Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1603210 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #3180 on: June 28, 2016, 11:52:37 am »
We have things called eating disorders -- anorexia or bulimia for example. We see people who have those and we understand they have an inappropriate relationship with food. And we acknowledge that as a society. We do not downplay the dangers of anoerxia because it might hurt someone's feelings.

But anorexia nad bulimia affect less than 1% of the population. Meanwhile, morbid obesity is the epidemic of our era. It's an eating disorder. The fat have an inappropriate relationship with food. They are mentally ill the same way a bulimic or a heroin addict is. But we can't say that because "feelings." We should push back against that. CPS should take the children of the morbidly obese away. Insurances should cover food-rehab treatments. But we've passed a weird tipping point where so many people are fat we can't call a spade a spade. Want to legalize heroin? Just get 30% of the population to do it. Ira Glass will show up and tell everyone you're Heroin-sexual.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3181 on: June 28, 2016, 12:08:24 pm »
We really need to take the vote away from people with a BMI over 25.

I think the morbidly obese, by their logic-defying decisions, display a functional lack of intelligence and should not be allowed to vote, own guns, raise children, etc. They are literally no different than a heroin addict.

morbidly obese is defined as over 40, not 25.

heroin addicts are allowed to vote.

we are not logical animals.  we make plenty of logic-defying decisions everyday.  using that as a barometer for taking away the vote would result in no one being able to voting.

you are just as hateful as donald trump.  congrats.
<sig>

« Reply #3182 on: June 28, 2016, 12:14:46 pm »
People who have been convicted of a crime have their right to vote taken away in many states. If we're going to take away people's right to vote for weed, we certainly should do it for butter huffers as they are a much larger (no pun intended) social harm.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3183 on: June 28, 2016, 12:15:45 pm »
butter huffers?

I worry that 1200 calories might not be enough..for anybody...

« Reply #3184 on: June 28, 2016, 12:22:58 pm »
I worry that 1200 calories might not be enough..for anybody...
But it is. This isn't a controversial opinion, it's science. If someone's TDEE is 1200 calories than eating 1200 calories will not cause weight fluctuation. Eating 1100 will cause them to lose weight; 1300 will cause them to gain weight.

The idea that someone has a medical problem that makes them unable to lower their weight by eating less is pure fiction. Its a fiction invented to remove responsibility from hambeasts.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3185 on: June 28, 2016, 12:46:41 pm »
People who have been convicted of a crime have their right to vote taken away in many states.

the vast majority of heroin addicts are not convicts.

your ability to construct a coherent argument in support your hatred is about as good as my ability to notice that someone has already posted something ;D
<sig>

« Reply #3186 on: June 28, 2016, 12:57:37 pm »
the vast majority of heroin addicts are not convicts.
OK, if I wasn't clear on this point: I think we should have due process to confirm the fattie is fat BEFORE we take away their vote, someone shouldn't just randomly yell "FAT!" and point and that person doesn't get to vote that year as a result.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:03:33 pm by Julian, Authenticated LUXUROPHILE »
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #3187 on: June 28, 2016, 01:11:44 pm »
you know I love you.  you know I wanted you back.  but, I can not tell a lie . . . I really enjoyed the break from your non stop fat talk.  you are never going to change anything in reality or what anybody does.  no one cares what you think.  no one cares what anybody thinks. 

so, stop.  stop trying to change humanity.  you are not god; you are not iron man.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:15:16 pm by walk,on,by »

« Reply #3188 on: June 28, 2016, 01:33:14 pm »
you are never going to change anything in reality or what anybody does.  no one cares what you think.  no one cares what anybody thinks. 
Um, so messageboard over then?
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #3189 on: June 28, 2016, 02:05:40 pm »
my iron man line . . . still makes me giggle.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #3190 on: June 28, 2016, 03:27:44 pm »
you know I love you.  you know I wanted you back.  but, I can not tell a lie . . . I really enjoyed the break from your non stop fat talk.  you are never going to change anything in reality or what anybody does.  no one cares what you think.  no one cares what anybody thinks. 

so, stop.  stop trying to change humanity.  you are not god; you are not iron man.
See, that's what people tell me all the time since I'm a vegan [it's been 8 minutes, give me a break]. The problem is, 1 person CAN make a difference. I'm a firm believer in having to get a license or something to have a kid. Too many idiots are having kids and raising more stupid idiots to have more stupid idiot kids. This is leading to massive overpopulation and if we can try to help out fellow human beings and really the frickin planet we're living on, then why not?

