Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1603011 times)

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #2505 on: February 02, 2016, 01:55:01 pm »
I'm sure getting cabs/uber isn't that tough
I have never been to SXSW... But I am imagining the influx of tons of people cause:
1.  cab/uber shortages
2.  Surge Pricing for all!!!!!
that is true...bikes then

Although I bet if you did a little planning, you could probably find a local that you could pay $75 a day with a minivan that would pick you and your friends up a few times a day
slack

« Reply #2506 on: February 02, 2016, 01:55:49 pm »
If six miles is too long to walk (it shouldn't be), then why not jog it instead?
it's not crazy long, but that's a bit much every time you want to go see the shows and go downtown
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2507 on: February 02, 2016, 01:58:34 pm »
If six miles is too long to walk (it shouldn't be), then why not jog it instead?
I think walking/jogging ~15 miles a day for 9 straight days (which is how long I believe SxSw is this year) while simultaneously standing on your feet all day for concerts does seem fairly taxing.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #2508 on: February 02, 2016, 01:58:44 pm »
it's not crazy long, but that's a bit much every time you want to go see the shows and go downtown

Fair enough. How about limo service or car rental?

« Reply #2509 on: February 02, 2016, 01:59:39 pm »
How about limo service. . .
Now this is the first reasonable idea I've seen.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2510 on: February 02, 2016, 02:08:21 pm »
Was reading that there's a steady surcharge of 3x and up to 6x during peak hours during SXSW and traffic is usually a mess and that's before all the streets shutting down FOR sxsw. A 6 mile bike ride down 1 street doesn't really seem that bad at all to me. Plus there's stuff spread throughout the city that we can do. People can be frustrating sometimes.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #2511 on: February 02, 2016, 02:10:24 pm »
Was reading that there's a steady surcharge of 3x and up to 6x during peak hours during SXSW and traffic is usually a mess and that's before all the streets shutting down FOR sxsw. A 6 mile bike ride down 1 street doesn't really seem that bad at all to me. Plus there's stuff spread throughout the city that we can do. People can be frustrating sometimes.
The bike idea seems totally reasonable. You're going to fucking Austin, TX for God's sake. If you can't ride rental bikes in a hipster mecca, you need to get over yourself.
LVMH

« Reply #2512 on: February 02, 2016, 02:16:12 pm »
if I'm correct...Austin is nice and flat and bike friendly.  Bike rentals will be 3x surcharge that time too
You might want to get some from a town that is like 20 miles away

slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #2513 on: February 02, 2016, 02:22:03 pm »

Yada

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2515 on: February 02, 2016, 03:11:21 pm »
The bike idea seems totally reasonable. You're going to fucking Austin, TX for God's sake. If you can't ride rental bikes in a hipster mecca, you need to get over yourself.
My friends are just bums. One of them was complaining when we were walking around RICHMOND. For all this effort they ended up bailing on the trip so now I'm headed down by myself! I have a couple friends down there who I can couch surf with or hop into someone's air bnb. Excited!

Don't think I'm buying a SXSW music wristband though. I know a lot of people doing free showcases not associated directly with the main SXSW fest. Seems weird, you spend almost 200 for a wristband and everything is first come first serve? Or sometimes you win a lottery for bigger shows? Seems frustrating. Unless I totally misread their site...
‼‼?‼‼

walk,on,by

« Reply #2516 on: February 02, 2016, 04:13:23 pm »
Shaun Ross, and his penis.  News at 11.

killsaly

« Reply #2517 on: February 02, 2016, 05:14:54 pm »
http://wgntv.com/2016/02/02/judge-asks-people-to-stop-wearing-pajamas-in-court/
It seems to be a trend that more and more people are wearing pajama bottoms out in public.

Judge Long tells us that's fine, but there are some places pajamas shouldn't be worn and the courtroom is one of them.

"Just like if you're going to church, you should dress appropriately. We think that if you're going to court, you should dress the same way."

« Reply #2518 on: February 03, 2016, 10:10:51 am »

10 tacos!
LVMH

« Reply #2519 on: February 03, 2016, 10:24:51 am »
"curious if you belong to a heard or a pod"  that's some good stuff
slack