Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904741 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #825 on: February 22, 2016, 11:31:08 am »
for the dems...it was close and I'm not even going to post my pathetic predictions

NV     Hutch     jules
H   52.6   53      52.5
S   47.3    47        47.5

So jules takes it in a similar fashion to Denny Hamlin edging out Martin Truex Jr.

I think he takes it on a technicality as 53 is 52.6 rounded up and 47 is 47.3 rounded down.. those were my exact numbers by the way... of course..

hutch

« Reply #826 on: February 22, 2016, 11:35:01 am »

relaxer, get your shit together.. not just the numbers either..you got to bring the comedy gold!

« Reply #827 on: February 22, 2016, 11:57:36 am »
Don't worry relaxer...there are lots of contests coming up
I think we should put some money down for super Tuesday!

But seriously...is there a Fanduel for primaries
That'd be the kind of thing I could get in to
slack

killsaly

« Reply #828 on: February 22, 2016, 12:11:08 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/NowThisElection/videos/1109836109047878/
^Awesome one minute video highlighting why Jeb had the funniest moments of the election, so far

Space Freely

« Reply #829 on: February 22, 2016, 02:09:46 pm »
So if Trump wins in November, will Obama declare himself president for life?

« Reply #830 on: February 22, 2016, 02:11:53 pm »
So if Trump wins in November, will Obama declare himself president for life?
don't really get the joke, but there is nothing in the constitution that Obama can't declare anything
well, maybe not FIRE during a SOTU
slack

« Reply #831 on: February 22, 2016, 03:03:09 pm »
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #832 on: February 22, 2016, 03:39:50 pm »
I love that picture of Bernie. He looks like a dude who's checkin left, checkin right, and then quickly rubbing one out in this small window of opportunity.
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #833 on: February 22, 2016, 03:47:57 pm »
Are we all in agreement the GOP race is Rubio v Trump at this point? There's really no delegate math getting Cruz to 50% and he's so massively unliked by his colleagues he couldn't win in a contested convention. His biggest impact on the race is how long until he gets out of it: the longer he goes, the better for Trump; the sooner its a two-man race, the better for Rubio.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #834 on: February 22, 2016, 04:01:02 pm »
I would agree that it will likely come down to Rubio and Trump. I know before Saturday, some people had Kasich possibly emerging as the voice of GOP reason, but his dismal showing this weekend is slotting him firmly in VP-at-best territory.

I'm noting a tone shift in the coverage on Trump. It seems like all articles are devoting a full paragraph or more on the fact that if any other GOP candidate was doing as well as Trump, that candidate would be called the 'prohibitive favorite' but because it's Trump, it feels weird to say that.
oword

« Reply #835 on: February 22, 2016, 04:03:24 pm »
I would agree that it will likely come down to Rubio and Trump. I know before Saturday, some people had Kasich possibly emerging as the voice of GOP reason, but his dismal showing this weekend is slotting him firmly in VP-at-best territory.
If he doesn't have a second place finish in NH to his name, he's out of this race officially by now, I'd imagine.
LVMH

« Reply #836 on: February 22, 2016, 04:05:52 pm »
I'm noting a tone shift in the coverage on Trump. It seems like all articles are devoting a full paragraph or more on the fact that if any other GOP candidate was doing as well as Trump, that candidate would be called the 'prohibitive favorite' but because it's Trump, it feels weird to say that.
I don't think he's the prohibitive favorite. I think it'll be Rubio. If Cruz stays in this the entire way, no one gets to the delegate count they need and it's probably Rubio at the convention because party insiders aren't going to sway voters to Trump/Cruz. If Cruz gets out fairly soon, I think it's Rubio because Trump vs. only-one-non-Trump-option doesn't favor Trump. Trump seems to have a ceiling.

I guess I'm interested in if anyone actually sees a hypothetical contested convention going to anyone but Rubio.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #837 on: February 22, 2016, 04:50:52 pm »
Trump has said that if he's booted in a contested convention, he'd run as independent.  Which works for me, since he'd split the republican vote, and either H or S would win.  And the liberal supreme court. And the American people.

« Reply #838 on: February 22, 2016, 05:24:26 pm »
And the American people.
nice and couldn't agree more...that's been my hope since Trump showed up day one
He certainty could pull a lot of people to vote for him as a 3rd party, but not enough to win
slack

« Reply #839 on: February 22, 2016, 05:25:33 pm »
And the American people.
nice and couldn't agree more...that's been my hope since Trump showed up day one
He certainty could pull a lot of people to vote for him as a 3rd party, but not enough to win
Hey, a wackadoo 3rd party candidate helped us get a Clinton in office the first time; why mess with success?
LVMH