Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602154 times)

hutch

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #3195 on: June 28, 2016, 08:13:33 pm »
Another terrorist attack in Turkey, it appears.

I'm just waiting for for a Christian to blow up an abortion clinic. Because, you know, apologists like to reply that Christians carry out terrorist attacks too.

Your point is so irrelevant.. I mean who cares? I accept your point up to a point (I Find people posting memes comparing the KKK to these terrorists ridiculous)..but then it seems like you're extending it to imply that apologists are responsible.. apologists are not carrying out the attacks.. and there are no magic solutions.... your point seems dangerously close to the patently idiotic "we have to call them radical islamic jihadists" of the republicans.. who cares what we call it? its terrorism..

The issue is how do you stop it...

Also lets keep in mind that this is in Turkey....a country that has not come even close to being helpful in the fight against terrorism....lets not even talk about the Kurds.... the context in the Middle East is very complicated... Turkey has done some very unsavory things I'm sure... nobody's hands are entirely clean even if it may appear to be a simple case of "the evil muslims" or even "ISIS"...  you have the whole Sunni (Saudi etc) vs Shiite (Iran) playin' out... there are no "good guys" that we can just easily pick sides... the weapons you give to the "rebels" on your side , you think, one day.. end up in the hands of the terrorists the next..

now if it makes you feel good to say some muslims are killing innocent people then that's great but you're just kind of stating the obvious... if you want to extend it to "there is something wrong with the muslim faith"... well, I'm afraid you'd lose me there but I am willing to concede there are quite a few people who profess faith in Islam that seem to have it in for our way of life...... so what? that is like saying the sun comes up tomorrow.... what do you propose we actually DO? THAT is the real issue....

Space Freely

« Reply #3196 on: June 28, 2016, 08:40:00 pm »

I'm just waiting for for a Christian to blow up an abortion clinic. Because, you know, apologists like to reply that Christians carry out terrorist attacks too.

Your point is so irrelevant.. I mean who cares? I accept your point up to a point (I Find people posting memes comparing the KKK to these terrorists ridiculous)..but then it seems like you're extending it to imply that apologists are responsible.. apologists are not carrying out the attacks.. and there are no magic solutions.... your point seems dangerously close to the patently idiotic "we have to call them radical islamic jihadists" of the republicans.. who cares what we call it? its terrorism..

Also lets keep in mind that this is in Turkey....a country that has not come even close to being helpful in the fight against terrorism....lets not even talk about the Kurds.... the context in the Middle East is very complicated... Turkey has done some very unsavory things I'm sure... nobody's hands are entirely clean even if it may appear to be a simple case of "the evil muslims" or even "ISIS"...  you have the whole Sunni (Saudi etc) vs Shiite (Iran) playin' out... there are no "good guys" that we can just easily pick sides... the weapons you give to the "rebels" on your side , you think, one day.. end up in the hands of the terrorists the next..

now if it makes you feel good to say some muslims are killing innocent people then that's great but you're just kind of stating the obvious... if you want to extend it to "there is something wrong with the muslim faith"... well, I'm afraid you'd lose me there but I am willing to concede there are quite a few people who profess faith in Islam that seem to have it in for our way of life...... so what? that is like saying the sun comes up tomorrow.... what do you propose we actually DO? THAT is the real issue....

I'm not a Muslim, I don't think there's much I can do about it. If there is, let me know.

hutch

« Reply #3197 on: June 28, 2016, 08:46:00 pm »

I'm not a Muslim, I don't think there's much I can do about it. If there is, let me know.

so you're just going to whine about how muslims hate us?

You know very well hundreds of millions... actually over a billion muslims are peaceful...

so in the end your point as is what??

A big complaint that some people refuse to say "muslims are the problem"??

I mean WTF Is your point dude? What are you trying to say?  I have some points and ideas I could lay out do you have ANYTHING to contribute other than tarring 1.4 billion people as terrorists?

