Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904615 times)

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #1005 on: March 04, 2016, 02:55:21 pm »
.. otherwise your anti-free trade position makes no sense...

If left to corporations, they are going to find the way to do things the cheapest way possible
but our economy has to absorb the impact of a factory leaving a small town in welfare, healthcare and other costs that end up being paid by tax payers

so yes you get your shirts for $3 cheaper, but an entire small town got wiped out
is that worth it

I think part of the problem is that there is this mind set that "American lives matter more than peoples lives in developing countries"

So we can totally look the other way when people are pretty much doing slave labor and get our goods cheap

I know I'm a pinko communist and should be railroaded out of town
It's not realistic, but I think we should leverage government to reign in corporations who really don't care about the welfare of individuals
slack

hutch

« Reply #1006 on: March 04, 2016, 02:58:50 pm »

If left to corporations, they are going to find the way to do things the cheapest way possible
but our economy has to absorb the impact of a factory leaving a small town in welfare, healthcare and other costs that end up being paid by tax payers

so yes you get your shirts for $3 cheaper, but an entire small town got wiped out
is that worth it

I think part of the problem is that there is this mind set that "American lives matter more than peoples lives in developing countries"

So we can totally look the other way when people are pretty much doing slave labor and get our goods cheap

It's not realistic, but I think we should leverage government to reign in corporations who really don't care about the welfare of individuals

yes you did say you were anti-free trade when you said you were against free trade agreements... I don't understand your position.. it is trying to have it both ways..

Space Freely

« Reply #1007 on: March 04, 2016, 02:59:18 pm »

is that worth it

Unless you have family and friends in developing countries, who wouldn't be of that opinion?

« Reply #1008 on: March 04, 2016, 03:05:52 pm »
it is trying to have it both ways..
maybe so
I don't think we should be providing massive subsides to keep things here
but I do think that can't compete with slave labor, so low skilled Americans just lose jobs and we really haven't found a good way to absorb those workers

I'm really not sure what the answer is, but I do think that we should try to look out for citizens interests and not always corporate interests

slack

« Reply #1009 on: March 04, 2016, 03:16:09 pm »
Ok let's get off the free-trade stuff
I don't have a very good argument or facts...just feelings

but Trump is flip-flopping on killing family members of terrorists

I think we are going to see a greater scrutiny on the crazy things he says
not sure why it's taken this long, maybe even Trump never thought he'd get this far
slack

hutch

« Reply #1010 on: March 04, 2016, 03:18:40 pm »
maybe so
but I do think that can't compete with slave labor, so low skilled Americans just lose jobs and we really haven't found a good way to absorb those workers

I'm really not sure what the answer is, but I do think that we should try to look out for citizens interests and not always corporate interests

yes..well, you have no idea what you're talking about but at least you know that...so just remember that next time you're supporting Bernie.. remember you don't want to pay $2000 more for your iphone so your support is just bullshit to make you feel better....remember when you say you are against free trade that you don't really mean it...

I do thank you for being honest...its refreshing.. not that many people would be willing to admit they dont' know what they're talking about..

« Reply #1011 on: March 04, 2016, 03:25:47 pm »
maybe so

yes..well, you have no idea what you're talking about but at least you know that...so just remember that next time you're supporting Bernie.. remember you don't want to pay $2000 more for your iphone so your support is just bullshit to make you feel better....remember when you say you are against free trade that you don't really mean it...

I do thank you for being honest...its refreshing.. not that many people would be willing to admit they dont' know what they're talking about..
oh and thank you for being a pompous asswipe
slack

hutch

« Reply #1012 on: March 04, 2016, 03:35:14 pm »
that is two insults from you in one day... keep it up jerkie and see where it gets you... just because it is an internet forum doesn't mean it has no bearing at all on our friendship.. i don't mind julian insulting me and worse my children - thought it hurt- but i dont' expect to be giving him a ride to the next rock concert, etc..i expect to punch him in the face and step on him....

free trade means we will gain from some things and not others.. the answer is to retrain and adjust our workforce to those sectors and opportunities where we have an advantage.. most of the value added in apple is provided within the US anyways... will there be economic dislocation? of course but that is life...

i thought i wrote all of this weeks ago in different words? are you paying attention?? I'm sorry for South Carolina textile workers but the answer is not to try to compete with Bangladesh and Vietnam and Central America.. its to find other things for those people to do...

at the same time, the only guy who has talked about being tougher on China and Mexico regarding trade is Trump.. now you can make fun of his hair all you want but he's right! we do need to say to china.. ok, we give you a lot of benefits selling in our market and we expect some reciprocity and if we dont' get it we can find someone else to make this stuff for us...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1013 on: March 04, 2016, 03:39:44 pm »
i don't mind julian insulting me and worse my children - thought it hurt- but i dont' expect to be giving him a ride to the next rock concert, etc..i expect to punch him in the face and step on him....
Two things:

(1) You did mind and said as much.
(2) No one insulted your children. Mentioning them is not, in and of itself, "insulting them."
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1014 on: March 04, 2016, 03:42:56 pm »
i don't mind julian insulting me and worse my children - thought it hurt- but i dont' expect to be giving him a ride to the next rock concert, etc..i expect to punch him in the face and step on him....
Two things:

(1) You did mind and said as much.
(2) No one insulted your children. Mentioning them is not, in and of itself, "insulting them."

stay out of this it is not of your concern!

you did insult them.. you called them ragamuffin or whatever.. you better not mention them ever again or you are banned AGAIN.. DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND? Kosmo will ban you if you mention my kids again so I suggest you do not do that fuckface..

and maybe i used the wrong words but what i meant was it is different to be insulted by someone you don't know and are not friends with... its like.. it hurt.. but so what? i don't know you and i don't want to

« Reply #1015 on: March 04, 2016, 03:45:31 pm »
that is two insults from you in one day... keep it up jerkie and see where it gets you...
Ok I'm not going to go and find all the ways you put me down and insulted me in these past comments

but if you are absolving yourself from doing that...well I guess ignorance is bliss
slack

hutch

« Reply #1016 on: March 04, 2016, 03:48:28 pm »
that is two insults from you in one day... keep it up jerkie and see where it gets you...
Ok I'm not going to go and find all the ways you put me down and insulted me in these past comments

but if you are absolving yourself from doing that...well I guess ignorance is bliss

like when? when i said you can't spell? well you can't! You know it.. and nobody cares anyways...

« Reply #1017 on: March 04, 2016, 03:57:02 pm »

Unless you have family and friends in developing countries, who wouldn't be of that opinion?

because I'm human and I care about the welfare of others that I'm not family or friends with
slack

vansmack

« Reply #1018 on: March 04, 2016, 03:58:12 pm »
Cool.  We're recreating the Republican Debate in here, just like Trump wants.

My God, Mike Judge was so prescient....
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1019 on: March 04, 2016, 04:00:57 pm »
stay out of this it is not of your concern!
You brought me into it when you spent a paragraph talking about me.

you better not mention them ever again or you are banned AGAIN.. DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND? Kosmo will ban you if you mention my kids again so I suggest you do not do that fuckface..
You're a petulant child.
LVMH