clearly in the caption there was no Ruben on the proverbial menu.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:40:57 pm by Carlos Spicyweiner, a Julian®©? BRAND »
LVMH

« Reply #2018 on: November 24, 2015, 12:40:12 pm »
however, the hate that you posted here won't motivate this person, since he will never read it.
I believe, if you'll look back at the last 10-15 posts, Sidehatch is trying to arrange me to be in the same room so I can tell him.
LVMH

« Reply #2019 on: November 24, 2015, 02:02:11 pm »
however, the hate that you posted here won't motivate this person, since he will never read it.
I believe, if you'll look back at the last 10-15 posts, Sidehatch is trying to arrange me to be in the same room so I can tell him.
I'm not really tryin'
I'm internet trying
slack

ggw

« Reply #2020 on: November 24, 2015, 05:00:25 pm »
Student leaders have pulled the mat out from 60 University of Ottawa students, ending a free on-campus yoga class over fears the teachings could be seen as a form of "cultural appropriation."

Staff at the Centre for Students with Disabilities believe that "while yoga is a really great idea and accessible and great for students ... there are cultural issues of implication involved in the practice," according to an email from the centre.

The centre goes on to say, "Yoga has been under a lot of controversy lately due to how it is being practiced," and which cultures those practices "are being taken from."

The centre official argues since many of those cultures "have experienced oppression, cultural genocide and diasporas due to colonialism and western supremacy ... we need to be mindful of this and how we express ourselves while practising yoga."

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/11/20/free-ottawa-yoga-class-scrapped-over-cultural-issues

Space Freely

« Reply #2021 on: November 27, 2015, 04:44:43 pm »
My neighbor just spend two hours power washing his (small) concrete driveway.

Talk about a colossal waste of water and a huge amount of noise pollution.

And now the whole area smells like gasoline. So much for opening the windows on a nice day.

But at least his driveway looks clean.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 05:03:53 pm by Space Freely »

walk,on,by

« Reply #2022 on: November 27, 2015, 06:40:03 pm »
You should have shot him; isn't that what America does now when they don't like something?

Space Freely

« Reply #2023 on: November 27, 2015, 06:50:52 pm »
You should have shot him; isn't that what America does now when they don't like something?

I'm sorry, I'm one of the few Virginians who don't own a gun.

As her passed three hours, my thought was...he has four old beater cars in his driveway. One of them leaked ton of gas. He's afraid his 30 year old loser still living at home smoker son might blow the whole shit up with a cigarette. He's trying to power wash the gas away.

walk,on,by

« Reply #2024 on: November 27, 2015, 10:41:11 pm »
You, really pay attention to your neighborhood, don't you.  I've never spoken to any of my neighbors and have no idea who they are . . . the way it should be.