This country already coddles way too many frickin people and with the internet reaching every corner of the planet stupidity is spreading faster than any other disease.
‼‼?‼‼

evilizac

« Reply #3191 on: June 28, 2016, 04:36:57 pm »
   One of the problems with obesity is that we live in a country (I can only speak for this one) that fetishises
eating the fattiest, butteriest, richest dougnuttiest foodstuffs. We treat it like those are the only food pleasures and that lettuce and fruit and water is garbage.
We also woefully under educate people on what proper diet is (I get it it should be self explanatory).
Example: my co-worker is currently on a ketogenic diet (of which I am a proponent) and I had to explain multiple times as to what items he couldn't eat (mainly all the things he usually does).
On the other hand, we celebrate the thin and pretty so if you can't be one (thin & pretty), you might as well have the other (fat and ostensibly happy).
   Finally I think the health services industry also under-serves us in that we get so little time with our doctors (we can't all have on call concierge health professionals, some of us are lucky to get 15 minutes with a NP once a year) that the best (most) they can (are willing to) do is tell us "you're fat" and then it's "see you in 12 months". I don't think people even know what 1200 calories looks like. 
WHAT?

« Reply #3192 on: June 28, 2016, 04:44:53 pm »
   One of the problems with obesity is that we live in a country (I can only speak for this one) that fetishises
eating the fattiest, butteriest, richest dougnuttiest foodstuffs. We treat it like those are the only food pleasures and that lettuce and fruit and water is garbage.
We also woefully under educate people on what proper diet is (I get it it should be self explanatory).
Example: my co-worker is currently on a ketogenic diet (of which I am a proponent) and I had to explain multiple times as to what items he couldn't eat (mainly all the things he usually does).
On the other hand, we celebrate the thin and pretty so if you can't be one (thin & pretty), you might as well have the other (fat and ostensibly happy).
   Finally I think the health services industry also under-serves us in that we get so little time with our doctors (we can't all have on call concierge health professionals, some of us are lucky to get 15 minutes with a NP once a year) that the best (most) they can (are willing to) do is tell us "you're fat" and then it's "see you in 12 months". I don't think people even know what 1200 calories looks like. 
I agree with virtually all of that. Your last sentence is also particularly on point. There's this British show called Secret Eaters (available on YouTube) that follows around obese people who claim to not be able to lose weight. One of the aspects of the show is they ask people to track how many calories they think they are consuming and then they compare it after a few days to the actual video record of what they ate. It's always -- every single episode -- thousands of calories underestimated. Several other research studies have shown the same thing: people with weight issues virtually always chronically underestimate their caloric intake. Someone is not obese on 2000 calories a day (conditions be damned); they're obese on 4000 calories a day that they self-report as 2000 calories a day.

The move to force restaurants to put up calorie readings is a good first step but we do need to do a better job as a society of teaching what 300 calories of meat/carrots/yogurt/almonds/etc looks like.

LVMH

shemptiness

« Reply #3193 on: June 28, 2016, 05:11:55 pm »

'Today, chickens are bred to be so large and produce so much meat that their weight can crush their limbs and immobilize them, said Leah Garces, U.S. director for Compassion in World Farming.'

Chickenbeasts!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/28/this-could-be-the-start-to-a-whole-new-world-of-chicken/?hpid=hp_no-name_hp-in-the-news%3Apage%2Fin-the-news

Space Freely

« Reply #3194 on: June 28, 2016, 08:05:13 pm »
Another terrorist attack in Turkey, it appears.

I'm just waiting for for a Christian to blow up an abortion clinic. Because, you know, apologists like to reply that Christians carry out terrorist attacks too.