Author Topic: Official 930 Club Replacements Echostage May 8 Show  (Read 85571 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Official 930 Club Replacements Echostage May 8 Show
« Reply #345 on: June 06, 2015, 09:35:37 am »
I am so happy I caught them when I did and that I made the effort to see a couple shows. They were never a polished band (except maybe on "I Will Dare", which is a perfect pop song) but damn what great music they made, and it was fun to be reminded of that. I was skeptical about the reunion performances, but they were so good. Sad that Westerberg feels like he betrayed the legacy of the band, but at least he gave a lot of joy to people while he did it.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #346 on: June 07, 2015, 09:02:30 am »
I am so happy I caught them when I did and that I made the effort to see a couple shows. They were never a polished band (except maybe on "I Will Dare", which is a perfect pop song) but damn what great music they made, and it was fun to be reminded of that. I was skeptical about the reunion performances, but they were so good. Sad that Westerberg feels like he betrayed the legacy of the band, but at least he gave a lot of joy to people while he did it.

I am lucky and greedy and got to see them 5 times on this run. From Riot Fest in Chicago 2013 to the Festival Pier in Philly. It all coincided with a very difficult period of time for me, and I felt like having the cobbled-together vestiges of one of my favorite bands and all of the similarly thrilled fans around was really helpful and (probably) destructive all at once.

Rusty Shackleford

« Reply #347 on: June 21, 2015, 11:13:35 am »
Someone has posted a pretty good recording of this show at DIME.

hemisphire

« Reply #348 on: June 22, 2015, 03:59:19 pm »
Someone has posted a pretty good recording of this show at DIME.

It was still recorded at Echostage, so not so great, but not quite as bass heavy as the version that was posted here earlier.