Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 919335 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #616 on: February 04, 2016, 01:16:38 pm »
ha ha the ragin cajun.. so funny

"Well, you can't be any more progressive than Bernie Sanders.. I mean???"

so true......

« Reply #617 on: February 04, 2016, 01:34:32 pm »

so true......
well except on gun control...but for all the pros in my mind, I'm willing to give him a pass

Hil is going to crush in VA primaries, so I'll be voting for the sandman
if it's a nail biter in VA, I'll have to wrestle with my conscience
slack

hutch

« Reply #618 on: February 04, 2016, 01:35:32 pm »

so true......
well except on gun control...but for all the pros in my mind, I'm willing to give him a pass

Hil is going to crush in VA primaries, so I'll be voting for the sandman
if it's a nail biter in VA, I'll have to wrestle with my conscience

i don't think you understand the way Carville meant it...

« Reply #619 on: February 04, 2016, 01:37:37 pm »

i don't think you understand the way Carville meant it...
didn't watch the vid  ;D
slack

hutch

« Reply #620 on: February 04, 2016, 01:44:35 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #621 on: February 04, 2016, 02:34:37 pm »
MUST CHECK OUT: http://trumpdonald.org/
<sig>

walk,on,by

« Reply #622 on: February 04, 2016, 02:40:34 pm »
What does it mean if trump wins new Hampshire, like everyone is saying he is?

vansmack

« Reply #623 on: February 04, 2016, 02:47:23 pm »
What does it mean if trump wins new Hampshire, like everyone is saying he is?

Nothing.

The primaries don't really start to matter until South Carolina and then Super Tuesday.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #624 on: February 04, 2016, 02:51:56 pm »
The primaries don't really start to matter until South Carolina and then Super Tuesday.
Shh... don't let facts get in the way of the "Trump is a savvy politician who is winning the nomination" narrative that keeps getting discussed on here.
LVMH

« Reply #625 on: February 04, 2016, 02:55:18 pm »
what is a little scary is the title of this thread was I'm sure pure snark

it's crazy how close to reality that prediction might be...Sweets might need to hook me up with canuck couch I can surf for 4-8 years if so
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #626 on: February 04, 2016, 02:59:41 pm »
I went for a long run at lunch and thought about nothing but the election. I hate to say it, but I am starting to realize that we're in for President Rubio.

I don't know exactly what happens in NH for the GOP but I don't think it matters. Trump's star is in its decline and the GOP is going to let him flame himself out. Trump was all about being perceived as a winner and now that fantasy has been pricked, he's going to decline to middle of the pack and then he's absolutely done.

Meanwhile, the race is going to come down to Cruz vs Rubio, and there is not one person in the universe, apart from his wife, that can look at Ted Cruz's fat fucking face for so long without vomiting. Plus, Rubio's battles with Cruz will make him appear much more moderate, reasonable and attractive. While starting off slow-ish in Iowa and even possibly NH, he starts to really pick up as Trump fades. He becomes the "Oh thank god" candidate and he secures the nomination.

Meanwhile, Hillary and Bernie continue to pound each other out, and this drags into March/April. Hillary, suddenly realizing she's getting Baracked again, goes intensely negative. Bernie responds in turn, and by the time Hillary limps over the finish line, she's badly wounded. Even worse, the perception will be that she barely beat someone she should've trounced, while Rubio defeated the evil forces conspiring to kill the Republican Party. To middle-of-the-spectrum undecideds, Rubio seems energetic, poised, passionate, plus voting for the first Hispanic president gives everyone a warm feeling.

Going into the general, Rubio will have major wind at his back as the GOP breathes a sigh of relief that they didn't shit the bed completely with Trump or Cruz. Plus here's their chance to get the White House back! Republicans are fired up and ready to go. Meanwhile, Hillary has crushed the hopes and dreams of the progressives who were inspired by Bernie. She'll still have her defenders but she'll get frantic when Rubio consistently polls better than her, and her shrillness will thoroughly turn off those Democrats who would've sucked it up and voted for her. On Election Day, Rubio wins decidedly.

oword

« Reply #627 on: February 04, 2016, 03:18:46 pm »
. He becomes the "Oh thank god" candidate and he secures the nomination.
relaxer, you never cease with your awesomeness
plus voting for the first Hispanic president gives everyone a warm feeling.

I highly doubt the people who want to build a wall and kick out 12 million will go to the polls to vote for Rico suave

But you do have a really salient point on the independents...who are pretty much the largest political party

oh boy

We are really in trouble if isis beheads some blond cheerleader
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #628 on: February 04, 2016, 03:24:20 pm »
. He becomes the "Oh thank god" candidate and he secures the nomination.
relaxer, you never cease with your awesomeness
plus voting for the first Hispanic president gives everyone a warm feeling.

I highly doubt the people who want to build a wall and kick out 12 million will go to the polls to vote for Rico suave

But you do have a really salient point on the independents...who are pretty much the largest political party

oh boy

We are really in trouble if isis beheads some blond cheerleader

Well thank you.
That said, I think the moderate Republicans and in-the-middles all blanched silently at Trump's immigration proposal. That was red-meat ignorance served up to idiots who think voting in the primary means "There I done voted and don't got to again for 4 years so is Trump presodent now?"

Now I would almost wonder if some ISIS action would actually benefit Hillary. My concern on her is that she's a secret hawk, and if there's an international incident, she's going to go Steel Thatcher on everyone and Rubio's voice is going to start quivering again and he'll be all

oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #629 on: February 04, 2016, 03:25:45 pm »
He becomes the "Oh thank god" candidate and he secures the nomination.
Or as I or Nate Silver would call it "the person the party establishment rallies around."
LVMH