Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 921051 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #3075 on: June 01, 2017, 10:23:40 am »
drain the swamp, then re-fill it with even worse:

Trump Exempts Entire Senior Staff From White House Ethics Rules
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #3076 on: June 01, 2017, 04:34:29 pm »
Weather.com home page trollin' the orange man.

Yada

« Reply #3077 on: June 01, 2017, 05:10:31 pm »
Witnesses: Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train

Is it, wrong of me to live by the motto, don't ever get involved?  Good Samaritans,  can equal a deadly charity, in the blink of an eye.

Depends if you're a giant fuckin' puss or not.

« Reply #3078 on: June 02, 2017, 05:10:31 pm »
looks like Bloomberg will be paying for the Paris climate change at the UN
http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/02/news/michael-bloomberg-trump-paris-climate/index.html

one of the few republicans I actually like...

slack

hutch

« Reply #3079 on: June 02, 2017, 05:30:37 pm »
http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/02/news/michael-bloomberg-trump-paris-climate/index.html

He is not a Republican.... by any measure I can think of....I guess he is nominally a Republican because he used the Republican Party banner to become Mayor of NYC but I mean look at him on issues...

« Reply #3080 on: June 03, 2017, 09:58:27 am »

He is not a Republican.... by any measure I can think of....I guess he is nominally a Republican because he used the Republican Party banner to become Mayor of NYC but I mean look at him on issues...

I know that...I just like to say that I don't hate all republican politicians ...just most of them
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3081 on: June 03, 2017, 12:30:45 pm »

I know that...I just like to say that I don't hate all republican politicians ...just most of them

Name some Republicans that you don't hate. Better yet, name some Republican positions you agree with.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 12:32:20 pm by Space Freely »

Space Freely

« Reply #3082 on: June 08, 2017, 12:22:37 pm »
Md. boy draws GOP elephant defecating on Trump's head, receives 100 percent on assignment

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/259568749-story

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3083 on: June 16, 2017, 10:28:27 am »
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3084 on: June 16, 2017, 02:55:39 pm »
of course violence is not the answer..

but I can empathize with a sense of outrage and utter powerlessness but not the violence....... like what is somebody to do? the president and his party literally keep beating up on those that disagree with no respect for the constitution, democracy or anything....

sometimes i feel it is better to just ignore it all for right now.... let him overplay his hand...but some of the stuff he is doing is just so bad..its hard not to become enraged..President Obama did some very good things..to see this sad sack of shit undoing them all- in many cases for no good reason other than petty vindictiveness- makes me sad..

the opening towards Cuba for example..was long long overdue...the only people he is going to hurt are those that were running small businesses in Cuba to benefit from US tourism... the people that run the place will be dandy

« Reply #3085 on: June 16, 2017, 03:34:43 pm »
I know of all the things to focus on ...Cuba, come on man
can't imagine that breaks the top 500 most important things facing Americans (other than a loud contingent in S FLA)

slack

« Reply #3086 on: June 22, 2017, 02:55:00 pm »
I made the mistake of looking at the pizzagate hash tag on twitter and conspiracy theory regarding Comet Ping pong pizza continues to cycle out of control.. It's amazing what people without critical thinking skills can weave together from illegally obtained info..
Glad to hear this guy got convicted for 4 years today..
what an idiot
slack

hutch

« Reply #3087 on: June 22, 2017, 06:24:48 pm »
so basically things are like they were before the election after six months of the Trump surreality show..week after week we are told about how Trump just had his worst week yet.. how he might even resign or be impeached..drama drama drama..he made this mistake that mistake and the other mistake... how can this go on? can it go on? It can't go on!..he's going down.....polls tell us his approval rating (just like his favorability rating was before the election) is at "historical lows"...he is dragging down the entire Republican Party we're told.. they won't be able to hold the house (before)/we'll take over the house in the midterms (now).... and yet, just like with the general election the Republicans are winning...they've won the four elections we've seen since the general... and newsflash to those who conveniently choose to blame Hillary Clinton for Trump's win in 2016.. Hillary has not been on the ballot in any of those ...yet we've lost them all..even ones where democrats pumped in a ton of money (just like democratic supporters did with Hillary who outspent Trump by large amounts) yet on the democratic side there is this widespread perception that he can't possibly be reelected... many think he can't even make it to the general election..many argue it won't even matter cause he will be impeached long before... by a Republican controlled Senate? That is just not going to happen...

