Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602132 times)

gavroche

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #4215 on: June 13, 2017, 09:26:59 am »
That's where I was leaning...but Perriello got the nod from Sanders/Warren...so that made me want to investigate more

Ed G is going to be a tough challenger and Northam...well...has the personality of a doorknob
I do like that the NRA hates Northam, but this is a pretty gun friendly state

I do like Perriello's stance on the “right-to-work” (hate that phrase...should be "right-to-destroy-unions")

I do like that they are both in support of Free community college and I really like the plan that Northam proposed: Free financial aid to community college...in exchange for a year of public service.
What I like about that is: The student will actually have a real job to put on their resume and references in addition to their degree.  That's really a big deal on getting your career started

Perriello really can't hide from his track record in congress...supporting an unsuccessful amendment to the Affordable Care Act that would have limited coverage of abortion in private health plans, supporting the National Rifle Association and accepting its endorsement, and backing oil drilling off the Virginia coast.
of course now he's against the Petro Power

I do question northam a little in that he voted for GW twice...but I'm willing to forgive that transgression

Wow didn't realize polling has them in a dead heat!
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-to-watch-for-in-virginias-gubernatorial-primaries/

Despite the unfortunate posturing on offshore Drilling Perriello is better on the environment.  He's against the two fracking pipelines and is refusing Dominion Money.

hutch

« Reply #4216 on: June 13, 2017, 11:52:53 am »

I do question northam a little in that he voted for GW twice...but I'm willing to forgive that transgression

He voted for George Washington???

the way I see it:

this VA primary is the election that will keep repeating itself until the bloodfest that will be the 2020 primary.... the Sanders candidate with very little experience but a lot of talking against the more seasoned guy backed by the democratic party establishment... the Sanders Faction has become our Tea Party..Northam is a guy who like Hillary has earned it... the one caveat is that Virginia is a pretty conservative state...but it also must be said that in today's topsy turvy world anything could happen in the fall...We really like our Representative Don Beyer and we got a robocall from him last night....of course backing Northam..as does the current Governor and Virginia's two national senators.. so its pretty clear.. the party and experience against the upstart being backed by the guys trying to overthrow the party.. Many do not know seem aware that Sanders only joined the Democratic Party a few months before running in the primaries..

People tell me I'm crazy but I really think Sanders will run in 2020.. and so will Biden..of course with two guys in their 70s and still three years away anything could happen...and I think Sanders will prevail and get the nomination..

« Reply #4217 on: June 13, 2017, 12:16:44 pm »
People tell me I'm crazy but I really think Sanders will run in 2020.. and so will Biden..of course with two guys in their 70s and still three years away anything could happen...and I think Sanders will prevail and get the nomination..
woah...now we have you on record for an early prognostication

you should start the
'why don't we just elect Bernie Sanders" thread
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #4218 on: June 13, 2017, 12:40:05 pm »
How about Jeff Merkley for 2020?

ggw

« Reply #4219 on: June 13, 2017, 12:46:09 pm »
Obama.  Michelle, that is.

hutch

« Reply #4220 on: June 13, 2017, 01:13:50 pm »
a ton of people will run... probably between 15-20 democrats..you will have your pick..

I will vote for any democratic nominee in the general..some i will be excited to do so.. and some I will not... but in the primaries so far the only guy I would campaign for or donate money to - the only guy that I really would like to see be the nominee- would be Al Franken whom I adore... .I'm doubtful he will run but I sure hope so..

I don't think Michelle Obama has any interest at all in running and as much as i love her I just can't see her nomination being anything other than divisive...I also don't believe we will see a female president in my lifetime.. If Hillary couldn't do it- the most qualified candidate in our history- I don't see any other woman doing it.. there are a whole hell of a lot of Americans that need to die off before we see that...

