Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602919 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #2955 on: April 22, 2016, 08:31:19 pm »
I have always preferred the tilde over all other punctuation marks.  The umlaut is a close second.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2956 on: April 22, 2016, 10:09:04 pm »
The umlaut is a diacritical mark, not punctuation.

The em and en dashes are my go-to metadata weapons.
😐 🎶

« Reply #2957 on: April 22, 2016, 10:19:32 pm »
The umlaut is a diacritical mark, not punctuation.

~~ are always fun
but I agree umlats rock  (an Ah for ä and ?oh? for ö.)

the current incarnation is a modern thing...
Since the Middle Ages, umlauted vowels have been indicated in various ways in German. Before the two-dot version became the standard in the 19th century,
slack

hutch

« Reply #2958 on: April 22, 2016, 10:20:50 pm »
I'm all about the "."...nothing else excited me quite like the period.. I like to invert its use and turn into unfinished business stripping it of the shackles imposed on it by our punctuation corseted society.. my periods do not die.. they do not kill anyone.. they live on....

bob72

« Reply #2959 on: April 23, 2016, 10:13:44 am »

I had a design teacher once who always said that one's knowledge of how and when to use the em and en dashes where what separated designers from "desktop publishers" lol he was such a design elitist

that and tabs
PENIS

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2960 on: April 23, 2016, 07:32:28 pm »
The interrobang should not be ignored.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2961 on: April 23, 2016, 11:02:44 pm »
The interrobang should not be ignored.

BUT IS IT REAL‽
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2962 on: April 23, 2016, 11:46:26 pm »
My pub quiz team name is the interrobangs... And one of the members of chumbawamba has a group called interrobang
T.Rex

killsaly

« Reply #2963 on: April 24, 2016, 01:18:38 pm »

https://www.amazon.ca/Helicopter-Man-Pounds-Dinosaur-Billionaire/dp/1517103150/
?My name is John Hams and I?m a sex addict.?
And so begins Dr. Chuck Tingle?s first full length novel, Helicopter Man Pounds Dinosaur Billionaire Ass, a thrilling superhero origin story that will take you to the edge of gay erotic romance and stare bravely into the abyss. It is a story so powerful, so sensual, that it could change the very face of erotic literature forever. John Hams is a man who has lost it all, a nine-to-five nobody with an addiction to billionaire dinosaur bad boys. That is, until a freak accident at work imbues John with the ability to transform into an achingly handsome helicopter at will. Suddenly, things are looking up, as John uses his ability to woo the dashing stegosaurus from his addicts group who just happens to have a thing for rugged aircrafts. But it?s not long before John?s new helicopter identity starts to spin out of control, taking on a personality of its own as the wild and horny Chibs Pratt, chopper with abs.
Can John Hams become the hardcore gay hero that he is destined to be, or is this shifter bound to be nothing more than his own worst enemy?
The room itself is massive, as well, with another set of windows that fill the far wall from floor to ceiling and look out towards the distant Hollywood Hills. It?s a corner unit, providing two completely unique, but equally breathtaking, views. I slowly strut across the hardwood floors on my landing skids towards Yorb, enjoying the way that his yellow dinosaur eyes flicker and dance across my metallic body. At this point, he can?t help but stare. Seductively, I give my blades a quick flash of speed and hover up onto the bed, then crawl towards him, eventually positioning myself directly over his body. I take Yorb?s hands carefully with two blades and pull them above his head, controlling him completely as I make my way down his ripped chest and scaly abs with a series of sensual helicopter kisses.

« Reply #2964 on: April 25, 2016, 12:25:35 pm »
so...edjumacate me...what is a helicopter and a stegosaurus in gay lingo??

.... and stare bravely into the abyss.
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #2965 on: April 25, 2016, 12:31:24 pm »
As in all languages . . . it means, freak.

killsaly

« Reply #2966 on: April 25, 2016, 12:35:43 pm »
NO.  it means an actual helicopter and a real dinosaur.

Did you not read the description? 

« Reply #2967 on: April 25, 2016, 12:49:03 pm »
NO.  it means an actual helicopter and a real dinosaur.

Did you not read the description? 
I did...just thought I was missing some innuendo

guess they always pitch...
can't say that I personally would want to be behind someone with blades swirling on their back
slack

killsaly

« Reply #2968 on: April 25, 2016, 08:30:46 pm »
How did the dinosaur become a billionaire? 

evilizac

« Reply #2969 on: April 26, 2016, 07:20:00 am »
How did the dinosaur become a billionaire? 
I'd assume oil money and prudent investing.
WHAT?