Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904683 times)

Relaxer

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #420 on: December 21, 2015, 10:59:45 am »
oword

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #421 on: December 23, 2015, 04:53:18 pm »
😐 🎶

killsaly

« Reply #422 on: December 29, 2015, 02:06:56 pm »
A conservative group made a pretty funny video mocking Trump and his supporters.
https://youtu.be/rN1HKMyJAro

I saw it at:
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/trump_fans_viciously_lampooned_by_new_video1
When I watched this the first time, I wasn?t aware of the fact that it was actually produced by a group of conservatives, the Public Integrity Alliance of Arizona, a nonprofit largely made up of East Valley Republicans. Frankly one doesn?t expect to see something legitimately amusing coming from Republican quarters?as everyone knows Republicans aren?t funny. But this is excellent, a pitch-perfect country-rock video starring Phoenix-based comedian Brian Nissen?s redneck ?Dwain? character, a mullet-wearing simpleton who wants to ?make America great again? by voting for a blustering, buffoonish billionaire who believes American wages are too high, that we need a border wall to keep out all of the Muslims and Mexicans and all kinds of other silly stuff tailored to the basest of the GOP base? Perhaps you know who he?s talking about?

« Reply #423 on: December 30, 2015, 11:54:34 am »
slack

hutch

« Reply #424 on: December 31, 2015, 10:52:37 am »
I'm starting to get a bit anxious about a trump win in the primaries.... he just has this uncanny ability to make great points...notice the attack on Bill and Hillary due to Bill's being a dog...by my count that is his fourth time making a point that really resonates with the American people- rightly or wrongly is not the issue- even though maybe nobody else wants to say it:

1. build a wall/Mexican immigrants rapists/they send their worst
2. Bush did not keep us safe
3. keep muslims out
4. Hillary and Bill last people who should talk about women's rights given his record with women and her role supporting him etc.

compare that to the other Republican candidates... it is interesting to compare a Trump candidacy to that of Andrew Jackson

« Reply #425 on: December 31, 2015, 11:23:44 am »
making a point that really resonates with the American people- rightly or wrongly is not the issue- even though maybe nobody else wants to say it:

3. keep muslims out
4. Hillary and Bill last people who should talk about women's rights given his record with women and her role supporting him etc.

compare that to the other Republican candidates... it is interesting to compare a Trump candidacy to that of Andrew Jackson

How can you say 'rightly or wrongly is not the issue'

I mean In U.S., 42% Believe Creationist View of Human Origins

Just because ignorance resonates with Americans, should we laud that
I think the GOP is doomed in a national election...primaries really mean nothing
only problem is they hate liberals SOOO much that they would vote for Dezz Nuts before voting for Hillary

Also laughable to see him criticize anyone on women's issues
He is absolutely horrible and to boot he was very pro-liberal on many women's issues in the past

some how he is getting a pass on that though?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 11:26:57 am by Sidehatch 🍺 |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| 🍺 »
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #426 on: December 31, 2015, 11:29:32 am »
This is probably the most fucking stupid thing you've ever said and that's a pretty high bar.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #427 on: December 31, 2015, 11:36:47 am »
This is probably the most fucking stupid thing you've ever said and that's a pretty high bar.

I don't think it is the most stupid thing I have ever said.. I realize you are a Hillary supporter- as am I- but take your blinders off for a second... what Bill did with Monica was pretty much a crime given she worked for him... Hillary standing by him through multiple bimbo eruptions is a fact...

Trump may have divorced and said horrible things about women but that is different than having a sexual relationship with an intern

« Reply #428 on: December 31, 2015, 11:43:05 am »
Hillary standing by him through multiple bimbo eruptions is a fact...
I disagree that standing by him was a mistake, but what do I know
while yes, it was a crime, somewhat minor considering she was a consenting adult
IMO
slack

« Reply #429 on: December 31, 2015, 11:49:29 am »

I don't think it is the most stupid thing I have ever said.. I realize you are a Hillary supporter- as am I- but take your blinders off for a second... what Bill did with Monica was pretty much a crime given she worked for him... Hillary standing by him through multiple bimbo eruptions is a fact...