« Reply #4221 on: June 13, 2017, 01:28:19 pm »
well unlike Julian, I hope you live a long life and I don't think you are correct
she was qualified, but had major baggage and there was a large population that were brainwashed since the 90s to hate her even if the other candidate was Mephistopheles

for fucksakes, she won the popular vote by 3 million (wow trump finally stopped that stupid idea of the illegal votes...I never thought he'd let that drop)

I do think that there are 50 million that would be up for voting for the right woman candidate

I do think Michelle is an interesting pick, but I'm not really looking for a total novice like Donny "I'm new at this" Trump
and I kind of think that she doesn't want to be in the spot light.  I think she will be a player and kingmaker tho

I think Thin Lizzy from where there is a massive2shits will certainly make a run for it
I'm thinking she may have the power to pull a lot of the disaffected Trump voters who thought he would help lower middle class white people in the south and Midwest...when they realized they got bamboozled by a huckster
slack

hutch

« Reply #4222 on: June 13, 2017, 01:31:59 pm »

I think Thin Lizzy from where there is a massive2shits will certainly make a run for it

now this is writing!

A+

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4223 on: June 13, 2017, 01:35:48 pm »
well unlike Julian, I hope you live a long life
I don't have any ill will toward GGW. Where is this coming from?
LVMH

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4224 on: June 13, 2017, 01:37:51 pm »
I'm thinking she may have the power to pull a lot of the disaffected Trump voters who thought he would help lower middle class white people in the south and Midwest...when they realized they got bamboozled by a huckster
The idea that white middle class voters would ever let themselves acknowledge they were wrong is one of the most out of touch things you've ever said.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #4225 on: June 13, 2017, 01:40:23 pm »
I didn't say I don't plan to live a long life.. for purposes of this exercise I was thinking average lifespan for  a man.. somewhere in the 70s...I think the American people find it hard accepting their racism and sexism... she wasn't the "right" woman.. it can't be "any" woman.... how often did we hear that? well, you know what? she is the ONLY woman to even run for president for a major party and i think even her detractors would admit she didn't have it easy..

the fact is the american people are currently stuck in a noxious blame hillary for all our travails...republicans hate her and democrats think she was the problem.. this is of course baloney but it helps people sleep at night....its harder to look in the mirror.

ggw

« Reply #4226 on: June 13, 2017, 01:44:47 pm »
Please explain the statement that Hillary was "the most qualified candidate in history." 

hutch

« Reply #4227 on: June 13, 2017, 01:46:11 pm »
Please explain the statement that Hillary was "the most qualified candidate in history."

why? I have an appointment to lie on some rocks and be jabbed with burning hot pokers I'd rather get to..

gavroche

« Reply #4228 on: June 13, 2017, 02:04:37 pm »
I didn't say I don't plan to live a long life.. for purposes of this exercise I was thinking average lifespan for  a man.. somewhere in the 70s...I think the American people find it hard accepting their racism and sexism... she wasn't the "right" woman.. it can't be "any" woman.... how often did we hear that? well, you know what? she is the ONLY woman to even run for president for a major party and i think even her detractors would admit she didn't have it easy..

the fact is the american people are currently stuck in a noxious blame Hillary for all our travails...republicans hate her and democrats think she was the problem.. this is of course baloney but it helps people sleep at night....its harder to look in the mirror.

Hillary Clinton was unable to article why she wanted to be president or what she would do to help Americans.  She was too close to the banks and Wall Street Money.  She was incredibly timid and cautious.  She thought she could win simply by making it a critique of Trump and the crazy shit he said. 

I'm ready for the Sanders wing of the Democratic party.  I don't care if he was never a Democrat before the election.  I don't see party allegiance as a valuable thing (though I expect the party apparatus to close ranks around its own like it did with Hillary).  In fact, the problem right now is that the Republicans have entirely too much party allegiance. 

Perriello is exciting because he's willing to challenge money in VA politics and the absurd campaign contribution laws.  He's exciting because he helped found a dynamic organization like Avaaz.  Unfortunately, he was too cautious in the House and those votes are hurting him as he tries to express the progressive vision.

ggw

« Reply #4229 on: June 13, 2017, 02:29:43 pm »

why? I have an appointment to lie on some rocks and be jabbed with burning hot pokers I'd rather get to..

Translation: "I heard other people saying it, so I'm just parroting them."