Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602626 times)

Space Freely

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #2910 on: April 15, 2016, 10:36:29 am »
when I see an article such as that or a news piece on such a topic, I cant help to think, wow, great, thanks, way to give the fucked up people in our world, the stalks of ideas.  but then, I do weigh the fact it shows all other people, wow, great, thanks, now you have been schooled into thinking about it.  I like the simple ying, yang aspects of life that promote balance.   

I think you underestimate the creativity of the fucked up people. They don't get their fucked up ideas from newspaper articles and no doubt they thought of them long before Dan Zak did.

walk,on,by

« Reply #2911 on: April 15, 2016, 10:39:37 am »
I think fucked up people are constantly adding to their fucked up arsenal, on a daily basis, absorbing in all that they see.  Just like a professional, trying to be better at what he/she does, and attempts to learn by studying what he/she sees day to day.  good lord . . . can you imagine being crazy as a full time position?

Yada

« Reply #2912 on: April 15, 2016, 10:42:21 am »
I think fucked up people are constantly adding to their fucked up arsenal, on a daily basis, absorbing in all that they see.  Just like a professional, trying to be better at what he/she does, and attempts to learn by studying what he/she sees day to day.  good lord . . . can you imagine being crazy as a full time position?

Shooting up a bar isn't that creative/crazy of an idea, is it?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2913 on: April 15, 2016, 11:10:57 am »

totally.  i was into shooting up bars way before it went mainstream, man.

<sig>

Yada

« Reply #2915 on: April 15, 2016, 11:55:08 am »

totally.  i was into shooting up bars way before it went mainstream, man.

Yeah, that's totally what I meant.

« Reply #2916 on: April 15, 2016, 04:00:47 pm »
slack

killsaly

« Reply #2917 on: April 16, 2016, 11:44:39 pm »
I wonder if I can have every last post on the front page...

killsaly

« Reply #2919 on: April 17, 2016, 06:31:19 pm »
http://theorizingtheweb.tumblr.com/2016/livestream
The archived video is now available,...

Welcome Statement

Georges Méliès, who made the 1902 science fiction movie A Trip to the Moon, was a magician before he was a filmmaker. A moving image is itself a kind of magic, a trick created by the mind when a series of still shots are set in motion in just the right way. Our social streams enact a similar illusion: as a whole, they play a bit like a movie made of individual pieces made to move by a swipe or a scroll, each isolated bit spun into a continuum as it travels the network from screen to screen.

Welcome to Museum of the Moving Image and to the sixth annual Theorizing the Web. Last year, we took up residence in a museum devoted to photography; this year, it?s moving images. In recognition of our hosts, we are paying particular attention to social video?how it is made, understood, and circulated. This year?s final keynote panel will be dedicated specifically to social videos and their relation to death. Indeed, this year?s theorizing of the Web is focused less on wires, circuits, and gadgets, and is more attune to the Web as something embodied, intimate, and visceral. We see the Web less a technical appendage, and more as an elemental substance of our social reality.

This more matured conceptualization of the role that digitality plays in our lives advances the premise on which Theorizing the Web was founded: to understand the Web as part of this one reality, rather than as a virtual addition to the natural. Businesses and gadgets will be discussed not as fetishized ends unto themselves, but as a means to talk about sociality in all of its complexity. The goal of Theorizing the Web is to encourage and provide space for a discourse about the Web that is as varied and nuanced as discourse about sociality in general. Our conversation about technology must be nothing less than that.

To that end, we?ve put together a two-day program that we?re proud and excited to share. The Friday and Saturday daytime sessions feature 17 panels created largely from the competitive submissions we received at the beginning of the year, while the evening sessions feature four keynote panels that take place in the Museum?s beautiful Redstone Theater. They examine topics such as programmable personality; screen-mediated intimacy; narrative and fiction; and the violent social video.

We?d like to thank everyone who?s attending this event.
As you?ve probably noticed over the years, Theorizing the Web has been and remains pretty DIY. All of the Organizing Committee?s effort in putting on this event is volunteer labor, and the registration fee is pay-what-you-want. We aren?t doing any of this out of any institutional obligation, and we hope you?re not here out of any obligation, either. Instead, this event happens because we all wake up thinking about these issues. The quality of discourse around technology both concerns and motivates us. Most importantly, this event happens because you all care enough to come. So, again, thank you for being part of TtW16.

Yada

« Reply #2920 on: April 18, 2016, 03:23:55 pm »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2921 on: April 18, 2016, 05:48:46 pm »
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #2922 on: April 18, 2016, 06:24:58 pm »
man that is impressive.