Space Freely

« Reply #3198 on: June 28, 2016, 08:53:00 pm »
I never said Muslims were the problem, Islam is the problem. I agree, there are many peaceful Muslims. There are even some that believe in gender equality and gay marriage.

hutch

« Reply #3199 on: June 28, 2016, 08:57:40 pm »
I never said Muslims were the problem, Islam is the problem. I agree, there are many peaceful Muslims. There are even some that believe in gender equality and gay marriage.

so when you say "Islam is the problem" what do you mean when 1.4 billion Muslims believe in "Islam"?

You're just playing 8th grade semantics or something...

Look dude, if you have a case to make do it.. don't just just play your usual troll on this ok.... this is important... so far you have contributed NOTHING to resolving the problem.. we know there is a problem..... your one line "witty" retorts don't do anything....

You want to declare war on 1.4 billion muslims because they believe in "Islam" and "Islam" is responsible for terrorism (your assertion)

These people are not muslims.. they are terrorists pieces of human excrement.... saying they believe in god and have faith is giving them something they don't deserve and by association including all Muslims in the same bag.. that doesn't mean we can't have a discussion about what Muslims can do as a community to help prevent terrorism, etc....

But again, you propose NOTHING...

Space Freely

« Reply #3200 on: June 28, 2016, 09:01:58 pm »

so when you say "Islam is the problem" what do you mean when 1.4 billion Muslims believe in "Islam"?

Look dude, if you have a case to make do it.. don't just just play your usual troll on this ok.... this is important... so far you have contributed NOTHING to resolving the problem.. we know there is a problem..... your one line "witty" retorts don't do anything....

You want to declare war on 1.4 billion muslims because they believe in "Islam" and "Islam" is responsible for terrorism (your assertion)

These people are not muslims.. they are terrorists pieces of human excrement.... saying they believe in god and have faith is giving them something they don't deserve and by association including all Muslims in the same bag.. that doesn't mean we can't have a discussion about what Muslims can do as a community to help prevent terrorism, etc....

U misunderstand me. But that's ok, I don't think either of us are in a position to do anything about it anyway.

shemptiness

« Reply #3201 on: June 29, 2016, 08:42:46 pm »
The US Swim team has a guy named BJ Johnson.  His parents did this on purpose, right? 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3202 on: June 29, 2016, 08:52:06 pm »
😐 🎶

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3203 on: June 29, 2016, 10:15:31 pm »
The US Swim team has a guy named BJ Johnson.  His parents did this on purpose, right? 
Went to grade school with a dude named BJ Johnson. No joke. We were merciless to that kid. Sometimes we joked that BJ stood for "Butt Jalopy." Cruel AF, fam.
LVMH

bob72

« Reply #3204 on: June 29, 2016, 10:53:45 pm »
PENIS

hutch

« Reply #3205 on: June 30, 2016, 01:10:02 am »

U misunderstand me. But that's ok, I don't think either of us are in a position to do anything about it anyway.

actually you'd be surprised..but thinking about it is helpful...i have a whole plan to combat terrorism in fact...i cannot share it here though... (US govt if you're spying on this contact me..)

bottom line: you got nothing.. just a lot of "see, i'm right! its the muslims.. they are terrorists.."

shemptiness

« Reply #3206 on: June 30, 2016, 11:14:41 am »
Muslims aren't the problem, it's toddlers

walk,on,by

« Reply #3207 on: June 30, 2016, 11:47:55 am »
I am very stressed today.  sometimes, life wants you to think it is not worth it.  sometimes, it is hard to realize, you can only do so much.  why can't I be at the beach, like everyone else this weekend.

bob72

« Reply #3208 on: June 30, 2016, 03:40:12 pm »
newly awarded Apple infrared patent... discuss.
PENIS

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3209 on: June 30, 2016, 03:53:48 pm »
newly awarded Apple infrared patent... discuss.

great news for Android users ;D
<sig>