My belief is that the democratic party is too focused on certain issues that simply do not resonate with large swathes of the American electorate.. for example, standing up for the rights of illegal immigrants is a LOSER..there are other similar issues that while I happen to agree with the democratic party simply do not carry weight with a majority of the American people..we can argue about why that is but it is what it is...I think the democratic party needs more focus on issues that are not related to discrimination, the rights of illegal immigrants, the environment, etc etc.. of course these issues are critical but if the perception is that they are our bread and butter issues and all we talk about we will keep losing while Trump continues to tell people he is the number one jobs creator ever made by God... and if we focus on a daily basis on this meeting between someone in the Trump campaign and the Russians we will also lose... people just don't care or i should say, we need some people who don't care about those issues to find a reason to vote D.... if we want to do something.. what WE want about racism, discrimination, immigration, the environment, Russia.. then we have to win elections and those issues are LOSERs by themselves... ....unfortunately..it is not enough...Hillary relying on those issues plus "He's crazy!"  even with vast more amounts of money was not enough...I don't think it will be enough in the future either..barring some calamity which I hope does not come to pass it is highly likely that Trump will be reelected..

Space Freely

« Reply #3088 on: June 22, 2017, 09:04:08 pm »
so basically things are like they were before the election after six months of the Trump surreality show..week after week we are told about how Trump just had his worst week yet.. how he might even resign or be impeached..drama drama drama..he made this mistake that mistake and the other mistake... how can this go on? can it go on? It can't go on!..he's going down.....polls tell us his approval rating (just like his favorability rating was before the election) is at "historical lows"...he is dragging down the entire Republican Party we're told.. they won't be able to hold the house (before)/we'll take over the house in the midterms (now).... and yet, just like with the general election the Republicans are winning...they've won the four elections we've seen since the general... and newsflash to those who conveniently choose to blame Hillary Clinton for Trump's win in 2016.. Hillary has not been on the ballot in any of those ...yet we've lost them all..even ones where democrats pumped in a ton of money (just like democratic supporters did with Hillary who outspent Trump by large amounts) yet on the democratic side there is this widespread perception that he can't possibly be reelected... many think he can't even make it to the general election..many argue it won't even matter cause he will be impeached long before... by a Republican controlled Senate? That is just not going to happen...

My belief is that the democratic party is too focused on certain issues that simply do not resonate with large swathes of the American electorate.. for example, standing up for the rights of illegal immigrants is a LOSER..there are other similar issues that while I happen to agree with the democratic party simply do not carry weight with a majority of the American people..we can argue about why that is but it is what it is...I think the democratic party needs more focus on issues that are not related to discrimination, the rights of illegal immigrants, the environment, etc etc.. of course these issues are critical but if the perception is that they are our bread and butter issues and all we talk about we will keep losing while Trump continues to tell people he is the number one jobs creator ever made by God... and if we focus on a daily basis on this meeting between someone in the Trump campaign and the Russians we will also lose... people just don't care or i should say, we need some people who don't care about those issues to find a reason to vote D.... if we want to do something.. what WE want about racism, discrimination, immigration, the environment, Russia.. then we have to win elections and those issues are LOSERs by themselves... ....unfortunately..it is not enough...Hillary relying on those issues plus "He's crazy!"  even with vast more amounts of money was not enough...I don't think it will be enough in the future either..barring some calamity which I hope does not come to pass it is highly likely that Trump will be reelected..

Very well said but what issues do you think would be winners for the Dems?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3089 on: June 23, 2017, 02:20:01 pm »
White House Warns Reporters Not to Report on Instructions About Not Reporting on Thursday’s Press Conference

"The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

<sig>