Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904716 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #690 on: February 10, 2016, 10:45:06 am »
The Nightly Show has been on top of their game lately.  The other night they showed the two Rudio  ads airing on Iowa and New Hampshire which use the same script except with different people saying the lines.  Dude is p lagiarizing himself..
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:47:18 am by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #691 on: February 10, 2016, 10:45:23 am »
as if the parties are failing to represent what the American people want...and outsiders are hijacking them..

"as is"?  it's exactly what's happening.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #692 on: February 10, 2016, 10:45:59 am »
unless julian has a better idea..

I mean, I like being snarky and telling you all when you're being idiots for being hyper-reactionary to things and ignore hundreds of year of electoral precedent but there's no way to turn that into a competition so I say we go with Relaxer's penis thing.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #693 on: February 10, 2016, 10:53:06 am »
as if the parties are failing to represent what the American people want...and outsiders are hijacking them..

"as is"?  it's exactly what's happening.

well I think so too..

hutch

« Reply #694 on: February 10, 2016, 10:55:01 am »
I still think a Bush-Hillary election might be the most likely outcome....

At this point on the Republican side I think Trump, Cruz and Bush are the best positioned....

Relaxer

« Reply #695 on: February 10, 2016, 10:59:11 am »
unless julian has a better idea..

I mean, I like being snarky and telling you all when you're being idiots for being hyper-reactionary to things and ignore hundreds of year of electoral precedent but there's no way to turn that into a competition so I say we go with Relaxer's penis thing.

I agree

This is me, by the way

oword

Space Freely

« Reply #696 on: February 10, 2016, 11:00:21 am »
If we're talking about penis measurement only, I'm sure we can all agree that Carson would have it in the bag. The Latinos would be dead last, unless somebody could convince an Asian to run.

I've also always wondered why a reasonably handsome neurosurgeon couldn't bag a hotter wife.

« Reply #697 on: February 10, 2016, 11:15:10 am »
Sidehatch won the Democrat side because I didn't answer and Hutch might as well not have answered.
a win's a win! and I'd like to thank the little people...but also Nate silver and RCP for some guidance on where to go

Man, don't know what I was thinking giving Rubio 25...I think originally I had him at 15, but didn't suspect Kasich would come in so strong. 
slack

« Reply #698 on: February 10, 2016, 11:18:29 am »
So I ran the numbers of what Hutch, Sidehatch and I predicted (way to puss out, other people) compared to what the candidates actually got.

In the end, I believe that I won the NH primary, with Hutch and Sidehatch valiantly fighting for second (last) place. On to South Carolina!

I'm not sure about this way of measuring who did better.. I just got to say that...after all the biggest takeaways have to be:

1. Trump wins (dominant)
2. Kasich in second
3. Bush rejuvenated
4. Strong Cruz
5. Rubio wilts
6. Christie OUT
7. Carson/Fiorina pretty much done

so you'd have to look at the numbers, ordering, etc

just doing difference from what you picked for final number is a little too simple because the real important conclusions get lost in there.. does that make sense?

I would say that of the 7 I did this way
1. yes/no  half credit?
2. yes
3. yes
4. no
5. yes
6. yes
7. yes
I do think Hutch does get some credit for picking 1,2 and 3
Not sure how to weight that vs the way Relaxer did
slack

« Reply #699 on: February 10, 2016, 11:21:29 am »
If we're talking about penis measurement only, I'm sure we can all agree that Carson would have it in the bag. The Latinos would be dead last, unless somebody could convince an Asian to run.

I've also always wondered why a reasonably handsome neurosurgeon couldn't bag a hotter wife.
too bad Jindal dropped out, might have helped your post have a little more arc
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #700 on: February 10, 2016, 11:23:05 am »
Hutch got 1 and 2 right. He had Bush at 3.
oword

hutch

« Reply #701 on: February 10, 2016, 11:25:20 am »
I concede defeat and congratulate Relaxer even if I might not always agree with him... now we take it to NEVADA AND SOUTH CAROLINA!!!!!!!!!!!! woooooooooooooooooooo.. join us!

« Reply #702 on: February 10, 2016, 11:25:52 am »
Hutch got 1 and 2 right. He had Bush at 3.
my bad, that is correct, but having K in at #2 was bold...we both had Rubio and he came in 4th
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:28:10 am by Sidehatch ★ |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ❄️ »
slack

hutch

« Reply #703 on: February 10, 2016, 11:30:13 am »
The point is Relaxer had Bush at 5% and I had him at 17%.. in the end he got 11% so with the differential system we both did as well or badly..

But Bush's performance was relatively strong and he is rejuvenated (particularly for beating Rubio)...

but like I said I am fine doing it with differentials and Relaxer is our guru and light.

Space Freely

« Reply #704 on: February 10, 2016, 11:55:40 am »

too bad Jindal dropped out, might have helped your post have a little more arc

It appears that the Latinos have more than I gave them credit for. Cuba a very respectable #40.

http://klaq.com/worldwide-penis-survey-heres-the-chart-were-talking-about-this-a-m/