Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 919768 times)

killsaly

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #990 on: March 04, 2016, 01:27:43 am »

hutch

« Reply #991 on: March 04, 2016, 10:02:10 am »
another 242,000 jobs added

« Reply #992 on: March 04, 2016, 10:07:34 am »
Hutch, do you remember was the 'price' of gas was when Newt pulled that stunt on the Gas Station on Columbia Pike 4 years ago

Wasn't it like $1.85 and was talking all this shit about how Obama was hurting the middle class with gas being so high

That gas station today...$1.67
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #993 on: March 04, 2016, 10:26:16 am »
I'm actually fascinated to see how Trump does in the next set of primaries. Fox News basically orchestrated a hit on him last night. Cruz and Rubio were setting each other up for one-liners half the night. That was simultaneously a shitshow and completely captivating all at once.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #994 on: March 04, 2016, 10:30:39 am »
I'm so pissed I missed last night's debate. I'm totally out of the loop.
oword

hutch

« Reply #995 on: March 04, 2016, 10:33:58 am »
Its definitely taking a toll on Trump's numbers... I think on Super Tuesday he lost about 5% across the board....

If Trump wins MI, OH and FL I have to think its over although Cruz would probably hang on..I just can't see Cruz winning places like CA, NY, PA against Trump in a 1 on 1...

Too many debates....total waste of time...on both sides...

« Reply #996 on: March 04, 2016, 10:38:49 am »
If Trump wins MI, OH and FL I have to think its over although Cruz would probably hang on..I just can't see Cruz winning places like CA, NY, PA against Trump in a 1 on 1...
I think the new strategy is for Kasich to stay in and try to take OH, then the other 2 stay in the entire way and get a contested convention. It's not about Trump not getting the most delegates, its about keeping him under 50% at this point.

LVMH

hutch

« Reply #997 on: March 04, 2016, 11:15:07 am »
I think the new strategy is for Kasich to stay in and try to take OH, then the other 2 stay in the entire way and get a contested convention. It's not about Trump not getting the most delegates, its about keeping him under 50% at this point.

yes there are strategies but if Trump beats Kasich in OH and beats Rubio in FL they will have to both concede.. at some point reality trumps (!) strategy....they may SAY that is their strategy today... but when the numbers come in its different..  How can Rubio make a case he can win if he can't win FL?.. and FL is winner take all so it will really make Trump look like he is closing in on the magic number...If you look at the poll numbers even in a place like Michigan Kasich is doing very poorly.. I think he's a goner...

I think the rest of the candidates and the establishment has until March 15..  that gives them about 10 days and one more debate... Trump might lose some of the caucuses but...can't remember the names but there are two southern states coming up and he will dominate there..

They may talk about a long strategy but that is what campaigns do to buy themselves time... and in this case.. to throw the kitchen sink at him...

« Reply #998 on: March 04, 2016, 11:24:24 am »
yes there are strategies but if Trump beats Kasich in OH and beats Rubio in FL they will have to both concede.. at some point reality trumps (!) strategy....they may SAY that is their strategy today... but when the numbers come in its different..  How can Rubio make a case he can win if he can't win FL?.. and FL is winner take all so it will really make Trump look like he is closing in on the magic number...If you look at the poll numbers even in a place like Michigan Kasich is doing very poorly.. I think he's a goner...
I agree, if Trump wins the winner-take-all FL and OH delegates, any attempt to hold Trump to a simple plurality goes out the window.

In which case we get into the weird hypothetical of does the GOP establishment run a third-party candidate, knowing full well it concedes the election to Hillary simply to avoid the party moving to Trump's image.
LVMH

« Reply #999 on: March 04, 2016, 12:30:29 pm »
didn't watch the deba(cle)te last night
but I've just found it funny how they keep talking about bringing the jobs back
I think trump said "if I were president, iphones would be manufactured here'

Not sure why this is such a hard concept, but the reason they are manufactured overseas is they can pay people very little and their labor rights are slim...so very cheap way to get things manufactured