Trump may have divorced and said horrible things about women but that is different than having a sexual relationship with an intern
It has nothing to do with being a Hillary supporter. The idea that "Hillary [is one of the] last people who should talk about women's rights given [her husbands affair]" is insulting to women everywhere. Should the Jews be the last people to talk about ethnic cleansing? After all, if they really were so anti-ethnic cleansing, they wouldn't have let themselves get all Holocausted.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #430 on: December 31, 2015, 04:09:19 pm »

It has nothing to do with being a Hillary supporter. The idea that "Hillary [is one of the] last people who should talk about women's rights given [her husbands affair]" is insulting to women everywhere. Should the Jews be the last people to talk about ethnic cleansing? After all, if they really were so anti-ethnic cleansing, they wouldn't have let themselves get all Holocausted.

I agree with you on that point but it is irrelevant.. with a large swathe of the electorate- and particularly the Republican one- what Trump is doing with his Clinton comments is brilliant... I was watching on CNN.. they had a guy who used work for Bill and a guy who supports Trump... the Trump guy ate him for lunch.. all the Bill guy could say is "its so low" and "disgusting".... he simply looked stunned and depressed.... You think Republican voters care? They are loving it!

And a guy who is able to repeatedly say to people what they want to hear may be a demagogue...but he is dangerous

Since you saw fit to insult me (why the insults man?? ) I urge you to take a reading course.. I said "rightly or wrongly" .. I never said whether I agreed with it or not...  There is almost this reflexive reaction by some of you that anything Trump says must be horrible and we can't even credit him with being politically saavy..come on now.

And just for the record.. I do think Bill Clinton was a total sleaze... I did not vote for him in 1992 and I have never wavered in that belief (although in 1996 I did vote for him... the 1994 Gingrich "revolution" was just too much to take).. history only proved me right.

« Reply #431 on: December 31, 2015, 04:17:25 pm »
There is almost this reflexive reaction by some of you that anything Trump says must be horrible and we can't even credit him with being politically saavy..come on now.
I consider something politically savvy when it, you know, wins elections. Being ahead in the polls this far out is completely irrelevant. Check out who was leading in past elections at this time. I put Donald Trump's level of political savvy about on par with President Mike Huckabee's, President Rudy Guliani, and President Howard Dean's.

Trump will not get the nomination. And if by some miracle he did, the democrat would win in the biggest landslide election in history. Saying bullshit insanity that renders 75% of America completely unwilling to consider your candidacy is the antithesis of political savvy; its the trademark of someone who is simply interested in publicity for their next venture.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 04:20:09 pm by Carlos Spicyweiner, a Julian®©? BRAND »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #432 on: December 31, 2015, 04:19:57 pm »
making a point that really resonates with the American people- rightly or wrongly is not the issue- even though maybe nobody else wants to say it:

3. keep muslims out

How can you say 'rightly or wrongly is not the issue'

I mean In U.S., 42% Believe Creationist View of Human Origins

Just because ignorance resonates with Americans, should we laud that
I think the GOP is doomed in a national election...primaries really mean nothing
only problem is they hate liberals SOOO much that they would vote for Dezz Nuts before voting for Hillary

Also laughable to see him criticize anyone on women's issues
He is absolutely horrible and to boot he was very pro-liberal on many women's issues in the past

some how he is getting a pass on that though?

you're so naïve... getting elected is convincing people to vote for you.. not sure why you have difficulty with this concept....

primaries mean nothing? ha hah a.... it means nothing who the nominees are?

the election is almost a year away... a lot can happen in a year.... we could, god forbid, have a massive terrorist attack.. how do you like Hillary's chances then?? the economy could slow down.. a lot of things could happen

and the election will not be decided by head to head matchup polls today- but as usual- by voters in Ohio, Florida, Virginia... or do you see the democratic nominee winning the deep south states??? Do you believe Republicans will suddenly win California and New York??? You think democrats will win Texas??

of course not..

hutch

« Reply #433 on: December 31, 2015, 04:21:00 pm »
Julian please also read what I wrote above even though it was directed at Sidehatch it applies equally to you.

« Reply #434 on: January 01, 2016, 10:39:09 pm »
leading in past elections at this time.

Hard to remember that Barry didn't have a strong lead at this point in the game.
This kind off look back does make people catch their breath a liittle and realize there is a lot of time between now and Nov 8th
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:44:36 pm by Sidehatch 🍺 |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| 🍺 »
slack