Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904948 times)

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #1050 on: March 07, 2016, 02:22:40 pm »
Saw this today and chuckled and cried at the same time

Trump could be stopped by Cruz, much in the way that having cancer can be stopped by being shot in the face.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1051 on: March 07, 2016, 02:26:27 pm »

« Reply #1052 on: March 07, 2016, 02:46:03 pm »
^her credibility was kinda shot when I read she was for Carson (actually 2 of the wives in that article)
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #1053 on: March 07, 2016, 03:41:54 pm »
I'm waiting, for the obligatory, she's fat and her opinion doesn't matter anyway, from Julian.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1054 on: March 07, 2016, 03:47:23 pm »
I'm waiting, for the obligatory, she's fat and her opinion doesn't matter anyway, from Julian.
She's voting, for Ben Carson, her opinion, doesn't matter anyway.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #1055 on: March 07, 2016, 04:24:49 pm »
How about you live in New Hampshire and it doesn't matter because your primary is over?
27>34

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1056 on: March 07, 2016, 06:13:24 pm »
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #1057 on: March 07, 2016, 07:01:15 pm »
Some people forget that in order to win the Presidential election, one candidate has to get 270 votes in the Electoral College.

In absence of one candidate getting 270 Electoral College votes, the House of Representatives elects the next President of the United States.

If a third party candidate does moderately well enough to prohibit the largest vote getter from becoming President, is this the Congress you want electing the next President?

Believe me, Michael Bloomberg knows this all too well.

Bloomberg will not risk a Cruz or Trump Victory.

"But when I look at the data, it?s clear to me that if I entered the race, I could not win. I believe I could win a number of diverse states -- but not enough to win the 270 Electoral College votes necessary to win the presidency.

In a three-way race, it?s unlikely any candidate would win a majority of electoral votes, and then the power to choose the president would be taken out of the hands of the American people and thrown to Congress. The fact is, even if I were to receive the most popular votes and the most electoral votes, victory would be highly unlikely, because most members of Congress would vote for their party?s nominee. Party loyalists in Congress -- not the American people or the Electoral College -- would determine the next president.

As the race stands now, with Republicans in charge of both Houses, there is a good chance that my candidacy could lead to the election of Donald Trump or Senator Ted Cruz. That is not a risk I can take in good conscience."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 07:38:39 pm by vansmack »
27>34

hutch

« Reply #1058 on: March 07, 2016, 07:43:50 pm »
I wonder if he would feel differently if Sanders was going to pick up the dem nomination...

« Reply #1059 on: March 08, 2016, 10:10:38 am »
I wonder if he would feel differently if Sanders was going to pick up the dem nomination...
I think your IF should have been bolded and italicized
maybe even some quotes
 ::)
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #1060 on: March 08, 2016, 10:47:39 am »
would bloomberg even be successful outside of the east coast?  who knows anything about him in the Midwest and the west coast and Hawaii and Alaska?  he might make an more interesting president than trump, but I still tend to think Hillary is the most effective of them once in office dealing with other politicians.  sanders, trump, cruz would get nothing done.  not sure about the new horse in the race, mittster.

killsaly

« Reply #1061 on: March 08, 2016, 10:52:17 am »
Mittens will never be the president. 

hutch

« Reply #1062 on: March 08, 2016, 11:09:40 am »
maybe even some quotes

huh?

« Reply #1063 on: March 08, 2016, 11:31:32 am »
maybe even some quotes

huh?
meaning it's highly unlikely
unless Hill gets indicted ?

but he does make a good case for not letting congress pick the president
that would suck and who the heck would the pick? They hate trump and cruz (and Bloomberg for that matter)
I'm not sure how many votes he'd pull from Hillary and how many actual republicans would vote for him over trump

these are strange times indeed
slack

hutch

« Reply #1064 on: March 08, 2016, 07:26:17 pm »
Looks like I'm running out of gas ....