Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 905112 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #315 on: December 08, 2015, 06:12:08 pm »
yup, this guy is pure leadership material.

Trump says ?closing that Internet? is a good way to fight terrorism
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/12/trump-wants-bill-gates-to-help-close-that-internet-from-terrorists/
<sig>

« Reply #316 on: December 08, 2015, 06:14:10 pm »

Also, you never really see a mass shooting carried out by the overweight, now do you?  Perhaps the skinny amongst us are the true danger.
I mean, that's about as sensical as what Hutch and Rhett have been spewing in  this thread for thelast 48 hours.
I don't know...Jaded might be on to something here
I don't think any of the mass shooters in the US were over a 26 BMI
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #317 on: December 08, 2015, 06:25:11 pm »
some of these GIFs are too sophisticated for me...
Bigots do, generally, lack sophistication and refinement.

no recourse but name calling eh?

I do have a problem with muslims whose belief is jihad against America.. seems to me they are the bigots..I'd rather keep them out and err on the side of caution....

Hutch, that's about all you're going to get out of this crowd is namecalling rather than honest dialogue. Even when what you (and I mean you, Hutch) say is measured and intelligently put forth in a non-troll like fashion.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #318 on: December 08, 2015, 06:58:59 pm »
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #319 on: December 08, 2015, 06:59:33 pm »
yup, this guy is pure leadership material.

Trump says ?closing that Internet? is a good way to fight terrorism
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/12/trump-wants-bill-gates-to-help-close-that-internet-from-terrorists/

He namedrops Bill Gates not because Gates is an internet guru (which he's not) but because Gates is the only COM-PU-TER guy that his supporters have heard of.
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #320 on: December 08, 2015, 07:00:56 pm »
I don't hate muslims at all... there is nothing hateful about saying that maybe we should consider slowing down the number of muslims we let into America because, you know, they seem to have some sort of problem with us so lets cool it a bit....

there is something quite hateful about saying that.  you can't discriminate against the 99.999% because there is an evil 0.001%.  
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #321 on: December 08, 2015, 07:12:32 pm »
some of these GIFs are too sophisticated for me...
Bigots do, generally, lack sophistication and refinement.

no recourse but name calling eh?

I do have a problem with muslims whose belief is jihad against America.. seems to me they are the bigots..I'd rather keep them out and err on the side of caution....

Again, how do you propose identifying and eliminating the targets of your policy?

Space Freely

« Reply #322 on: December 08, 2015, 07:31:10 pm »
I don't hate muslims at all... there is nothing hateful about saying that maybe we should consider slowing down the number of muslims we let into America because, you know, they seem to have some sort of problem with us so lets cool it a bit....

there is something quite hateful about saying that.  you can't discriminate against the 99.999% because there is an evil 0.001%.  

I think he already explained that immigration is a privilege, not a right. We're the one's providing the privilege, we make the rules.

Do you really think the evil is only 0.001%? As in only i in out of every 100,000 (foreign) Muslims are radical or hold sympathies with radical thought?  Al Jazeera would argue otherwise.

http://www.commdiginews.com/featured/al-jazeera-poll-suggests-81-of-arab-muslims-support-isis-42253/

Or how about this one?

Quarter of British Muslims sympathise with Charlie Hebdo terrorists
Some 27 per cent of British Muslims sympathise with Paris gunmen, while more than one in ten say satirical cartoons "deserve" to be attacked

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11433776/Quarter-of-British-Muslims-sympathise-with-Charlie-Hebdo-terrorists.html

If someone gave you a case of KBS and told you there were a couple of bottles with undetectable, letha1 doses of poison in them, would you discriminate against Founders and throw the who case away?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 07:33:23 pm by Space Freely »

killsaly

« Reply #323 on: December 08, 2015, 07:35:48 pm »
/

vansmack

« Reply #324 on: December 08, 2015, 07:54:23 pm »
How do you screen for Muslim?  Do you just know them when you see them?  Do you rely on them to report their religion accurately?

Shibboleth
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #325 on: December 08, 2015, 07:57:40 pm »
How do you screen for Muslim?  Do you just know them when you see them?  Do you rely on them to report their religion accurately?

Shibboleth
POTW.
LVMH

« Reply #326 on: December 09, 2015, 12:06:10 pm »
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #327 on: December 09, 2015, 12:14:27 pm »

Have your fat postings been permanently moved to this thread?

I'll bite on this one. Pierce Brosnan and Hugh Jackman both have wives that are not skinny.

« Reply #328 on: December 09, 2015, 12:35:52 pm »
Well, some people didn't like them in random thoughts. I figure the best compromise was I continue to post them in a way that interrupts the Hutch and Rhett Islamophobia Hour.

I'll bite on this one. Pierce Brosnan and Hugh Jackman both have wives that are not skinny.
Don't let facts get in the way of fat people convincing themselves they're oppressed.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #329 on: December 09, 2015, 12:54:27 pm »
Well, some people didn't like them in random thoughts. I figure the best compromise was I continue to post them in a way that interrupts the Hutch and Rhett Islamophobia Hour.

Don't let facts get in the way of fat people convincing themselves they're oppressed.

Well that's a novel and new form of censorship. Not sure how effective that is, but I'll give you creativity points. Typically genius Julian.

Another way to get opinions you don't like to go away is to offer some substantive counterpoints to convince your opponent that their opinion is incorrect.

Another option is to ignore the posts, eventually the person will realize they have no audience and stop posting. And even if they don't, they're being ignored, so what does it matter?