Author Topic: A rolling compendium of everything Julian eats: a guide to healthy living  (Read 106845 times)

Relaxer

Multi-grain cheerios in the morning w/ skim milk
Garden salad with chicken and fruit and yogurt for lunch.
Banana and protein shake post-gym
Almonds as a snack
Garden burger or tuna for dinner.
No, see, you're just giving a sample menu.

I am going to literally do this in real time (or as close as I can get to real time without being socially rude) for a few months so people get an idea how to space their food, etc.

Oh, I see, gotcha. Carry on.
To clarify -- this is what I eat every day. I find meals that I like and that are healthy and I stick with them for years.
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
To clarify -- this is what I eat every day. I find meals that I like and that are healthy and I stick with them for years.
Well, whatever works for you, sir.
LVMH

If this is you and you're on reddit (I think you've mentioned the site before), send a pic of yourself with your handle on a piece of paper to the mods on /r/fatpeoplehate and you can get some flare and invites to private shitlord only subs.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

Multi-grain cheerios in the morning w/ skim milk
Garden salad with chicken and fruit and yogurt for lunch.
Banana and protein shake post-gym
Almonds as a snack
Garden burger or tuna for dinner.

Result:

is that really you . . . because you need to be on grindr, stat.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
1/2 bagel cream cheese
greek yogurt
3 handfuls raw almonds
1000 calories of Chipotle
3:30 banana
6 handfuls raw almonds

6 handfuls?
that could be 12-200 almonds?
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
I just grabbed a handful.  There were 10 almonds.

Though this picture would mislead you into thinking I was eating more than that.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:45:25 pm by grateful »

so is the # the time and not the qty of handfuls?

as 90 almonds is lot
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
Ahh sorry for the confusion.  The only time listed is 3:30.  As in, "oh hey, its almost time for my 3:30 banana".

I don't always have morning almonds.  I did today because I was especially hungry.  Afternoon snack is a 3:30 banana and a buncha almonds.  Buncha being the key unit of measure.

i am gay and i like cats

Jesus Christ . . . It must suck to be a slave to food.  Since high school, almost 40 now, I eat what I want, when ever I want, and don't gain weight.  I have weighed 215 - 220 for the past 20 years.  if i only drink water and no alcohol, I drop to about 200.  Now I am back at the gym because I want to, beat up people.

Jesus Christ . . . It must suck to be a slave to food.  Since high school, almost 40 now, I eat what I want, when ever I want, and don't gain weight.  I have weighed 215 - 220 for the past 20 years.  if i only drink water and no alcohol, I drop to about 200.  Now I am back at the gym because I want to, beat up people.
You're fat!! The logic of "you eat what you want" when you are currently overweight is staggering. Enjoy the 'beetus!
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺

Oh I don't have rules about food.  I too eat however much I want and never gain weight - still 155.  

I think I have different ideas about what food is than most people.  For me, food generally doesn't come from a box, a bag, a carton or a drive-thru.  The edible things that you'll find in those places are things I don't want to consume since they don't register as food.  I've seen the effects on people who eat that stuff, and I choose not to do that to myself.

Just because something is edible does not make it food.  It must suck to be a slave to not food.

FWIW, the idea of a 3:30 banana came about because I bring a banana with me as an afternoon snack.  After months (years?) of doing this, I noticed that I almost always got hungry at around 3:30.  Once I connected those two ideas, the name stuck.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:17:57 pm by grateful »

challenged

• Instagram
I have, become, slave to,
this non-food; but 6'1" 160,

i am gay and i like cats

You're fat!! The logic of "you eat what you want" when you are currently overweight is staggering. Enjoy the 'beetus!

dudesteroni, im almost 6,5.  I am so not overweight, at all, except for my fat . . .

killsaly

6' 5" at 215 lbs = 25.5 BMI (falls into the overweight category)

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

(not that I care or it matters, I just wanted to participate in the thread)

my own:
5'9" at 155 lbs = 22.9 (normal)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:56:59 pm by killsaly »