If they built iPhones here...they would cost $2000

and the same thing with exporting 12million illegals (although they really only want to kick out the brown ones)
 Who is going to do those jobs...and the cost to the public would be disastrous to our economy
farming/construction and many other industries would have to increase costs to a level that would just be a total disaster
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1000 on: March 04, 2016, 12:43:55 pm »
it's all baseless tough-talk.

how are they going to compel apple to make its phones here, constitutionally?  they can't.  and even if they could, as 'hatch pointed out it would cost too much, demand would drop, and it would ultimately hurt the company (and its shareholders, and its employees, and those collecting taxes from all of these, etc.)

mass deportation of undocumented workers would wreck havoc on food prices.  would also likely result in a humanitarian nightmare.  where would we send these people?  i doubt that our neighbor to the south wants 12 million arrivals all at once.

it's as if they haven't given their proposals a second thought... oh, wait.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1001 on: March 04, 2016, 01:50:56 pm »
Fascinating look at who is voting for Trump...and why.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/03/04/trump-supportersin-their-own-words

killsaly

« Reply #1002 on: March 04, 2016, 02:05:27 pm »
If you have not had enough of this election, now you can get Pop Funko vinyl toys of some of the leading candidates.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1003 on: March 04, 2016, 02:32:42 pm »

Sometimes it takes more than a village to craft an artisanal shirt.

Our organic cotton for the Japanese Button Down comes from Izmir, Turkey, on the coast of the country. Grown near the Aegean Sea, the dry weather and a mild climate has made it an ideal cotton growing area since ancient times. The cotton grown in this area is known for its natural white color as well as the strength of the fiber. Our Izmir cotton is organic, which is doing the right thing for the soil, for the world?s water, and for our climate. Organic cotton, which is only 1% of cotton worldwide, keeps nutrients in the soil, it doesn?t contribute pesticides to our water system, and it has 60% lower greenhouse gas emissions than the other 99% of cotton.

After the cotton is picked it is carded, combed, spun and dyed in a GOTS certified mill, also in Izmir, Turkey. GOTS, standing for Global Organic Textile Standard, is a leading processing standard for fibers which takes into account both environmental and social criteria.

Our cotton fabric is woven in Nishiwaki, Japan, using the centuries-old Banshu-Ori tradition. Originally developed for making kimonos, Banshu-Ori intricately weaves together yarn dyed cotton to create soft, subtly textured fabric with splended color variation. The legend of this world-renown weave is that in 1788 a carpenter from Nishiwaki went to Kyoto and studied the structure of the Nishijin brocade loom. When he returned home to Nishiwaki he fused his knowledge of the traditional loom with new technology and created the revolutionary Banshu-Ori weave. The craft has been passed down through the generations in this same region of Japan.

The custom buttons are crafted from trochus shell, sourced from Indonesia. They are made into button by Gritti Group in Grassobbio, Italy, in a facility that has Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification. This is an independent testing and certification system that ensures no harmful substances were used in transforming the raw material into, in our case, a beautiful button.

The sewers at C&J Sportwear, located in the heart of New York?s Garment District, use their decades of experience to take our lush fabric and make these detailed and perfect-fitting pieces. You can learn more about the craftsmen of C&J here.

Free shipping!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:39:09 pm by jaded »

hutch

« Reply #1004 on: March 04, 2016, 02:35:04 pm »
didn't watch the deba(cle)te last night
but I've just found it funny how they keep talking about bringing the jobs back
I think trump said "if I were president, iphones would be manufactured here'

Not sure why this is such a hard concept, but the reason they are manufactured overseas is they can pay people very little and their labor rights are slim...so very cheap way to get things manufactured

and the same thing with exporting 12million illegals (although they really only want to kick out the brown ones)
 Who is going to do those jobs...and the cost to the public would be disastrous to our economy
farming/construction and many other industries would have to increase costs to a level that would just be a total disaster

but you are against free trade so presumably you want those phones built in the US.. otherwise your anti-free trade position makes no sense...

this is what gets me about some people... they love to spout off their anti-free trade drivel but god forbid they should have to pay more money for their iphones