Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904787 times)

killsaly

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #735 on: February 11, 2016, 01:57:56 pm »
well I did my fair share for Obama.. but I completely disagree..winning a primarily african-american state would not have made people take the campaign seriously like winning an almost exclusively white state....
What do you consider to be a "primarily african-american state"?

There are exactly zero states that have at least 50% or higher African-American population. 
http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/distribution-by-raceethnicity/

hutch

« Reply #736 on: February 11, 2016, 02:00:01 pm »
well I did my fair share for Obama.. but I completely disagree..winning a primarily african-american state would not have made people take the campaign seriously like winning an almost exclusively white state....

There are exactly zero states that have at least 50% or higher African-American population. 

I meant the electorate in the democratic primary is primarily African-American.. sorry.

Got to say I had never heard anyone make the argument that Iowa did not matter or that President Obama was counting on SC

It has been a long established fact that it was the Iowa victory that led African Americans to take Obama's candidacy seriously..before that happened in polls African Americans were supporting Hillary...Once they saw he could win (when he won white Iowa) they began to give him a serious look...

But apparently in the Smackie world of fiction Obama would have lost Iowa , gone on to lose New Hampshire, then won South Carolina and somehow won the nomination.... this is seriously bizzarro..

anyways, got to take the kids to their therapies so I will have to beg off this thread
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:03:24 pm by hutch »

« Reply #737 on: February 11, 2016, 02:00:40 pm »

although 27% and I'm fairly certain everyone of them are Democrats
so a majority of Democrats in SC are African American
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #738 on: February 11, 2016, 02:13:21 pm »
It has been a long established fact that it was the Iowa victory that led African Americans to take Obama's candidacy seriously..before that happened in polls African Americans were supporting Hillary...Once they saw he could win (when he won white Iowa) they began to give him a serious look...
Horse shit. Pure, unadulterated horse shit.

Here is a 538 article that links to two polls from around AUGUST 2007 showing Obama with close to 50% support among African Americans. While that did climb to 82% by the end of the Democratic Primaries, the idea that there was a massive swing from Hillary to Obama post-Iowa, or that Hillary led among African-American voters, is fiction.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:30:12 pm by Julian, Authenticated LUXUROPHILE »
LVMH

« Reply #739 on: February 11, 2016, 02:16:03 pm »
Horse shit. Pure, unadulterated horse shit.

...opps retraction as I thought you were talking about 2016
slack

« Reply #740 on: February 11, 2016, 02:22:08 pm »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/democratic_presidential_nomination-191.html#polls

For reference: Jan 3 was Iowa, Jan8 was NH, Jan 27 was SC. When do you think that race turned?
LVMH

« Reply #741 on: February 11, 2016, 02:31:16 pm »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/democratic_presidential_nomination-191.html#polls

For reference: Jan 3 was Iowa, Jan8 was NH, Jan 27 was SC. When do you think that race turned?

you don't think this poll was a result of a win in Iowa
Rasmussen 1/8 - 1/11 401 LV 21 22 -- -- -- Clinton +1

before Jan 3rd she was + teens/20s
slack

Yada

« Reply #742 on: February 11, 2016, 02:31:54 pm »
The Trump troll was bringin' the lolz last night.

« Reply #743 on: February 11, 2016, 02:34:30 pm »

You are literally looking at a comprehensive list of polls and picking the outlier. I see 5 polls on each side of that with overlapping dates that have Hillary still comfortably ahead. There is a trend of Hillary leading by a large margin in 95% of the polls until the week after SC and Nevada when, on a dime, Obama starts leading in virtually every poll thereafter.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:36:37 pm by Julian, Authenticated LUXUROPHILE »
LVMH

« Reply #744 on: February 11, 2016, 02:38:12 pm »

You are literally looking at a comprehensive list of polls and picking the outlier. I see 5 polls on each side of that with overlapping dates that have Hillary still comfortably ahead. I see no giant trend to Obama leading until the immediate aftermath of the SC and Nevada primaries.
Ok was a cherry pick...but this poll was done just days after Iowa

although...the original argument is when African American's turned...and these polls don't show that
The Clintons have historically done well in that community
I've a reporter friend who often says "Obama wasn't the first black president, Bill Clinton was the first Black president" 
slack

« Reply #745 on: February 11, 2016, 02:40:21 pm »
although...the original argument is when African American's turned...and these polls don't show that
I edited my "pure unadulterated horseshit" post with a link to an article that links in a footnote to several polls which have Obama with ~50% support among African-American voters close to a half a year before Iowa.
LVMH

« Reply #746 on: February 11, 2016, 02:41:49 pm »
I edited my "pure unadulterated horseshit" post with a link to an article that links in a footnote to several polls which have Obama with ~50% support among African-American voters close to a half a year before Iowa.
50% kinda sucks, you'd think he'd get 95% right off the bat
slack

« Reply #747 on: February 11, 2016, 02:42:49 pm »

He ended up at 82%, for some context.

Regardless, if Obama was ~50% that far out, it is absurd to argue that Hillary led with black voters at any time in that race much less debate what was the turning point.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:44:55 pm by Julian, Authenticated LUXUROPHILE »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #748 on: February 11, 2016, 03:29:05 pm »

He ended up at 82%, for some context.

Regardless, if Obama was ~50% that far out, it is absurd to argue that Hillary led with black voters at any time in that race much less debate what was the turning point.

The turning point in the Obama candidacy was when he won Iowa... you must have been out of the country or something.. everything happened very quickly after that.. the Yes We Can speech, video by Will I am, endorsement by Ted Kennedy, etc....

The point isn't that NO African Americans were supporting Obama before Iowa but the huge support came after Iowa... I guess you also don't remember when Oprah went down to South Carolina to rally support among the African American community..as in your imaginary world he didn't need that cause he already had 100% support among African Americans..

Really its sad I have to take time out of my busy schedule to spank your cherry pickin' ass...

Relaxer

« Reply #749 on: February 11, 2016, 03:32:29 pm »
The turning point in the Obama candidacy was when he won Iowa... you must have been out of the country or something.. everything happened very quickly after that.. the Yes We Can speech, video by Will I am, endorsement by Ted Kennedy, etc....

I don't remember it happening quickly. In fact, I remember the primary getting dragged out forever. Hillary didn't actually drop out until June, so while Obama had a lead, it was still very suspenseful and Hillary continued to win states into the spring.
oword