Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904516 times)

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #840 on: February 22, 2016, 05:31:21 pm »
And the American people.
nice and couldn't agree more...that's been my hope since Trump showed up day one
He certainty could pull a lot of people to vote for him as a 3rd party, but not enough to win
Hey, a wackadoo 3rd party candidate helped us get a Clinton in office the first time; why mess with success?
man an my inlaws wanted that wackadoo sooo bad as well as this current wackadoo

Must say Willy's lasting contribution to liberal ideology is waning over time
look at the impact of NAFTA, Welfare reform, lack of action on the drug war, 3 Strikes, freedom of marriage
as well as some of the seeds for the Mortgage crisis

I love slick willy, but he was a moderate who leaned a little further right than I would have preferred,

but ultimately he had to compromise to get stuff passed, just really didn't like some of the stuff that actually got passed
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #841 on: February 22, 2016, 05:33:55 pm »
He balanced the budget and presided over the longest period of economic prosperity in two generations.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #842 on: February 22, 2016, 05:51:12 pm »
And the American people.
nice and couldn't agree more...that's been my hope since Trump showed up day one
He certainty could pull a lot of people to vote for him as a 3rd party, but not enough to win
Hey, a wackadoo 3rd party candidate helped us get a Clinton in office the first time; why mess with success?

look at the impact of NAFTA, Welfare reform, lack of action on the drug war, 3 Strikes, freedom of marriage

I love slick willy, but he was a moderate who leaned a little further right than I would have preferred,

but ultimately he had to compromise to get stuff passed, just really didn't like some of the stuff that actually got passed

this is some of the dumbest shit i have read.. incomes grew.. people were doing well... that is the most important thing... i guess you forgot how the late 90s were... it was a golden age.. I remember being at parties at Tim's and everyone was talking about how great things were going.. don't you remember? unemployment going down down down.. stock market going up up up?

of course bill wasn't a left wing liberal.. how could he be? don't you remember how he got creamed in 94 by gingrich??? he had to tack to the center. .that is what the American people wanted.. that is how he got reelected..that is how he worked with congress to balance the budget and get things done..he worked within the context of what was possible!

now all of a sudden in 2016 we are going to judge the 1990s as a failure? 

« Reply #843 on: February 22, 2016, 06:01:54 pm »
And the American people.

this is some of the dumbest shit i have read.. incomes grew.. people were doing well... that is the most important thing... i guess you forgot how the late 90s were... it was a golden age.. I remember being at parties at Tim's and everyone was talking about how great things were going.. don't you remember? unemployment going down down down.. stock market going up up up?

of course bill wasn't a left wing liberal.. how could he be? don't you remember how he got creamed in 94 by gingrich??? he had to tack to the center. .that is what the American people wanted.. that is how he got reelected..that is how he worked with congress to balance the budget and get things done..he worked within the context of what was possible!

Is everyone having problems reading, I never said there wasn't prosperity...can't really say he takes all the credit for that either...as jules said "he presided'
And yes us and all our white middle class friends did great in the 90's....so not a really good example

I said I like bill, but he was a contributor to things that today have really snowballed
even he admitted that he wished he didn't sign the 3 strikes

with 3 strikes, NAFTA and Welfare reform...do you think African American or poor minorities are better off

So we can't discuss these things?
These are important to me and I think their impact should be talked about
slack

hutch

« Reply #844 on: February 22, 2016, 06:13:53 pm »
And the American people.

Is everyone having problems reading, I never said there wasn't prosperity...can't really say he takes all the credit for that either...as jules said "he presided'
And yes us and all our white middle class friends did great in the 90's....so not a really good example

I said I like bill, but he was a contributor to things that today have really snowballed
even he admitted that he wished he didn't sign the 3 strikes

with 3 strikes, NAFTA and Welfare reform...do you think African American or poor minorities are better off

So we can't discuss these things?
These are important to me and I think their impact should be talked about

your argument seems to be that prosperity only benefited white people? is that your position? low unemployment and increased incomes were limited to white people?

I support free trade...I supported NAFTA and still support free trade agreements.... I don't see a point to producing shirts in South Carolina when they can make them far cheaper in Bangladesh...of course it tends to create economic dislocation.... the answer is not to keep making expensive shirts in South Carolina though..

vansmack

« Reply #845 on: February 22, 2016, 07:31:56 pm »
Trump has said that if he's booted in a contested convention, he'd run as independent.  Which works for me, since he'd split the republican vote, and either H or S would win.  And the liberal supreme court. And the American people.

Some people forget that in order to win the Presidential election, one candidate has to get 270 votes in the Electoral College.

In absence of one candidate getting 270 Electoral College votes, the House of Representatives elects the next President of the United States.

If a third party candidate does moderately well enough to prohibit the largest vote getter from becoming President, is this the Congress you want electing the next President?

Believe me, Michael Bloomberg knows this all too well.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #846 on: February 22, 2016, 08:25:11 pm »
debatable whether Trump could win a state....  likeliest scenario is he will be the Republican nominee .. barring that he will run as independent and make it harder on the republican than the democratic party candidate...in that scenario I think a democratic candidate would be assured of picking up states like Ohio and Florida with a plurality... Trump could get serious votes in FL and OH but more than the democratic party candidate? I don't see it.

« Reply #847 on: February 22, 2016, 10:26:51 pm »
In absence of one candidate getting 270 Electoral College votes, the House of Representatives elects the next President of the United States.

If a third party candidate does moderately well enough to prohibit the largest vote getter from becoming President, is this the Congress you want electing the next President?
I think that is the scariest scenario I've ever heard
good flying spaghetti monster, please do not let that happen
slack

« Reply #848 on: February 23, 2016, 01:38:19 pm »
Great 2 min vid by Robert Reich
4 Reasons Ted Cruz is Even More Dangerous than Donald Trump
good stuff
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #850 on: February 23, 2016, 04:32:48 pm »
I have no idea.. don't even know how the caucus works...noticeable lack of polling on this one...

NV-R

Trump 43
Rubio 25
Cruz 22
Kasich 5
Carson 4
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:06:21 pm by hutch »

« Reply #851 on: February 23, 2016, 04:38:20 pm »
NV-R
Trump 38
Cruz 28
Rubio 25
Kasich 3
Deez Nuts 2
Carson 1

Edit...just found out that Deez Nuts has endorsed Kasich
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:54:36 pm by Sidehatch ★ |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ❄️ »
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #852 on: February 23, 2016, 04:59:13 pm »

Edit...just found out that Deez Nuts has endorsed Kasich

I thought Deace nuts endorsed Cruz. If Cruz loses, no more Deace nuts!
😐 🎶

« Reply #853 on: February 23, 2016, 05:03:12 pm »
Trump 37.4
Rubio 27.7
Cruz 21.7
Kasich 7.4
Carson 5.7
LVMH

« Reply #854 on: February 23, 2016, 05:07:46 pm »
NV-R
Trump 38
Cruz 28
Rubio 25
Kasich 3
Deez Nuts 2
Carson 1
Quoted for posterity before he attempts to change it when he realizes his numbers only add up to 97%.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:10:40 pm by Julian, Authenticated LUXUROPHILE »
LVMH